General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Be proud to drive a Maxima!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 08:32 PM

Be proud to drive a Maxima!

Every time i get behind the steering wheel of my 97 i feel good, its like an instant shot of adrenaline hits me and i feel great. No matter the problems that i have in my life. Look at some of the cars people drive these days, half of them are really old and crappy. Just be proud to have a max and enjoy it. I know our cars are not the best, but my VQ just purrs under my foot. I've always loved the max and always will. its just so damn smooth. When some people talk about cars they say; "Well its just about getting from point A to point B", well i always answer to that saying; "yeah but compare riding a horse and having your crotch up ur A$$ or riding on air".
Old 03-10-2007, 09:49 PM

again IBL..... dude u need to stop posting...
Old 03-10-2007, 10:03 PM

hey, you're from Hanover Park! I'm like 5 minutes away from you!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by andrei3333
Every time i get behind the steering wheel of my 97 i feel good, its like an instant shot of adrenaline hits me and i feel great. No matter the problems that i have in my life. Look at some of the cars people drive these days, half of them are really old and crappy. Just be proud to have a max and enjoy it. I know our cars are not the best, but my VQ just purrs under my foot. I've always loved the max and always will. its just so damn smooth. When some people talk about cars they say; "Well its just about getting from point A to point B", well i always answer to that saying; "yeah but compare riding a horse and having your crotch up ur A$$ or riding on air".
Nice to know you enjoy your maxima............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .........but why make a new thread? im sure this has been discussed numerous times here on the forums.
anyways....ibtl
Old 03-11-2007, 04:53 AM

Every time i get behind the steering wheel of my 97 i feel good, its like an instant shot of adrenaline hits me and i feel great.
If driving, what looks to be like a stock Maxima, gives you an adrenaline shot, then you need to get out and experience life.

Look at some of the cars people drive these days, half of them are really old and crappy.
NEWSFLASH: Your car is 10 years old.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Get a life

IBTL
Old 03-11-2007, 06:49 AM

you guys complain too much. i feel you andrei. yeah i've fot a few more dollars in mine, but he has a point. and at least he's making somewhat of a post compared to:

Originally Posted by matty
Get a life IBTL
Originally Posted by f550maraschino
again IBL..... dude u need to stop posting...
Old 03-11-2007, 07:47 AM

Just being here on the site proves enough that we like our cars and like driving them. If we didnt, we wouldnt be here. Theres NO reason to post stuff like this

Just me .02 cents.

-matt
Old 03-11-2007, 09:33 AM
platinum03SE

i get a BIG adrenalin rush when i get into the seat of my dsm....hehehe

Old 03-11-2007, 10:31 AM

cmon guys i was drunk, rather then driving my max last night (and crashing it) i came here to talk about it. and besides u know what i mean by a shot of adrenalin, i was just making an example. and yeah it is 10 years old but look how it looks, better than some 2006 cars.

BTW if u dont like my thread then get the hell out, u dont have to read something u dont like, last time i checked there was plenty of thread space available on the unlimited internet
Old 03-12-2007, 05:23 AM

i agree. if theres a thread you feel is useless, maybe you should bring it up to a mod instead of flaming. but of course, i don't donate, so my opinion means nothing. flame on, flamers!
Old 03-12-2007, 11:35 AM
No More Maxipad

yes i'm proud to drive a maxima...but i don't feel any adrenaline driving it =/ just feels like a good powerful family sedan to me. i'll probably get that shot of adrenaline with a g35 or something with their entoxicating exhaust note but other than that this car just feels like any other car to me =/
Old 03-12-2007, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by lowincash
yes i'm proud to drive a maxima...but i don't feel any adrenaline driving it =/ just feels like a good powerful family sedan to me. i'll probably get that shot of adrenaline with a g35 or something with their entoxicating exhaust note but other than that this car just feels like any other car to me =/
G35 is just a better-handling RWD family sedan. If you want adrenaline then go drive something with serious *****--400+hp. My car does it for me. It's pretty quick for what it is, handles pretty well for what it is, and is pretty refined as well.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by matty
Just being here on the site proves enough that we like our cars and like driving them. If we didnt, we wouldnt be here. Theres NO reason to post stuff like this

Just me .02 cents.

