General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Who is buying the NZ Headers? {I want in!}

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 08:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey fellas I am fixen my 95 Max back up and selling the I30.
Now who here is planning on getting the headers from NZ? I ask because I want to buy them ASAP and need to know ordering info. Maybe we can cut shipping costs too?

For those out there who say headers are a waste of money, I whould have to disagree because I need a Y-Pipe too and the headers are only a couple hundred more so why not? Right? Installation will be free

World most powerfull NA Max on the way!
Old 07-25-2001, 08:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by emax95
Hey fellas I am fixen my 95 Max back up and selling the I30.
Now who here is planning on getting the headers from NZ? I ask because I want to buy them ASAP and need to know ordering info. Maybe we can cut shipping costs too?

For those out there who say headers are a waste of money, I whould have to disagree because I need a Y-Pipe too and the headers are only a couple hundred more so why not? Right? Installation will be free

World most powerfull NA Max on the way!

Why do I feel like I never see you on here anymore? Hey what's the "family business?"
Old 07-25-2001, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by MaineI30

Why do I feel like I never see you on here anymore? Hey what's the "family business?"
I have not been here to much lately because I have been busy + I have been trying to sort things out in my mind. I have been contemplating getting a new car for a while and I just decided I want to hang on to my max for a while longer. BTW the family Buss. is a health food shop.

Now back to headers!
Old 07-26-2001, 04:41 AM

I'm down emax, but the install is a b!tch I heard. I really want them because I have a really old Cattman y-pipe without a flex section, and my exhaust system buzzes like hell. It ****es me off.
Old 07-26-2001, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by Screaminfast
I'm down emax, but the install is a b!tch I heard. I really want them because I have a really old Cattman y-pipe without a flex section, and my exhaust system buzzes like hell. It ****es me off.
Cool, I think MardiGrasmax is looking to order headers too. Were are you Mardi? I just need some ordering info and maybe we can organize a few people together to save some money on shipping. Anyone else interested? They are very resonably priced at $450+S/H.
Old 07-26-2001, 03:37 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Cool, I think MardiGrasmax is looking to order headers too. Were are you Mardi? I just need some ordering info and maybe we can organize a few people together to save some money on shipping. Anyone else interested? They are very resonably priced at $450+S/H.
Don't do it Ethan, you'll probaly just break something
Old 07-26-2001, 03:55 PM

If we can get group deal discounted price I'm in now COUNT MW IN. Otherwise I will have to wait a while.
Old 07-26-2001, 03:58 PM

this shoudl be able to fit 5thgens too correct? we both have the same engine...
Old 07-26-2001, 04:22 PM

If they cost 450 shipped, ill probably be in. (even with my current job bs)
Old 07-26-2001, 07:58 PM

I will dig up the email address for the shop in NZ that sells the headers. I will see if we can get a better deal with spliting the shipping costs and maybe we can even get a break on the headers. If we do get together on the shipping we whould most likely have to ship all the money together and have the headers all shipped to the same place and. I will cordinate it for everyone if thats cool? I have sold tons of stuff on the org including a SC to Cheston so you can all trust me.

I will update you guys on 5th gen availability and price info.

If anyone else is seriously interested please get in on this! We will all save some money. Thanks
Old 07-26-2001, 09:06 PM

I just emailed them this,

Hello, I have been informed{VIA Maxima.org} that you currently make a header system for the Nissan Maxima. I am very, very Intersted in buying these soon. I whould like to ask a few questions about ordering and fitment.

Ok, there is currently about 5 people interested in setting up a possible group buy on these headers. What type of discounts could you give if we have 3,4,5,10 people?{ETC.} Also, do you except USA money orders? If not what is the best way to pay? Do you take credit cards? What is your address & Phone #?

Last question, I know these headers are designed to fit 95-99 maximas but what about 2000-2001 Maximas{AKA A33}? Sorry about all the question.

Please get back to me ASAP because I really want to get these!

Best Regards,
Ethan Pray

Ok, I back now.
After looking at the big Header thread I read that Shipping will cost only $107 for one Header sent VIA Airborn delivery{6-12 days}. Anyways it whould not really be worth the extra hassle of trying to split the shipping costs because we whould not save very much $$. Maybe we will get lucky and they will take credit cards!
Old 07-26-2001, 10:20 PM

Will these headers provide any more hp gains w/ the y-pipe? I know Don prototyped headers and made less then 1hp but maybe there will be a miracle and these make more.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:36 PM

Hey Emax, is your name Ethan?

