General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What bothers you on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
heresmymind

What bothers you on the road?

What bothers you guys when driving?

for me:

1) people that dont use blinkers... i use mine even at 2am with me being only one on road leaving my driveway....

2) gas.... i have a 19.5 gallon tank... and i get this...
(p.s. its regular)

3) seeing hondas with body kits on that are unpainted... and all diff colors....

Old 04-09-2007, 10:46 AM
No More Maxipad

wow i wish we were getting gas for under $3/gallon =/ i filled up the other day and gas was $3.499/gallon for premium and just 3 blocks down the shell was $3.599/gallon lol insane!

oh i hate when i'm going about 75mph on the fast lane and there's no car in front of me...but the dude on my right lane will merges into my lane and don't speed up and goes slower =/

also bugs the hell out of me is when at a stop light the car in front don't signal to turn left until the light turns green
Old 04-09-2007, 11:00 AM

1. People who are turning left but don't go into the intersection. After left turn signal they might just sit at the light until it goes to red and back to left green.

2. People that roll past the stop sign and block part of the road. You turn left and their front end is almost in your turning lane.

3. People who take too long backing out of a parking space. They will sit there with reverse lights on and won't move. They might also look the wrong direction backing up or through their rear view mirror instead of over their shoulder.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:09 PM

Police doing radar checks!!!!

I think my tax money can be better spent than sitting on the side of the road trying to raise money by harrassing citizens for doing 5-10 miles over an antiquated speed limit. Go solve a crime.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:37 PM

Cell phone drivers. (especially college girls driving in the parking lot on cell phones)
Old 04-09-2007, 03:40 PM

people who won't take rights on red when it is legal to do so. fuxing hate that.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:45 PM

People in general.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

People that slam on the brakes when they see a cop and/or will not pass one.

People that come speeding up behind you (or someone else) and slow down to your speed once they get on the side of you

98% of all drivers
Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Don't you know who I am?

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
98% of all drivers
Took the words right from me. Generally, anyone in my way bothers me. I never get in anyone else's way but they always get in mine.

People who are doing 60 in the right lane, getting passed by countless people in the left doing 70, tick me off when they cut into the left lane to pass the dude going 58 in the right lane, but don't speed up once in the left lane, and take a full 2 minutes to pass the guy. This is riot-inducing...
Old 04-09-2007, 07:04 PM

People who don't stay in their lanes X 5. (Something I've only experienced on the East Coast, most notably in Philly).

a. People next to you who want to get into your lane, but instead of signaling or getting your attention first, they just slowly drift over.
b. Big SUVs shooting down the middle of the road because they can't judge how much clearance they have on either side of them.
c. People who are too impatient to slow down when the car in front of them makes a right turn, so they drive into on-coming traffic without looking or slowing down.
d. People who make really wide right turns or really sharp left turns and nearly clip your car.
e. People who do any of the above, but suddenly realize they are idiots and stop in the middle of the road and can't decide what to do next. They think that by sitting really really still for a really really long time, they become invisible and the problem goes away.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:16 PM
大陆弟弟

1. People sitting in the fast lane doing speed limit
2. Moms and dads with kids onboard in their SUV or van in the fast lane above the limit
Old 04-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by jonmandude
Police doing radar checks!!!!

I think my tax money can be better spent than sitting on the side of the road trying to raise money by harrassing citizens for doing 5-10 miles over an antiquated speed limit. Go solve a crime.
^^^ Idiots like this guy complaining about cops.

I'm sorry but if you can do better, please be my guest and try to do their job. If your not dodging in and out of traffic then they might not care. Cause I know I've gone past cops doing 5-10mph and they don't care.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:52 PM

america=full of drivers
Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Gotcha!

Originally Posted by Nismo
Cell phone drivers. (especially college girls driving in the parking lot on cell phones)
Every time I see someone yapping on their cell phone they are doing at least 5mph UNDER the speed limit and weaving back and forth in their lane. Now even I realize that when I occasionally pick up a cell phone call in my car I tend to have a late reaction to EVERYTHING that happens, especially braking late...

Originally Posted by jman7777
people who won't take rights on red when it is legal to do so. fuxing hate that.
Every time someone does this I lay on my horn until they move and if they don't.... well by the time they do finally turn, they sure as hell will be annoyed.

Originally Posted by Rydicule
Took the words right from me. Generally, anyone in my way bothers me. I never get in anyone else's way but they always get in mine.