-matt
While I would agree 99% of the time, most people who come here are complaining about a problem they have. Some people stop by these forums before buying a Maxima and read all about the problems that everyone has, and think that Maximas are unreliable peices of junk. The occaisonal "I love my maxima" comment is always welcomed to me. While I don't think we need a new THREAD about it, considering there a billion old ones, a revival every here and there wouldn't hurt to remind people that even if they have had some problems, there are still things to appreciate.

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
G35 is just a better-handling RWD family sedan. If you want adrenaline then go drive something with serious *****--400+hp.
First off... you're right. But I still have to say these comments really bother me. The fact that it is a family sedan is exactly what makes it special. The typical "Go get something that has 400 hp" comment means nothing to me. You know what? I think these people spend $50,000 (at least) to own these 400+ hp "race" cars are fools. If you want an adrenaline shot, spend 10k on your 4th gen family sedan, and another 11k on a Hayabusa. Spend another thousand on a class to drive it, and BAM. There ya have it folks, 22k spent, (at LEAST 28k less than these idiots) and you have a good luxury family sedan that that will never leave you stuck behind someone (or on the side of the road), and if you feel the need for speed, you can run out on a warm summer day and watch the vipers, corvettes, and supras guzzle gallons of gas just TRYING to keep up with your gas-sipping machine on the highway. Talk about adrenaline.

Of course if you hit a bump in the road you could be dead... but you wanted adrenaline

Just my thoughts.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:22 PM
El Mas Noob Del Org.

WOW! I can just Imagine if you drove a New Car
Old 03-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rydicule
While I would agree 99% of the time, most people who come here are complaining about a problem they have. Some people stop by these forums before buying a Maxima and read all about the problems that everyone has, and think that Maximas are unreliable peices of junk. The occaisonal "I love my maxima" comment is always welcomed to me. While I don't think we need a new THREAD about it, considering there a billion old ones, a revival every here and there wouldn't hurt to remind people that even if they have had some problems, there are still things to appreciate.
I think the max is a great car and love mine as well. I think it's kind of nice to see that others appreciate it too.

Originally Posted by Rydicule
First off... you're right. But I still have to say these comments really bother me. The fact that it is a family sedan is exactly what makes it special. The typical "Go get something that has 400 hp" comment means nothing to me. You know what? I think these people spend $50,000 (at least) to own these 400+ hp "race" cars are fools. If you want an adrenaline shot, spend 10k on your 4th gen family sedan, and another 11k on a Hayabusa. Spend another thousand on a class to drive it, and BAM. There ya have it folks, 22k spent, (at LEAST 28k less than these idiots) and you have a good luxury family sedan that that will never leave you stuck behind someone (or on the side of the road), and if you feel the need for speed, you can run out on a warm summer day and watch the vipers, corvettes, and supras guzzle gallons of gas just TRYING to keep up with your gas-sipping machine on the highway. Talk about adrenaline.
You talking about the car or the bike? My 4th gen gets about 18mpg. Just getting in it doesn't really start adrenaline running, that'd be more like a modded C5 or something. Which, btw, you can get for about 20k.

There are many more things to appreciate about a $50k 400hp car than a Busa. But it sure won't keep up.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:34 PM
No More Maxipad

my new adrenaline will be a 2007 mazda3 grand touring hatchback a fun car gives me the adrenaline i need...no need for any 400hp cars. with gas prices going back up to $3+/gallon having a 4banger isn't too bad haha
Old 03-12-2007, 12:40 PM

Its nice to hear some positive threads about the Maxima once in a while. It seems like most of the threads on hear are people *****ing about their car or just talk about mods because they're not happy with something.