My name is Ethan too man! One day in a class of 500, we were passing up the quiz to the guy sitting at the end of the row and this dude who sat next to me turned out to be Ethan too.
Anyways, that shop in new zealand are not confusing the ypipe and the header, right? Like some places call the ypipe a header you know.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by Synki
Will these headers provide any more hp gains w/ the y-pipe? I know Don prototyped headers and made less then 1hp but maybe there will be a miracle and these make more.

The best answer to your question is I don't know for sure yet since I don't have them. The gains will be found out shortly. Comparing Don's bored out headers to equal length headers with a smoother flowing designe is a bad comparison. It seems that every other car on the market piks up good top end HP gains with aftermarket headers. Give me a month and my max will be putting down 200 HP to the wheels .
Old 07-27-2001, 02:20 AM

Do they make them in 3"? I have a SC in the mail and will need to replace my current 2.5" Stillen y-pipe with a 3" one. Please write down all the info you have on these headers and tell us whats up. Thanks

K
Old 07-27-2001, 04:22 AM

Originally posted by Synki
There was quite a controversy on this. Don bored out the stock Manifolds which are very different than headers. Headers are smooth flowing and large. I think the headers will be way better off than the bored out manifolds.

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo
Do they make them in 3"? I have a SC in the mail and will need to replace my current 2.5" Stillen y-pipe with a 3" one. Please write down all the info you have on these headers and tell us whats up. Thanks

K
From what I've been reading, and from talking to a lot of race car tuners, these headers might even be better off for the S/C people. The headers themselves will flow better, making up for the added 0.5" diameter increase in the y-pipe. Plus not as much torque will be lost.

I am in a predicament. I want these headers, but I need to know how hard it is to install them, or how much to have a shop put them in. My oldschool cattman is buzzin like hell. It sooo annoying.

Let me know how it goes Ethan.
Old 07-27-2001, 09:31 AM

Re: Hey Emax, is your name Ethan?

Originally posted by hokiemax
My name is Ethan too man! One day in a class of 500, we were passing up the quiz to the guy sitting at the end of the row and this dude who sat next to me turned out to be Ethan too.
Anyways, that shop in new zealand are not confusing the ypipe and the header, right? Like some places call the ypipe a header you know.
Haha thats funny, the only other Ethan I ever met was my neibhor, lol. The little punk stole my name since he was 2 years younger, lol. Now back to the headers, check the huge header thread for all the info on htese things, there is a nice picture of these headers and it very clearly shows that these chromed out custom headers and a complete Y-Pipe with a flew joint. It looks to be a very nice designe .

Hey Scremaninfast, thanks for covering those questions for me. I will update this thread with new info as it comes in. If we get some group deal prices I will be sure to set up a new thread dedicated to this, that way more people will know.
Old 07-27-2001, 11:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

OOHOOOH...what is going on with this...I am sooo down once I get my raise.............seriously!!! I am very interested!
Old 07-27-2001, 01:15 PM

I just called the shop in New Zealand and talked to a guy a guy for a few minutes. He told me that the guy in charge will not be in until 6:30 Eastern Time{New England}, which is 10:30 over there. I did however find out that they do except credit cards! Visa Infact so ordering should be easy to do. I will try to get in touch with the guy in charge of exporting things to the US in a few hours.

On a side note, it was kind of funny because it was only 8:00 AM over there so the guy was all grogy and stuff, LOL. Lad
Old 07-27-2001, 01:30 PM

I just called the shop in New Zealand and talked to a guy a guy for a few minutes. He told me that the guy in charge will not be in until 6:30 Eastern Time{New England}, which is 10:30 over there. I did however find out that they do except credit cards! Visa Infact so ordering should be easy to do. I will try to get in touch with the guy in charge of exporting things to the US in a few hours.

On a side note, it was kind of funny because it was only 8:00 AM over there so the guy was all grogy and stuff, LOL. Lad
Nice...get that call in tonite at 6:30....I'm headin to poughkeepsie tonite, so send me an email with the details, would ya? Thanks...
Old 07-27-2001, 11:27 PM

What all do these headers replace? Just the manifolds? Will I still need a Y-pipe? What is the $ on these right now, without a group deal? Thanks

K
Old 07-27-2001, 11:35 PM

What all do these headers replace? Just the manifolds? Will I still need a Y-pipe? What is the $ on these right now, without a group deal? Thanks

K
The headers replace the oem exaust manifold and the oem Y-Pipe in one very nice high flowing piece. The 2 precats are removed just like Stillens and cattmans Y-Pipe. I am going to order my headers on Sunday night{Monday in NZ}, I will try to get a before and after dyno for everyone. A much bigger group will be possible after these headers are proven worthy, as of right now there is not enough serious buyers to wait around for a questionable group deal. The headers are going to cost me about $600 shipped. I will keep you all updated!
Old 07-27-2001, 11:47 PM

