General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Japanese equivalent to Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 08:24 PM

Could anyone tell me if there is a Japanese version of the Maxima?
The reason I'm asking - I own a '93 with the M A X I M A logo across the back between the tail lights. If such a thing exists, I would like to replace that logo plate with one that has Japanese lettering in place of the english Maxima logo.

As you may detect from my question, I am a new Maxima owner. I purchased a '93 Maxima GXE two weeks ago, and I'm anxious to get going on some mod's (I have already ordered some Tokico's and Eibachs!)

I'm amazed at some of the terrific looking Maximas I have seen browsing this website and others linked to it. Very inspiring. Thanks to all who contribute - it makes owning a great car like this Maxima so much more fun.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

in Japan, they have the Cefiro which is similar to the maxima, but not quite
the logo is in English text as far as I know

the 3rd gen is also known as J30 in other countries like Australia and maybe others

In UK, 3rd gen is still called maxima, but 4th gen is called QX
Old 07-05-2001, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by laserjet
The reason I'm asking - I own a '93 with the M A X I M A logo across the back between the tail lights. If such a thing exists, I would like to replace that logo plate with one that has Japanese lettering in place of the english Maxima logo.

As you may detect from my question, I am a new Maxima owner. I purchased a '93 Maxima GXE two weeks ago, and I'm anxious to get going on some mod's (I have already ordered some Tokico's and Eibachs!)

I'm amazed at some of the terrific looking Maximas I have seen browsing this website and others linked to it. Very inspiring. Thanks to all who contribute - it makes owning a great car like this Maxima so much more fun.
Nissan Cefiro is the Japanese Maxima. Also known as a I30 . SYCEFIRO should be able to get you a Cefiro emblem. I got one from him and it looks real nice.
Old 07-05-2001, 11:12 PM

hey man

congrats on your maxima purchase.... it's great to have another maxima around on the boards. Stick around it's a great place, good to have ya!! -Nine
Old 07-05-2001, 11:29 PM
Former Sponsor

haha well something funny, but the 1st-3rd Gen Maximas were called "Bluebird"
if anyone has a Sentra i can always get you 'Sunny' signs if u want!!
jus playin
Old 07-06-2001, 11:31 PM

Answer

I was talking to a Japanese distributor and he told me that the 3rd gen maxima is called a maxima in Japan. There's no difference between them except for the right hand drive. The aftermarket sucks for the japanese maxima as well.

David C.
Old 07-07-2001, 01:18 AM
Former Sponsor

oh my bad... i distinctly remember when i was growin up in asia that they were Nissan Bluebirds... maybe that was the 1st and 2nd gen... i'm 4sure on that
yea those cars were always marketed to the 'salaryman' kinda like the Ford Taurus or the Buick Regal...
even now the Cefiro aftermarket sucks compared ot other cars
Old 07-07-2001, 09:42 AM

Schoolbus are also called Bluebirds
Old 07-07-2001, 12:37 PM
Former Sponsor

haha maybe thats why they renamed it maxima when it came to the states.... hmmmm not much they can do with the Nissan Sunny name for the Sentra... kinda sounds like a fruitymobile
Old 07-07-2001, 12:59 PM

Originally posted by carnal_c30
oh my bad... i distinctly remember when i was growin up in asia that they were Nissan Bluebirds... maybe that was the 1st and 2nd gen... i'm 4sure on that
yea those cars were always marketed to the 'salaryman' kinda like the Ford Taurus or the Buick Regal...
Blue Bird ='s Stanza and now {93+} ='s Altima in Japan and other country's.

I think the 3rd gen maximas are called Cefiro A32's over in Japan. Do a search on the net if you wanna make sure.
Old 07-07-2001, 02:30 PM

Carnal is correct Bluebird is for 1st and 2nd generation
maxima. Later on the bluebird were redesignated to the
stanza as the name Maxima took over the name. The 2nd
generation maxima name overlapped the bluebird name.
Sounds complicated but Japanese like to use various names
for the same car. By the way only thing good on any
Japanese car are the engines and suspensions. The cars
regardless what they are(toyota, nissan, etc.) are crap
cars. Cars built in Japan for the japanese are cheap.
Because the U.S. has strict specs they have no choice but
to build quality cars for us.

mike

P.S. by the way I lived in Japan for 15 years and still
have relatives there to get me parts.

Originally posted by carnal_c30
Old 07-07-2001, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

cool.. i thought i was right but i was wondering... cuz yea, the japanese like to change the looks of their cars too! like the altima/bluebird of later years looks nothing like the altima here... they change the cars every single year... i can tell the dif between a 95,96,97,98,99 Cefiro... every year its a new grille or tails
and yea i lived in Taiwan for like 12 years =) and i got hook ups there... asa matter of fact i'll be goin back on the 20th for some business... if anyone wants anything let me know
Old 07-08-2001, 01:51 AM

what kinda stuff can you get? foreign nissan emblems?
Old 07-08-2001, 01:45 PM
Former Sponsor

All Nissan emblems i've seen are in English... but yea i can get em... i can get body parts, watever... I would love to figure out how to get the '98 Cefiro Tailights on the max... does Syfiro have them? cuz they look sweet.
If you own Toyotas, my friend owns a buncha dealerships in Taiwan and the Philipines haha...
pretty much anything you want, i'll do what i can
Old 07-08-2001, 03:07 PM
Administrator

bluebird = stanza/altima
Old 07-08-2001, 03:26 PM

There isn't much available for the 3rd gens. In Japan the 3rd gen was called the Maxima. Not the Cefiro, not the Bluebird, not whatever. Pretty much the only thing available are H4 headlights. I can get these new from Japan if you would like. They cost ~$550 and are built when order so it takes a few weeks. Pricing may be different depending on exchange rate. If you find anything else you want, email me and I'l get a price.
Old 07-08-2001, 10:52 PM

if you want CEFIRO logo.. email me.. I got them

Originally posted by laserjet

SY~

nismo@hacksrus.com