No need to apologize...Screw the rest of them that don't like your thread.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

i like maximas too!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

cmon guys i was drunk, rather then driving my max last night (and crashing it) i came here to talk about it.
While I've always believed that PWI is never a good idea, it's much better than DWI and besides you can always delete the post.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:11 PM

I enjoy driving my max. Its fun taking out people who dont expect it even tho my car is not that fast, maybe mid-low 14's if i need more speed ill take out my vette
Old 03-13-2007, 05:30 PM

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon here. Definatly a good post to see every once in a while. There's plenty of room on this forum, who cares if it's been said. I don't know about everyone else but I'm kinda tired of all the whining...Why are you putting down your fellow Maxima people for enjoying their cars. If you don't get anything out of driving a Maxima why are you on this forum. It's the home for enthusiasts not gripers. As said above, if you see the title and know it's been said before don't read it. If it's such a big problem I'm sure the mod's know how to do their job.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:22 PM

you almost sound like someone from fast and the furious.....
Old 03-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Well, the execution sucks, but his point is a valid one.Most cars 11+ years old are sh!itting alternators and head gaskets, and a max ain't even minding the years.

That said, a stock max is NOT a performance car. If a stock Maxima inspires excitement, perhaps a ride in my dad's BMW X5 will open your eyes. If an SUV can outcorner, outrun, and outbrake your car, its not a performance vehicle.Period. I like my car,and I'm REALLY appreciative, seeing as how there is so much potential, but as another member made clear, the fact that you're reading this post on this website shows some appreciation for Maxima's.Which is why an entire thread about it is redundant.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:48 AM

Mine just tried (yet again) to kick my ***. Everytime I work on it, it challenges my mechanicability, yet I always win.

This time, it was a simple alt. belt readjustment, and lo-and-behold, the last bolt I tighten, the adjustment bolt, snaps. SOAB!!! Left enough, though, that I could grab the backside and turn it out. New bolt, and voila. Just seems unappreciative, though, since I rescued it from a long and undignified rust and rot. It had been sitting for five yrs when I rescued it, which does explain the fight, but damn!!

I still love it. It is a well mannered, well balanced machine.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:52 AM

First off, I have a 2000 Maxima, and I still feel a pang of regret when I think about the 97 Maxima I used to have. As great a car as the 00 is, the 97 just had that something special that I miss, not to mention one of the best FD sedan platforms ever (contrary to the hype, current gen Max and Alt are NOT 4-door sportcars, at least not the ones I drove) I was stupid to get rid of it.

As for useless threads, if you dont have threads like this, then the forum is just place for people to complain (like every other auto related forum.)

And as far as a Busa, I can tell you as a sportbike rider (up until a month ago when I sold my Ninja) it is VERY hard to ride a bike fast in anything that isnt a straight line. I don't care what anyone tells you. If they say it is easy, they are lying, or they are a weekend track warrior. And the 30 mpg modded Busa's are lucky to get is hardly gas sipping. Those of us with family sedans (and families) have to think about safety as well.

That is why I bought my new toy. 400hp is very addictive, but I still love my Maxima as much as anyone!

Old 03-19-2007, 02:42 PM

Personally, I didn't think this thread was useless. I'm sort of new to this org website (a few months) and this was actually the 1st post I read about someone appreciating their maxima. Sure there's probably many other posts like this one, but where are they? It's obviously not on the 1st page when I click on 'Maxima Discussion,' and being a lazy newbie like me, I probably won't be digging up old threads or click on 'next thread' endlessly to read them. It's nice knowing someone within the past few days still appreciating their 10 year old maximas, then knowing that someone who just brought a maxima 10 years ago liking it so badly.
Agreeing with Andrei, I do feel the same urge when I start sitting down on my maxima. It's just the feeling that my car has power that some other cars don't have. Even though my engine's stock, and I'm just cruising at speed limit, and seeing a civic speeding it's way pass me, and without even racing with that car, it's this great feeling that I get knowing I can beat that car if I wanted to, but I don't need to show it, because I know that they know that I HAVE A MAXIMA. It's a great feeling knowing I didn't spend over $50k on my car and still have this great feeling.
Not everyone who goes on this forum enjoys their maxima. Who knows? They might have just stumbled on this forum while searching on google on how to fix such and such on their maxima and found this thread on the FRONT PAGE of maxima discussions and be amazed and decided to join the site =D.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by JimmyH
That is why I bought my new toy.
Oh how dare you. One of those did a nice smokey right hander off of my street the other day.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Maximus_95
you almost sound like someone from fast and the furious.....
Yeah just make sure your manifold pressure doesn't get too high or the floor pan will fall off.

