General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Pick Up truck and SUV faster than sport sedan and sport cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 04:28 PM

All over the place, I hear those guys, people who wears broken dirty jeans, saying that Pick up trucks and SUV are faster than sport sedan and sport cars. One guy told me that sport sedan sucks because they can't go anywhere and he said that no where can a person hits 70mph. He said that he never hits 70mph in his life because he said he never had a road long enough! :rolleye: I mean, how stupid are people right now?

I also encountered another guy saying that trucks are fast. Well, I can't deny the fact that they are not, but what the hell is with that huge bed? No one ever uses it! Then the guy said that its for look.

So basically, they are the "in-your-face" people. They believe that their trucks and SUV (Dodge/Ford) can beat sport sedan (TL-S, S4). I once drove a guy who never ride in a car before. I was driving normal, then the guy said that I was driving like a maniac. He even criticized me for flooring the gas the whole trip! But I wasnt flooring it. He was just not used to riding in smooth powerful car. Also, when I was cruising 70mph in my dad's Legend 6 speed, the guy said that I was driving 40mph. I said "your an idiot, get off my car or look at the spedometer". People who drives SUV are idiots! Just like this guy, he said that I was driving 40mph because my car was so quiet and glued to the ground, so it feels like 40mph.

I would like to know what you think about this crap.
Old 07-17-2001, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by LoveSick
All over the place, I hear those guys, people who wears broken dirty jeans, saying that Pick up trucks and SUV are faster than sport sedan and sport cars. One guy told me that sport sedan sucks because they can't go anywhere and he said that no where can a person hits 70mph. He said that he never hits 70mph in his life because he said he never had a road long enough! :rolleye: I mean, how stupid are people right now?

I also encountered another guy saying that trucks are fast. Well, I can't deny the fact that they are not, but what the hell is with that huge bed? No one ever uses it! Then the guy said that its for look.

So basically, they are the "in-your-face" people. They believe that their trucks and SUV (Dodge/Ford) can beat sport sedan (TL-S, S4). I once drove a guy who never ride in a car before. I was driving normal, then the guy said that I was driving like a maniac. He even criticized me for flooring the gas the whole trip! But I wasnt flooring it. He was just not used to riding in smooth powerful car. Also, when I was cruising 70mph in my dad's Legend 6 speed, the guy said that I was driving 40mph. I said "your an idiot, get off my car or look at the spedometer". People who drives SUV are idiots! Just like this guy, he said that I was driving 40mph because my car was so quiet and glued to the ground, so it feels like 40mph.

then why did you let that idiot in yr legend...
Old 07-17-2001, 04:41 PM
I'm needing a caw

Some are fast. Ie... Ford F150 Lighting(will blow a na max away), Mercedes M55 I believe is pretty fast, Jeep Cherokee Grand Sport Limited are pretty fast also.
Old 07-17-2001, 04:44 PM

SUV's

SUV's are great!

My maxima has been hit twice.

Both times Parked.

Both times by big SUV's that the driver didn't see fit to look in their rear view mirror before backing up.

Old 07-17-2001, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by costcowholesale

then why did you let that idiot in yr legend...
The damn idiot was my friend!
Old 07-17-2001, 07:05 PM

The damn idiot was my friend!
go make some new friends
Old 07-17-2001, 11:10 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Some are fast. Ie... Ford F150 Lighting(will blow a na max away), Mercedes M55 I believe is pretty fast, Jeep Cherokee Grand Sport Limited are pretty fast also.
I saw a Mercedes SUV today, don't know what it was but it had //AMG badging on the side and rear. Tight SUV!! It was down in Bethesda around a MB deaership, so I figure someone was test driving it...It was next to me at a light, (I wasn't trying to race or anything, it just happened to be there) and it LAUNCHED like no SUV I've ever seen before!! Truly bat-out-of-hell acceleration. I was so shocked to see it take off like that, I forgot to go on the green light, and got honked at! So I crawled forward (comparatively) in my rental Saturn L200 and it's 132hp 2.2l I-4, how sad. But that SUV would definitely have smoked most cars...
Old 07-18-2001, 01:07 AM

Originally posted by The_quorum

I saw a Mercedes SUV today, don't know what it was but it had //AMG badging on the side and rear. Tight SUV!! It was down in Bethesda around a MB deaership, so I figure someone was test driving it...It was next to me at a light, (I wasn't trying to race or anything, it just happened to be there) and it LAUNCHED like no SUV I've ever seen before!! Truly bat-out-of-hell acceleration. I was so shocked to see it take off like that, I forgot to go on the green light, and got honked at! So I crawled forward (comparatively) in my rental Saturn L200 and it's 132hp 2.2l I-4, how sad. But that SUV would definitely have smoked most cars...
Some are fast like I want to get a 98 G Cherokee 5.9 LTD and S/C it but maybe in a few years Also the SUVs that are powerhouses are rated worst gas mileage like the X5 and M55.
Old 07-18-2001, 04:39 AM

Holy Sheet. Where the fork do you live that you meet people like this? That's pretty funny.