General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Taught a 2001 Honda Accord Sedan a valuable lesson

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Sunday Night.. i agreed to help my gf play taxi and pick up her cousin's and their friends from the ALL AGES DANCE CLUB .. Club 2001 on Berlin Turnpike..

Just as we picked them up and heading home... i see a Silver 2001 Accord picking on a little red 95 - 98 Sentra SE .. he kept kicking his a$$ and slowing down and doing it again.. so i speed up and pass the sentra.. lined side by side with the accord i look over and yell .. "Pick on somebody your own size"... i see he has 1 other person in his car Total = 2 and i have 4 others Total = 5

Race 1

As i was yelling out the window.. Mr. Accord took off at about 40 mph.. took me up to 70 mph to be side by side.. by 90 i had 3 cars on him.. of course i have a bunch of 16 and 17 year old boys in the car so they are just hysterical... showing my a-hole nature, i stick my hand out the window and gesture for the accord to come on.. come on.. lets go..

Race 2

He flys by me again as i am holding third gear.. same result as the first race... did my gesture again... now i am getting ready to merge on to route 15 that turns into I-91 .. and this is a nice little 3 mile stretch.. and i am hoping and saying .. come on.. go 91.. lets go.. lets go...

Race 3 - The Big One

I get on route 15 and he is on my tail.. i am at WOT and the stupid guy he is.. doesn't draft me.. he tries to stay in the other lane..

90 mph - 1 car
100 mph - 3 cars
110 mph - 5 cars
130 mph - 8 cars

then i slow down .. and i see that he put his hazzards on.. and then i don't know if he pulled over .. or took the next exit.. but thats what he gets for messing with my little brother (sentra se) i figured he might have took the next exit because when i got home i asked my gf if she saw a Silver 2k1 Accord on the side of the road and she said no.. being that she was behind us for a while

PS. I didn't even get to use my NOS on him
Old 07-16-2001, 07:10 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Dude, when do you ever spray against people??
Old 07-16-2001, 07:17 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

[going to say it before other newbies due to eliminate flames]

When do you ever do the speed limit?

You aren't a very good role model for the children of America. [Democrat condesending tone]It's ALL about the children.[/Democrat condesending tone]

You're going to kill yourself.

You're endangering me.

You're violating my rights!

STOP IT!

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

[/going to say it before other newbies due to eliminate flames]
Old 07-16-2001, 07:58 AM
Administrator

when i find someone worthy of my $40 a bottle

Originally posted by mzmtg
Dude, when do you ever spray against people??
Old 07-16-2001, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by bill99gxe
[B][going to say it before other newbies due to eliminate flames][b]
Screw the newbies

When the car is parked or in traffic.. wait sec.. no when the car is parked

You aren't a very good role model for the children of America. [Democrat condesending tone]It's ALL about the children.[/Democrat condesending tone]
i am a great role model i didn't do 140 mph like them nascar guys do.. i kept it below 135

Not if the government kills me first.. damn rebels

You're endangering me.
I am sorry

Is that all i am violating?

STOP IT!
START IT!

BLAH
BLAH

BLAH
BLAH

BLAH
BLAH

scrw the newbies
Old 07-16-2001, 08:44 AM

I don't really see how you taught that Accord a lesson. Was it a V6? I mean, the Accord will still go around racing Sentras (and beating them). Only if the dude purposely picked a race with you and you beat him would you "teach him a lesson", which I think is rather pointless anyways. So what if you are faster? Used sensibly, fast acceleration is for merging into traffic safely, not for showing up other cars.

Drive safely.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sprint, you better watch it because that Accord might find his big brother(S2000)to hunt you down. Then, you WILL need your happy gas.
Old 07-16-2001, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by Eric L.
I don't really see how you taught that Accord a lesson. Was it a V6? I mean, the Accord will still go around racing Sentras (and beating them).
Drive safely.
That is until he finds one with an SR20DE...
Old 07-16-2001, 12:15 PM

haha

Originally posted by Cumalot
Sprint, you better watch it because that Accord might find his big brother(S2000)to hunt you down. Then, you WILL need your happy gas.
then we'll call grandpa skyline, and they'll get pappy NSX and we'll have a good ol' showdown
Old 07-16-2001, 12:24 PM
Administrator

nothing a little juice can't handle

keep in mind most S2000 owners are seeing mid 14's at the track.. nothing a properly driven NA 5spd Max can't handle...

and my juice will just blow an S2000 out the water ...