I kinda have to laugh at people who complain about having ten year old cars or think it's a problem. I used to be into the old chevys. My last car was about thirty-three years old when I sold it. This car is like having major luxury to me, I'm enjoying it for sure.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:19 AM

Actually, I will tell you what makes the Maxima so great; back when I bought my 97, I didnt see that many of them on the road. When the 5th gen arrived, I saw alot more, 6th gen brought mass amounts of them. So as people trade-up, the 4th gen is becoming more rare on the roads, and the 5th gen will soon too.

My point, it is nice to have a potent sedan that isn't an everywhere automotive staple like the Camry and Accord. Even if your car is 10 years old.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:11 PM

I love my 10 year old Maxima so much, I fingered her tail pipe the other day. True story.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tuna
I love my 10 year old Maxima so much, I fingered her tail pipe the other day. True story.
I saw a video years ago of a woman "enjoying" her car's shifter. Women like their cars too.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:32 PM

eww, the tailpipe ? i dont think so, i have my gf for that, but thanx for the reply's guys. i thought id get flames all the way but it turned out alright.

and treust me the maxima does have a lot of luxury in it, i used to drive a boat by the name of 91 buick regal, and THAT was a monster. switching to my max was like a dream come true, at least the windows opened!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

What does IBL mean??
Old 03-21-2007, 08:49 AM

eww, the tailpipe ? i dont think so, i have my gf for that, but thanx for the reply's guys. i thought id get flames all the way but it turned out alright.

and treust me the maxima does have a lot of luxury in it, i used to drive a boat by the name of 91 buick regal, and THAT was a monster. switching to my max was like a dream come true, at least the windows opened!!!
I bet that Buick was comfortable though! Buick's seem to always ride smooth as glass. I guess thats why so many old people dig 'em.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

After having been on the board for a while I still do not have enough posts to create my own and thought I would piggyback this one as it suits what I am going to say best.

Having been handed news, which I thought was phony, by my mother when she was at the stealership -- having her 07 sl serviced -- I am told that the 2008 maxima will be a re-design. Being very leary of what I was also told, such as the 08 having rwd and a v-8, I had to go find out on my own. Now I know that the 08 can and will not have a v-8 as it would infringe on infiniti's territory (M45), but perhaps rwd? I also think this is a slim possibility as it would infringe infiniti's territory again, but AWD could be a possibility, right? After asking another Nissan dealer today I am told that Nissan has hinted a complete re-design for 2008. Has anyone seem anything out there yet for it? I'm all ears.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by MrTrace
I am told that Nissan has hinted a complete re-design for 2008. Has anyone seem anything out there yet for it? I'm all ears.
I'm sure it is likely. A redesign, or at least a MAJOR freshening is in order. 2007 is the 4th model year, that is what Nissan has been averaging lately for a generation.
It would not seem ridiculous to make use of the FM platform on a Nissan product. The Maxima is too close to the Altima as it is. With so many competitors going rear drive lately... who knows?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:50 AM

honestly, i think this would be sweet:

car:
2009 Maxima SE-R

VQ45HRTT
4.5L Twin-turbo V-8
410 HP
390 WHP

6-Speed MT

AWD

2-Door coupe

sorry, i'm awake now and out of lala land. just a thought.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by BD44
What does IBL mean??
Usually IBTL (In Before The Lock)
Old 03-25-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by jltibbs
honestly, i think this would be sweet:

car:
2009 Maxima SE-R

VQ45HRTT
4.5L Twin-turbo V-8
410 HP
390 WHP

6-Speed MT

AWD

2-Door coupe

sorry, i'm awake now and out of lala land. just a thought.
I think that already exists. It's called the Skyline (less 2 cylinders) or GT-R and it is supposed to be coming here in a couple years. Under the Nissan badge, unless they decide (again) to change it to Infiniti.

Quick Reply: Be proud to drive a Maxima!