General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

VIP anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
i swear you and kloogy think you are so cool when you refer to me via my old screen name......... so lame
Are you going to change it to a symbol like prince when you get banned again???

Couldnt resist..
Old 09-14-2006, 10:52 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
i swear you and kloogy think you are so cool when you refer to me via my old screen name......... so lame
while the name has changed, the attitude and lack of common sense hasn't.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:05 PM
no more maxima...

yes, another fad has hit north america. i hate it, leave it in japan.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hoooper
cefiro = international maxima
rwd with an rb20det too I might add.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Finally, individuals with my state of mind on VIP. That knows the meaning. I believe the maxima can receive the treatment. Some one just has to follow through with it. I can see the european aspect applied to the max since the max has the great potential to be a great performance car wield in the right hands.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:57 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally Posted by celestialking23
Finally, individuals with my state of mind on VIP. That knows the meaning. I believe the maxima can receive the treatment. Some one just has to follow through with it. I can see the european aspect applied to the max since the max has the great potential to be a great performance car wield in the right hands.
please give up. maxima CANNOT be VIP. it will be a bad case of a "wannabe". maxima has ZERO potential to be a GREAT performance car. no matter in what hands. it wasnt designed for it, and unless you do a complete transformation (at which point it wouldnt be a maxima anymore), there is no chance.

Put simply: Maxima and great performance/VIP is like NASCAR taurus/monte carlo and "stock" taurus/monte carlo.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

It doesn't have to have "great performance" to be VIP. It just has to be relatively capable, which is easily possible with any Maxima.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Maybe, but not in the 12 years I lived in Japan!!!

This is the way I understand the true VIP designation...

What is VIP? European, Japanese or American automobiles which are recognized as luxury vehicles.
VIP- The ultimate VIP vehicle can be defined by the perfect synthesis of form and function. Established and respected European/Japanese tuning firms provide the components that ultimately help create a VIP style vehicle. Often these parts are rather difficult and expensive to obtain. The latest in technology and materials are used to ensure the vehicle is on the leading edge of tuning. Cost is often a secondary concern to quality. There are no short cuts taken on a VIP vehicle. From the exterior to the interior, modifications are completed that extend beyond the simple bolt-ons. Attention to detail is paramount among those serious about VIP tuning. Flawless workmanship and custom styling cues are the rule, not the exception. Whether a VIP vehicle is parked on the streets of LA, Miami or NYC, there is no mistaking the sleek, upscale style. VIP tuning is universally recognized by the high-end look and feel.

Japanese VIP Tuning

If you don't know what Japanese VIP tuning is, it's pretty simple. In Japan, there is a long list of big luxury cars available to the market. From the Nissan Cima to the Toyota Aristo, these cars are upgraded by way of fancy body kits, huge expensive rims, air suspension, insane sound systems, etc.

Some of the cars that are popular with VIP tuning in Japan are the Crowns, Aristos, Majestas, Celsiors, and Cimas. There is a long list of models with each having a healthy following. Body kits are a major part of the tuning process. Normally VIP saloons are outfitted with widebody kits and huge sidesteps that makes the car look like it's an inch off the ground. It may sound surprising but huge double decked, GTR, and supra wings are not the norm when it comes to Japanese VIP tuning. What is popular though is the whale tail. Small lip spoilers that have been molded to the trunk are also very popular but the whale tails definitely attract the most attention.

One of the craziest aspects of the tuning they do is to the mufflers. Wild mufflers are definitely a big part of the VIP style. You'll see single mufflers that are pretty average and singles that seem to stick out 2 feet from the car and curve upwards.

The interiors of the cars are highly modified too. Full leather interiors, wood and carbon fiber dash kits, electronic suspension controlling systems, expensive floor mats, navigation systems, insane sound systems, and expensive steering wheels are just some of the modifications made. They will also have lots of neon and black lighting on the inside.

The stereo systems are also a major factor when it comes to VIP tuning. They go all out with amazing systems. Expensive CD / navigation head units and the biggest subs that can fit in their cars along with everything else needed to have an awesome system are installed. Pretty much all of the cars will also have TV screens too.

The most popular platforms for Japanese VIP tuning include Lexus or Infinity.

European VIP Tuning

European VIP tuning emphasizes modification of the vehicle in an upscale fashion. The mixture of performance and aesthetic customization of the vehicle does not compromise its overall luxury.

