General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

SoCal Drive Pictures from Saturday!! I love this 00'SE thing!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 07:20 AM

People in SoCal might know that i arrange drives in this area, but my drives consists of mostly Bimmers, audis, and Porsches, just because they are makes of my other rides. I have never taken my Max on to any spirited drives nor have ever driven it aggressively for the past 17 months. As luck will have it, the car i wanted to take was dirty and the other had a nail in the tire, So i dusted off my daily grocery getter MAX and head south for Palomar with all my high powered friends, the only non-german machine was a new WRX and a S2000.

I always felt my maxima is more fun to drive and handles better than my moded A4, but somehow i thought it would look funny in a drive like this or it wont perform up to standards. To my surprise, I was so damn fast! I was driving faster than the moded A4s in the straights or twisties, keeping up with E36 M3s and S4s, and passing some others. Me having bigger ***** might have more to do with how it went, but after 4 hrs of almost on the limit driving and hitting the rev-limiter 18 times, I am more than convinced and impressed that this is a 4 door sports car and not to mention i hit xxxmph several times!!

My car-buddies were all amazed and keep asking me if that "kompressor" is for real or did i mod the suspension. I just say "its bone-stock"! I am now so in love with how this car performs that i take back what i post last week, "asking people why they mod and race who with their Max, here". I just might take my "grocery getter/number 1 stunner!!" to my drives again!

Thanks all for listening and i have become a true believer in the performance of this car and what it really stands for. I'll promise to show more love to my Max, 'cause it really made me proud in front of all that competition. One bad thing though, the maxima's brake just plain SUCK after this mountain run.

Here are some pics for saturday's drive, follow link:

http://members5.clubphoto.com/andre...ar_Drive_61601/