General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

gas station question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 06:41 AM

gas station question

just wondering but what if someone went to the gas station early in the morning and wanted to fill up their car up, but the station wasn't open yet because their wasn't any cashier available. They took the gas cap off and put the gas nozzle in the tank, select the grade but couldn't get any gas to pump because there was not any cashier there to activate it. Would it be illegal to just put the pump back and leave the station even though he/she didn't pump any gas. Are all gas stations the same where before someone can start putting gas, the cashier has to activate their particular station. Sorry for the stupid question...
Old 11-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Vil

Depends on the stations, the ones around me usually after 6pm/before 6am you have to pay first and get it activated before you can pump to prevent drive and runs. To answer your first question, no it's not illegal because you didn't actually take any gas.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:34 AM

Are you serious???

hahahahahahah

I would crap my pants if there were such a law. But anyways, doesnt your gas station pump have an ATM machine option.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:21 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

I thought all gas stations had pay-at the pumps options nowadays...
Old 11-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by maxima2k2
just wondering but what if someone went to the gas station early in the morning and wanted to fill up their car up, but the station wasn't open yet because their wasn't any cashier available. They took the gas cap off and put the gas nozzle in the tank, select the grade but couldn't get any gas to pump because there was not any cashier there to activate it. Would it be illegal to just put the pump back and leave the station even though he/she didn't pump any gas. Are all gas stations the same where before someone can start putting gas, the cashier has to activate their particular station. Sorry for the stupid question...
what crime do you think you committed? faking a gas pumping?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:14 AM
mixshows

how old are you?

Old 11-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by maxima2k2
Yes man, once you put that nozzle in the car you CANNOT leave nomatter what without paying, you should just go slip a crisp $50 bill under the door of the station to pay for the opportunity you had of getting a tank of gas. Never just leave!!!!

Not to be nasty or anything but this question reminds me of IQ scales:

50-70 - Mild mental retardation (85%)

35-50 - Moderate mental retardation (10%)

20-35 - Severe mental retardation (4%)

IQ < 20 - Profound mental retardation (1%)
Old 11-08-2006, 10:39 AM

It's no crime, but it might look a little funny. I'm always afraid some overzealous rent a cop would come chase me down. I hate it when you do buy gas at the pump and it forgets to give you a receipt. I've occasionally decided not to get gas if premium is way higher on the pump (some places only advertise regular's price). I once accidently started to pump regular unleaded, total sale $0.01 and stopped and restarted with Premium unleaded because I didn't want regular. On long trips my credit card company occasionally would put a hold on the card (they thought it was stolen because it was "suddenly" in a different area) and obviously you can't buy gas that way. I once asked a convenience store clerk (in the late nineties before credit card at the pump was widespread) what was the smallest amount of gas people would buy-she said poor college students would sometimes buy $0.25 worth of gas ($0.99 per gallon) if they could only find a quarter in their cars.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Banned

on an episode of "Cheaters" a guy who was tazered said the exact phrase you said about the guard who did it: an "overzealous rent a cop"
Old 11-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Don't you know who I am?

And I thought this might be interesting....