Exterior modification is usually the combination of adding aerodynamic components from respected European tuners, along with some creative custom individualization. Molding of bodywork is popular among this crowd to create a seamless, integrated look. The wheels on these European VIP automobiles are usually multi-piece and not smaller than 19 inches. Often, these wheels are built with custom offsets to achieve a dramatic wheel lip, while allowing for upgraded brake caliper clearance.

The interior of a European VIP vehicle is adorned with the latest in technology and materials. Carbon fiber, alcantara and leather combine to create a driver/passenger environment that is luxurious yet sporty. Complete in-car entertainment systems are carefully integrated and installed with an attention to quality over quantity.

Performance modifications from exhaust and intake to forced induction of normally aspirated engines are common. The key is an installation that can pass as being originally equipped from the factory. Upgraded suspension and brake systems are installed to complete the overall performance package.

The most popular platforms for European VIP tuning include Audi, BMW and Mercedes Benz automobiles. Competition is intense among this elite segment. The cars that consistently win have a cohesive overall theme that is evident in each judging criteria. The careful attention to detail distinguishes the winners in European VIP tuning.

Defined according to NCCA Competition Regulations

Cars eligible for VIP classification include the following brands and respective models:

Audi - A6, A8, all S models

BMW - 5, 6, 7, all M models

Mercedes Benz - CLK, CLS, E, S, SL, all AMG models

Lexus - GS400, LS 400, SC400

Infiniti - I, M, Q models

Volkswagen - Phaeton

Exotics - Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche models

Cadillac – CTS-V, Deville, STS, XLR

Chrysler - 300M

Lincoln - LS

What signifies VIP versus HIN classification?

A competition vehicle which is styled to either Japanese or European VIP specifications as stated in the above description (See pages 1 and 2). If your vehicle is not VIP style, you will be placed in the HIN section of the show for competition.

This means VIP vehicles whether European, Japanese or American, will be placed into one of the following 6 categories based on NCCA Entry Level, Conservative and Extreme classifications.

Competition Classes

VIP Sedan Entry Level 1

VIP Coupe Entry Level 1

VIP Entry Level is for vehicles which are not considered VIP classification according to NCCA regulations. This includes all Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, Mercedes Benz C Class, Lexus IS/GS/LS300, Infinity G Series, and Cadillac CTS. To be eligible in this class, the vehicle must still be built to VIP conservative/extreme standards. It allows competitors with these vehicles a chance to compete in VIP if they choose to do so. Otherwise, they shall compete in HIN mild/wild classes.

VIP Sedan Conservative 1-3

VIP Coupe Conservative 1-3

VIP Conservative - The ultimate VIP conservative vehicle is the embodiment of form and function. Various manufacturers provide the intricate parts which go into creating these vehicles. The exterior of such vehicles are often full of bolt-on modifications which require detailed workmanship. The interior of these vehicles are modified with careful attention to the smallest detail. When modifying a VIP conservative project, one word comes to mind, clean. Clean does not refer to the cleanliness of the vehicle, but to the way the vehicle has been put together. Wild modifications are not seen, but custom paint is allowed. Cars do not have molded body parts or any type of custom alteration to the factory panels. They are built to flow with the original form of the car.

VIP Sedan Extreme 1-3

VIP Coupe Extreme 1-3

VIP Extreme - The ultimate VIP extreme vehicle is the embodiment of form and function. While various manufacturers provide the parts which go into modifying these vehicles, often these parts are extremely rare. Custom work is required in creating a VIP extreme project. The exterior of such vehicles require unique detailed workmanship, and the interior is completely customized with combinations of carbon fiber, alcantara, or leather. Complete in car entertainment systems are the norm. Wild/extreme modifications that require an immense amount of work are often found. Such modifications include intricate custom bodywork, molded body parts, wide body conversions, custom paint jobs, forced induction, and/or drive train swaps.

All VIP vehicles (entry level, conservative, extreme) will also be eligible for competition according to manufacturer.

Manufactures Classes

Best Audi

Best BMW

Best Mercedes Benz

Best Infinity

Best Lexus

Best Exotic (Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche)

Best Domestic (Cadillac, Chrysler 300M, Lincoln LS)

All VIP vehicles (entry level, conservative, extreme) are also eligible for any of the specialty awards.