Originally posted by Cumalot
Old 07-16-2001, 12:59 PM

To get decent times out of a S200 you almost literally have to drive it like you don't own it, there is little engine strength down low. And you want to hear a funny kill story? This AM, I am in a 3 ambulance caravan going about 75 up Rt. 17 in NY. A person in a new TrailBlazer flies up and cuts off the ambulance in the lead. I get ****ed at this and decide to try to teach this guy a lesson. I accelerate and pass him, then get in front of him and slow him down. He jumps in the other lane and accelerates past me. I get the old girl up to about 95 and he is no longer pulling on me. I get the other two ambulances to accelerate up to that speed too and the three of us pass him. Must have been really embarrassing for him, because when we slowed down about 15 seconds later, he never tried to pass us. Oh, and screw the flames.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:08 PM
Administrator

racing the ambulance?
Originally posted by medicsonic
To get decent times out of a S200 you almost literally have to drive it like you don't own it, there is little engine strength down low. And you want to hear a funny kill story? This AM, I am in a 3 ambulance caravan going about 75 up Rt. 17 in NY. A person in a new TrailBlazer flies up and cuts off the ambulance in the lead. I get ****ed at this and decide to try to teach this guy a lesson. I accelerate and pass him, then get in front of him and slow him down. He jumps in the other lane and accelerates past me. I get the old girl up to about 95 and he is no longer pulling on me. I get the other two ambulances to accelerate up to that speed too and the three of us pass him. Must have been really embarrassing for him, because when we slowed down about 15 seconds later, he never tried to pass us. Oh, and screw the flames.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:09 PM

Where were you when I got rather embarrassed by a Supra. I should have just walked away or rather drove away. It wasnt pretty.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:12 PM
Administrator

this was sunday night.. about 1:00 am.. well i guess Monday Morning..

no I saw the supra racing the saleen saturday night.. well i saw like 3 supra's anyway.. i was hanging out for a few with Steve.. and then i left like midnight

Originally posted by CoOlKidS1979
Where were you when I got rather embarrassed by a Supra. I should have just walked away or rather drove away. It wasnt pretty.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:12 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Oh, and screw the flames.

Why would anyone flame that? It's just *another* race with an ambulance.....
Old 07-16-2001, 01:13 PM
Administrator

with a pregnant lady on board none the less

Why would anyone flame that? It's just *another* race with an ambulance.....
Old 07-16-2001, 01:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I would pay to see that guy's face.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:25 PM

His wife was laughing at him.
Old 07-16-2001, 01:42 PM

You guys

Medicsonic, SprintMax, man are you guys are alot of fun I'd like to hang with you both but with the extra-legal speeds we'd probably wind up at, I'd definitely lose my license!! I'm already banned in CT, got caught doing 120 on rt 95, they gave me a $320 fine, I paid it. Then, afer paying that fine, they decide to suspend my driving privileges in CT for a month and demand $150 MORE to restore it. That royally ****ed me off. I didn't pay that. Sorry, had to vent.

By the way, did you guys ever settle your score on 684, excuse the pun

DW
Old 07-16-2001, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Re: You guys

its suppose to be tommorow.. but med is hush hush

Originally posted by dwapenyi
Medicsonic, SprintMax, man are you guys are alot of fun I'd like to hang with you both but with the extra-legal speeds we'd probably wind up at, I'd definitely lose my license!! I'm already banned in CT, got caught doing 120 on rt 95, they gave me a $320 fine, I paid it. Then, afer paying that fine, they decide to suspend my driving privileges in CT for a month and demand $150 MORE to restore it. That royally ****ed me off. I didn't pay that. Sorry, had to vent.

By the way, did you guys ever settle your score on 684, excuse the pun

DW
Old 07-16-2001, 02:11 PM

You raced in your ambulance? From now on, I better be more aware of paramedic drivers like you. Let me make sure, you guys didn't have any patients in the ambulances at the time, right?
Old 07-16-2001, 02:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What's with these ambulance drivers? I had one REV on me the other day and want to run from a light. :laugh He even power braked it off the line.
Old 07-16-2001, 02:28 PM

[going to say it before other newbies due to eliminate flames]

You're endangering me.

STOP IT!

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

When you 2 enter a thread, everything comes to life. You guys are to funny.
Old 07-16-2001, 02:28 PM

Sprnt pick on someone your own size.. like Thomas.