People who are doing 60 in the right lane, getting passed by countless people in the left doing 70, tick me off when they cut into the left lane to pass the dude going 58 in the right lane, but don't speed up once in the left lane, and take a full 2 minutes to pass the guy. This is riot-inducing...
I about flipped out when I read this because these people **** me off more than anything on the freeway. If you are going to move into the "Passing Lane" then pass the ****, don't sit there and parallel the guy next to you , not to mention this is dangerous if you have to swerve to miss something...

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
People that slam on the brakes when they see a cop and/or will not pass one.

People that come speeding up behind you (or someone else) and slow down to your speed once they get on the side of you

98% of all drivers
I hate people who do not pass cops or hit the brakes when they see a cop going the OPPOSITE DIRECTION! If the cop is doing the speed limit... say, 35 and you want to do 38... then do 38! A cop will not pull you over for going faster than the speed limit in most cases, it is idiotic driving and weaving/stupid stuff that will get you pulled over!

And 98% of all drivers need to go back to drivers ed!

I hate it when people act like idiots and fly past you just to be stopped by a car ahead, and then when you speed up to get next to them when you are about to pass them, they cut right in front of you and miss your front end by about 6 inches. I can not tell you how many times I want to speed up, tap their back end and send their dumb asses into the side of the road... PIT Maneuver FTMFW!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:38 AM

what bothers me more than anything else? people who drive around with their high beams on. Now I just machine gun 'em with my bixenons and feel better though. i almost want to get my driving lights up and running again just so I can blast these guys some more.

but yeah, the usual. if you're going 35 in a 45 on a one-lane road, i don't expect you to stop outright but if there's a pulloff and you have a car behind you, you're NOT in a hurry. let them BY. i've done some maneuvers i'm less than proud of because of these people.

people who get mad when you high beam them for getting in front of you and slowing down... etc

i think the $4xx for a deafening air horn would actually be money well-spent in my case. if you get on your horn then people get pissed. but if you deafen them they freak out and move.

i wonder who actually reads what everyone else is posting.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:39 AM
I R The Law

I have read what everyone else has posted, even yours as you can see.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

1. Not signaling a lane change and turns.
2. Illegal lane changes (changing on solid lines).
2: Headlights off when raining, low visibility, and at dusk.
4. Divers at nigh just using daytime running lights (no taillights on).
5. Drivers holding a cell phone (had a 3 month old Altima totaled by one).
6. Cars in middle or left lanes moving slower than cars on the right.
7. Trucks and buses in the left lane when they're prohibited.
8. Rubberneckers
Old 04-10-2007, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Law
I have read what everyone else has posted, even yours as you can see.
Yeah after writing that I went through and read everyone's as well, but for the most part people only really start these threads to vent, and what people post doesn't really matter to most. It's like the "what kind of tires you have on your car?" or the "how good of a driver do you think YOU are?" threads.

$.02.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:56 AM
Don't you know who I am?

Have any of you ever visited www.platewire.com?

This is a website where you can actually post the plate #s of drivers who tick you off. Beware, however, the site is heavily inhabbited by SUV-driving, oblivious, self-righteous, downright assanine idiots who: support going the speed limit in the passing lane to help "control the widespread speeding problem", complain about HID lights being "dangerous", think radar detectors should be illegal and so should "right on red", and think you should never pull over to the left when taking a left turn because it's too dangerous to allow people to pass on the right, whether there is a light or not.

Also, any attempt to dispute these ideas using cheap, tedious tactics such as logic, reason, or law, will result in a permanent

At least, that was my experience for the three days it took me to get banned, for disputing the afore mentioned topics.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rydicule
Have any of you ever visited www.platewire.com?

This is a website where you can actually post the plate #s of drivers who tick you off. Beware, however, the site is heavily inhabbited by SUV-driving, oblivious, self-righteous, downright assanine idiots who: support going the speed limit in the passing lane to help "control the widespread speeding problem", complain about HID lights being "dangerous", think radar detectors should be illegal and so should "right on red", and think you should never pull over to the left when taking a left turn because it's too dangerous to allow people to pass on the right, whether there is a light or not.