Specialty Awards

Best EDM - Best use of authentic European Domestic Manufactured products in a vehicle. Emphasis is placed on using products of the car’s country of origin. Use of non-country of origin products will cause loss of points in the respective category. Examples of EDM products include but are not limited to AC Schnitzer, Hamann, Brabus, Carlsson, Lorinser, Abt, Oettinger, TechArt, Imola Racing, and Miura Corse.

Best DTM - Best use of product to replicate a true Deutsche Tourenwagen Master vehicle. These vehicles are always wide-bodied (usually custom made). They also have intricate suspension systems set up for racing and have wild paint schemes too. Audio/video systems are not seen in these vehicles; though allowed will cause the loss of points in this category.

Best Engineered Vehicle - This is awarded to the VIP vehicle with the best drive train swap or naturally aspirated to forced induction conversion. To qualify for the award, the vehicle must be fully functional and in driving condition.

Best Interior - This is awarded to the VIP vehicle that has the most extensively modified interior theme combined with near perfect workmanship. Some alterations include use of rare parts, carbon fiber, custom upholstery and/or fiberglass work.

Best Paint - This is awarded to the VIP vehicle that has the best quality paint job. No paint chips, orange peel, dull spots, fading, etc are allowed. The paint will have the cleanest finish of any vehicle on the show floor. The paint color and quantity of colors does not play a factor in this award.

Best Entertainment System - This is awarded to the VIP vehicle with the cleanest and most customized audio/video system. This includes speakers, head units, amps, monitors, DVD, navigation, and overall installation of the various components. It is not so much quantity of product but rather the quality and originality of installation that will win this award.
I see you typed in "vip tuning" into google and hit the "im feeling lucky button"
Old 09-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by Nissan 6
I see you typed in "vip tuning" into google and hit the "im feeling lucky button"
It saves time on typing...
Old 09-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I love the VIP style and can look at those sleek modded Lexus LS430's all day, (aka Celsior).

Is it pronounced Bippu? 'Be-poo'. I just found that out.

A lil sex for the thread:

Old school Q45

Then theres the tacky ones:

Old 09-27-2006, 09:54 PM
VIP Maxima

take off the "pipes" on the rear quarter and ill rock that Q45 anyday. sick ride

Old 09-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Offset Is Everything.

omg are you serious? hahaha. well maybe if you took out 4 exhaust tail pipes and the two side exhausts, id rock it too... lol.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Wisky97SE
FTW, hands down.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 AM
"and falling like a rock"

this is just a way for tire companies to sell more tires, as if the drifter crowd hasnt wasted enough tread...
Old 09-28-2006, 05:12 PM

another good example
http://www.vipstylecars.com/gallery/...1/IMG_3466.jpg
Old 09-28-2006, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by 89blackse
this is just a way for tire companies to sell more tires, as if the drifter crowd hasnt wasted enough tread...

they fuccin need it...

the industry's down 5%.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:33 AM
Isn't that a girl's name?

if you want to get technical, yes, most vip platforms are rwd luxury sedans. but i dont see why you cant create a vip inspired maxima, and it shouldn't stop anyone who digs the style.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:43 AM
Isn't that a girl's name?

dmBK - to consider vip synonymous with 'great performance' is just a blatant misunderstanding of both the style and common platforms. a large percentage of these cars have little to no go fast parts and suspensions that comprised of air ride or maxed out coilovers. vip is a luxury treatment, not function over form, and not performance- its aesthetics.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:47 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

[QUOTE=luxbond]dmBK - to consider vip synonymous with 'great performance' is just a blatant misunderstanding of both the style and common platforms. a large percentage of these cars have little to no go fast parts and suspensions that comprised of air ride or maxed out coilovers. vip is a luxury treatment, not function over form, and not performance- its aesthetics.
QUOTE]
you misunderstood me. i was responding to someone who was claiming that a maxima could be made into a great something or other. i do understand that VIP is mostly about style, not all out performance.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by luxbond
Hey, that a nice shot of my friend's I30.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 808MAX-SPEC
Hey, that a nice shot of my friend's I30.

tell him to get an 00vi or a MEVI.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by cefiro8701
tell him to get an 00vi or a MEVI.
He may have gotten either one, but I'm not sure.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:20 AM

Not as of the time that pic was taken...
Old 10-01-2006, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by d00df00d
Not as of the time that pic was taken...
Don't know how old this pic is but his ride looked different the last time I saw it. I should be able to find out at the next import auto show for those who would like to know.