Good kill... now bring on Dennis.
Old 07-16-2001, 02:37 PM

I always had faith in the ambulance. After all, an ambulance did win the Cannonball Run.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:25 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re:

Your an idiot. Go do the same and spare the rest of us.
Old 07-16-2001, 04:45 PM

Re: Re:

I hope when I am at the pike friday I see some of u guys
Old 07-16-2001, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re:

I will be up there to whoop your third gen a$$ and i will prove to jeff and bill that the 4th gen is superior
Originally posted by JDwyer2821
I hope when I am at the pike friday I see some of u guys
Old 07-16-2001, 06:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re:

Originally posted by SprintMax
I will be up there to whoop your third gen a$$ and i will prove to jeff and bill that the 4th gen is superior
Old 07-16-2001, 06:56 PM

those blazers tops out at 90 something, I've been on one and it couldn't even get up to 100 they're slow, but don't pick on the new ones they're probably as fast and automatic maximas!!
Old 07-16-2001, 07:24 PM

Yes, no patients. Yes, it WAS a new TrailBlazer and as for 684? I might not be able to make it. If I don't then I accept my loss. And the reason for brake torquing? The PowerStroke makes about 95% of peak torque at 1600 rpms, something that you can hit with the torque converter from a stop. FEAR TURBODIESEL!!!!
Old 07-16-2001, 07:25 PM
Administrator

8.1 L in the Suburban

Originally posted by costcowholesale
those blazers tops out at 90 something, I've been on one and it couldn't even get up to 100 they're slow, but don't pick on the new ones they're probably as fast and automatic maximas!!
Old 07-17-2001, 12:56 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally posted by Eric L.
I don't really see how you taught that Accord a lesson. Was it a V6?
We never got an answer to this.

If SprintMax had 4 people in his car vs. 2 in the Accord and still pulled that hard on the Accord and he was not spraying then it was probably a 4-cyl 5-spd model.

An Accord V6 is about as fast as a Maxima/auto and I doubt he would have pulled that much on a Max/auto...

Nice kills though!
Old 07-17-2001, 01:40 AM

isnt the s2000 capable of running 13's stock?
Old 07-17-2001, 01:59 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally posted by nodoubt711
isnt the s2000 capable of running 13's stock?
Yes, but you have to fry your clutch to do it by revving the engine to 6000+ rpm and then dragging out the clutch so that the engine doesn't bog below VTEC (6000rpm on the S2000). If you do that PERFECTLY and get the clutch just right so that you don't spin and don't end up bogging and the conditions are right then you can get a high-13.

If you don't want to do that or fry your clutch then you'll get mid-14's.
Old 07-17-2001, 02:14 AM

i see, thanks for that info

man, people keep talking trash about s2000 running 13's all day

sounds more like 1 try

once again, thanks
Old 07-17-2001, 04:54 AM

Originally posted by SteVTEC

If SprintMax had 4 people in his car vs. 2 in the Accord and still pulled that hard on the Accord and he was not spraying then it was probably a 4-cyl 5-spd model.

An Accord V6 is about as fast as a Maxima/auto and I doubt he would have pulled that much on a Max/auto...

Nice kills though!
I would say that he taught the Accord person to pick on someone in his own class. Now, with all the junk I a have seen Honda guys talk, dude deserved what he got even though Sprints car was out of its class. Sprint's ride is nimble and quick. I have seen it in action.
Old 07-17-2001, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Actually my buddy in Stamford has an Accord v6 Coupe.. he also has a Ducatti Motorcycle and a GMC Typhoon so i don't talk **** to him.. but anyway..

when i was running 15.5 with a CAI i use to walk him on the highway no problems..

Since then i added a y pipe and ran 14.7 ... ALSO i have a straight pipe, no CAT .. so i am looking 14.4/14.5 even if it was a v6 he was getting walked like no tommorow..

oh by the way.. my gf has a 5spd I-4 .. it actually has more go after 110 than the v6 does.. #1 its in VTEC .. #2 that 5th Gear vs that 4th Overdrive .. #3 I raced my gf on the way to the club and she was doing a better job and she had 4 people in her car .. maybe she is a better driver?

Nice kills though!
Old 07-17-2001, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Actually my buddy in Stamford has an Accord v6 Coupe.. he also has a Ducatti Motorcycle and a GMC Typhoon so i don't talk **** to him.. but anyway..

when i was running 15.5 with a CAI i use to walk him on the highway no problems..

Since then i added a y pipe and ran 14.7 ... ALSO i have a straight pipe, no CAT .. so i am looking 14.4/14.5 even if it was a v6 he was getting walked like no tommorow..

oh by the way.. my gf has a 5spd I-4 .. it actually has more go after 110 than the v6 does.. #1 its in VTEC .. #2 that 5th Gear vs that 4th Overdrive .. #3 I raced my gf on the way to the club and she was doing a better job and she had 4 people in her car .. maybe she is a better driver?

Nice kills though!
Old 07-17-2001, 06:19 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re:

Originally posted by SprintMax
Ya sprint, see your hooked now. I can't go this time though, have to work friday and saturday night. Hopefully next weekend, oh wait that's Maxus. Damn. so soon.

Quick Reply: Taught a 2001 Honda Accord Sedan a valuable lesson