Also, any attempt to dispute these ideas using cheap, tedious tactics such as logic, reason, or law, will result in a permanent

At least, that was my experience for the three days it took me to get banned, for disputing the afore mentioned topics.
Wow, so people write down license plates WHILE they're driving in order to communicate with people on a website that no one else checks, and then bitch and moan about how everyone else is a hazardous driver?

edit: aw, no one posted my plate. I'm disappointed. Maybe I should signal less.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:59 AM

this was an entertaining 10 mintues! thanks!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:51 AM

I hate people who don't stay in their lanes. I live in CT where a bunch of the roads I take are back roads, with many turns, that can make for a very fun drive. However, people feel the need to cut corners blindly, and really put a lot of people at risk. And yet, they're the ones who get mad because of people speeding.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:59 AM

Ok my kinda thread were i can vent.
I live in Mass so we have all the jacka$$ here.
Some will be repost but i got extras

1. Ppl when turning dont move to the side so you can go by.
2. Ppl that wait 2 -3 sec after the light turns green to start moving. (air horn where are you)
3. 3 lane hiway. 3 cars side by side and no one moves so no one can pass.
4. When your traveling behind someone with 1 -2 car spaces between you and some jacka$$ cuts in between
5. If a cop has someone pulled over and the guy in front jacks the brakes. He isnt gonna forget about the guy he has pulled over and come after you.
6. Rice hondas w 10 inch diam fart cans that think 150 hp is gonna beat you
7. Ppl that ride your a$$ in bad weather such as snow or pouring rain. If i hit may brakes hes eating my bumper.
8. Agree with the Law. Try doing what a cop does.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:18 AM

1...When People with damn hondas try to race me... (especially them ""made from other parts, i.e. muticolor" hondas....dude, please stop embarrishing yourself)
2... When people in the fast lane decide not to go FAST until YOU get in front of them.. (Dont try to keep up with me NOW...)
3... F*@Kin 495 Beltway Traffic between Largo and Rockville in the AM...
4... Metrobus Drivers downtown... i swear if i end up havin to smash in my breaks again cause one of you damn drivers want to bully your way over without using a signal....
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 AM

1. Maxima Owners.
2. Old Drivers
Old 04-10-2007, 08:45 AM
heresmymind

I'm in CT too. and i know that all to well.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Play with my balls

Everyone that sits behind a steering wheel but doesn't know how to use it. That and the same idiots that have their ear glued to a phone while learning how to use a steering wheel and pedals.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by DomoMaxima98
1...When People with damn hondas try to race me... (especially them ""made from other parts, i.e. muticolor" hondas....dude, please stop embarrishing yourself)
2... When people in the fast lane decide not to go FAST until YOU get in front of them.. (Dont try to keep up with me NOW...)
3... F*@Kin 495 Beltway Traffic between Largo and Rockville in the AM...
4... Metrobus Drivers downtown... i swear if i end up havin to smash in my breaks again cause one of you damn drivers want to bully your way over without using a signal....

Oh man Domo, thats oine forgot. # 4. Here in mass since they are 10x as big they think they can pull right out. I just keep on going and cut them off (if i can hahah) That one boild my blood. Wait to move when there is no traffic
just like us sorry saps

oh also
Yea i just heard a sweet sound outside, so i look outside.. and it turns out to be an 04 sti. Hears the funny part. The front bumper is that green color when shipped the rear bumper is primer black and the body is white with, hahahahah yellow racing seats.
Sounded so nice and then it looks like What a waste.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:38 PM
kthxbye2u

when people dont know how to drive there trucks (F-150's and bigger) pisses me off sometimes and makes me laugh other times, watching them go back and forth in a damn parking spot

i drive my maxima AND F-350's(work) with no problem tisk tisk
Old 04-10-2007, 02:16 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

Originally Posted by Zargon
People in general.
. For every competent person out there, there are 10 idiots who's negligence will kill you if you aren't paying attention.

This happens all the time to me:

When at an intersection with an advanced left-turn - the fools who, even after their left-turn signal has disappeared, will try to snipe past all the other cars waiting to go forward. I've taken to accelerating quickly so it looks like I'm going to t-bone them and laying on the horn...

What's even more dangerous are the people who run red lights, turning left. The other direction of traffic has the green and unless you check both ways before you accelerate, you could easily get in an accident.

Some people are willing to sacrifice a lot just to save 30 seconds
Old 04-10-2007, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Law
^^^ Idiots like this guy complaining about cops.

