General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Emissions help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

Emissions help!

I am having a hard time passing emissions. In my state, I am allow 2 not ready's to pass and I have 4. My CEL is on and throwing a 1302 (Map/Baro) I haven't ran the hoses yet but they are plugged in. On my emission printout, its showing Not Ready on Catalsys, EVAP, EGR and O2. I have no codes for any of those.
I don't have a cat and both EGR and EVAP are not hooked up physically but sensors are plugged in, EGR is not even in the car since I'm running after market manifolds.
I have reset the ECU and the CEL actually stays off until the car is turned off and on again, in the previous years I was able to pass with just resetting the ecu and driving around all day without shutting the car off and putting 100+miles on it. Today, I did the same thing (I even put 170+ miles on it) but the 4 listed above is still showing NOT READY so I was wondering if there was anything that I can do short of reinstalling EVAP and EGR to pass? Why is the o2 not showing up as ready when they are plugged in? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:56 PM
VQ30 DE T

Food 4 thought

Check if your state has a waiver/ emissions waiver.
In philly Pa You can get 3 types of waivers that I know of
A low mileage waiver(driven less than 5k in 11-12 months)
A emissions repair waiver (spent more than 150$ on emission related repairs).
A hook up waiver I didnt say that.lol
If your car has three factory O2 sensors 2 pre 1 post then you probably didnt
"set the monitor" put them through the proper drive cycle.You probably have a small evap leak and I belive the egr only has one lil sensor that I'am sure you can plug into the exaust. or use the mod that some 3.5 swap guys did to trick the ecu.(resistor?) anyway you dont have to drive the car 4 100- 170 miles. Its the constant speed and load etc... that the ecu also uses to set all the monitors. I can set my 95 & 97 monitors in two sometimes one 60 odd mile trip(MOSTLY HIGHWAY).
OBD1, 2 speed idle test/ 15 mph dyno run FTMFW so when i'am boosted the cels wont matter.
Good luck.