General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

what's the natural progression for a MAX owner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 07:36 PM

Hey folks, what do you think?

My opinion? The typical Max owner is a driving enthusiast, a bit disappointed with the driven.bomb philosophy, upwardly bound in the salary dept., probably headed for a European vehicle. Though intrigued by motors with vvti and less torque than hp (curious when the diff. > 50), clearly headed for vehicles with a euro pedigree. That darn hp is so expensive from Germany and so cheap from Japan. Do you get what you pay for or no???
Old 07-11-2001, 08:12 PM
Ford Only.

It is all about the name! You say Lexus,BMW,Benz you think $$$ But you do get a very well built car when it comes to them.But hey I would rather get a Jap ride for half the price.Those damn things cant be that good.
Old 07-11-2001, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by pmar
Hey folks, what do you think?

My opinion? The typical Max owner is a driving enthusiast, a bit disappointed with the driven.bomb philosophy, upwardly bound in the salary dept., probably headed for a European vehicle. Though intrigued by motors with vvti and less torque than hp (curious when the diff. > 50), clearly headed for vehicles with a euro pedigree. That darn hp is so expensive from Germany and so cheap from Japan. Do you get what you pay for or no???
We bought a MAXIMA based on many things. I would think the biggest of those would be utility. We can cary a few selected friends, haul the groceries, throw stuff in the back seat, have a useable trunk, better than the average HP and TQ, Faster than a 4cyl(most), but not a gas guzzler like a V-8, Reasonably priced. I;'d call it the middle class Japanese Sedan Deville'. Did I mention longjevity of product, and build quality. Ever drive a 10 year old HONDA? It still runs like a top, but rattles like a sack O' marbles.
My chioce of maxiam was all of the above. But i have to disagree on one thing. I have more TQ than HP LOL!
I'm trying to remidy that a bit, or at least match the TQ/HP figures a bit.

Carry ON.