I'm sorry but if you can do better, please be my guest and try to do their job. If your not dodging in and out of traffic then they might not care. Cause I know I've gone past cops doing 5-10mph and they don't care.
Idiot? At least I respect them enough to call them police and officers and not cops. I have a clean driving record, do you?

Look, I have nothing against police doing the job of protecting us from CRIME. For the most part I think police do an excellent job. Face it, speeding tickets are nothing more than revenue (read as tax). I am for police ticketing for unsafe driving, reckless driving, swerving from lane to lane, racing, and a host of other dangerous acts morons do while driving (cell phones). Doing 5-10 miles an hour over the speed limit (which was set in the 60's when cars weren't as safe as today) is not a crime. And while a police officer sits on the side of the road watching for someone that draws his attention, somebody is dealing drugs or committing another real crime. It is not the police officers fault, they are doing ther jobs as they are told to do them, it is the fault of legislature who tells them to go out and gather some revenue.

And for the record, I will be for ticketing speeding when they also start to ticket obstruction of traffic, and driving slow in the passing lane...or have you forgotten that "slower traffic keep right" is also the law? Apparently the law has.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by jonmandude
Idiot? At least I respect them enough to call them police and officers and not cops. I have a clean driving record, do you?
LOL! Your questioning my respect for cops aka police officers just because I called them cops. I actually want a be a cop or how you put it police officer, so you can shove that respect up your own ****.

Also being called a cop is still more respectable than other derogatory terms. I guess the TV show "Cops" must not respect them either.

And yes I do have a clean driving record.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 PM

As has been already said multiple times, 99% of ALL drivers. I seriously don't know how any of the people out there got their licenses. Oh, and try driving in New York City during rush hour.......
Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by MacAlert
As has been already said multiple times, 99% of ALL drivers. I seriously don't know how any of the people out there got their licenses. Oh, and try driving in New York City during rush hour.......
If you think rush hour in NYC is bad trying going to china and driving there anytime of the day. You will be suprised how easy it is for NYC drivers has it compared to China driving.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 PM

Don't know about China, but Indias traffic is also bad. But I was referring to drivers.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I R The Law

Originally Posted by MacAlert
Don't know about China, but Indias traffic is also bad. But I was referring to drivers.
Oh ok. I don't really know how NYC drivers are since I havn't sat in a NYC driver's car.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:09 PM
BARF

1) Ford taurus's!!! Who test drove one of those and said I will take it?

2)Old people, they should have to take a test every year after 60.

3) People who dont pull up in line and they leave a huge gap ERRRRR.

Other then that its cool.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:40 PM

1) people who jaywalk in front of you and pretend you're invisible.
2) people that drive slow who are oblivious to the fact that they are.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Gotcha!

* People who pull out of side streets into a right lane when you are running down the left lane of the two and they end up half way in your lane so you end up slamming on your brakes to miss hitting them. This is not only idiotic and illegal (not safe to merge into traffic), if you want/need to move over into the right lane and end up doing this when they pull out, you= T-bone 'em or they leave a nice long @ss strip of damage on the side of your vehicle.
* People who are oblivious to the fact that when you pull out of a side street... YOU HAVE TO LOOK BOTH WAYS!
* People who do not move over to let someone go by that is speeding up on your @ss... Just let them by! Freeway or 2-lane road... It doesn't matter.
* Semi drivers who speed up to stop you from merging in front of them when getting off of the on-ramp so you have to floor it to miss em!!! F*ck em!
* Old grannies who turn left from the left side of the road into your lane of travel and miss the side of your car by millimeters as you swerve to the right and continue to go straight.

Ohh Ohh Ohh.... People who are too busy F*cking around in their car to realize the left turn lane light is green and then the cars in front of them go and the sensor in the ground trips and the light changes just in time for them to go through and you are stuck at the light for another round!!!

* And after reading some of these posts, next time someone sits in the left lane on a highway and will not move over, I am going to move around them on the right, get in front of them and slow my @ss wayyy down until i feel like taking off and leaving them in the dust (or until they attempt to move into the right lane to pass me).
Old 04-10-2007, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by mynameispee
1) people who jaywalk in front of you and pretend you're invisible.
Good lord these guys **** me off. If I'm moving I usually just rev-match to first or second and slow down with no throttle at 5000RPM. I've had a few thick-headed morons stop as they hear the engine and then start walking towards the car puffing out their chest. It's quite funny.

Quick Reply: What bothers you on the road?