The headers replace the oem exaust manifold and the oem Y-Pipe in one very nice high flowing piece. The 2 precats are removed just like Stillens and cattmans Y-Pipe. I am going to order my headers on Sunday night{Monday in NZ}, I will try to get a before and after dyno for everyone. A much bigger group will be possible after these headers are proven worthy, as of right now there is not enough serious buyers to wait around for a questionable group deal. The headers are going to cost me about $600 shipped. I will keep you all updated!
The minute the dyno results are in please email them to me. If they are good I will be the first in line for them.

Kirk
Old 07-27-2001, 11:50 PM

The minute the dyno results are in please email them to me. If they are good I will be the first in line for them.

Kirk
I will do my very best on Finding a place to dyno my car. When I get any results I will be sure to post them on the org. If for some reason I can not get on a dyno I will do a in depth before and after HP,0-60 and 1/4 mile tests on my trusty G-Tech pro.
Old 07-28-2001, 12:09 AM

I will do my very best on Finding a place to dyno my car. When I get any results I will be sure to post them on the org. If for some reason I can not get on a dyno I will do a in depth before and after HP,0-60 and 1/4 mile tests on my trusty G-Tech pro.
Right on! When do you expect you will recieve the headers?

Kirk
Old 07-28-2001, 12:28 AM

Ethan, thanks a lot for going out on a limb to research this product to this depth..
Old 07-28-2001, 11:52 AM

Right on! When do you expect you will recieve the headers?

Kirk
No problem dude, I should get the headers in about 7-13 days. I will hopefully have them installed with in the first 3 days I have them. Then I will G-Tech test it for everyone and try to get the dyno ASAP.
Old 07-28-2001, 11:58 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

i went to that guy's website and it looks like the headers and y pipe were developed for the 5th gen. so shouldnt we be concerned about fitment on 4th gens considering the fact that most people interested seem to be 4th gen owners?
Old 07-28-2001, 12:06 PM

Originally posted by MaximaZero
i went to that guy's website and it looks like the headers and y pipe were developed for the 5th gen. so shouldnt we be concerned about fitment on 4th gens considering the fact that most people interested seem to be 4th gen owners?
They are designed for 95-99 maximas (A32). 5th gen and 4th gen pipes should look the same to a untrained eye and maybe even a trained one. I think they may even be interchangable.
Old 07-28-2001, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by MaximaZero
the guy said the headers are for A32, which is 4th gen.
Old 07-28-2001, 12:29 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Maximus97SE

the guy said the headers are for A32, which is 4th gen.
well spank my *** and call me jenny! i was wrong.

i need to keep up with the board a lil better... im starting to lag...

...back to headers...

Old 07-28-2001, 10:22 PM

Ethan,

I'm in Albany, NY. I'd like to come out to RI and help you or take a look when you are installing these. If I plan to buy them, maybe you could help me...hehe...let me know whats up....

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-28-2001, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by Screaminfast
Ethan,

I'm in Albany, NY. I'd like to come out to RI and help you or take a look when you are installing these. If I plan to buy them, maybe you could help me...hehe...let me know whats up....

Thanks,
Mike
Hey thanks for the offer dude but I have been looking into the install and for a guy without a lift and air tools this job looks damn near impossible! I think I am going to just given and have my machanic do it for me. He does great work and only charges me about $25 a hour . I will take a bunch of pics of the headers on and off the car for everyone to look at.
Old 07-28-2001, 11:08 PM

Hey thanks for the offer dude but I have been looking into the install and for a guy without a lift and air tools this job looks damn near impossible! I think I am going to just given and have my machanic do it for me. He does great work and only charges me about $25 a hour . I will take a bunch of pics of the headers on and off the car for everyone to look at.
Thanks a ton for doing all of this for us. If you could also post how long it took and what was required to do it that would be great. Thanks

K
Old 07-29-2001, 06:55 AM

Yea, my college here has an autoshop that I'm a part of. We have a lift and all the tools, but i'm still wary about doin the install myself. Let me know how much your mechanic charges to put in your set of headers. Maybe i'll bring mine to him too.

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2001, 11:55 AM

U da amn Ethan, thanks for taking the bull by the horns or should I say headers.

What was your total charge including shipping and customs fee's?
Old 07-29-2001, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
U da amn Ethan, thanks for taking the bull by the horns or should I say headers.

What was your total charge including shipping and customs fee's?
I will find out in a couple minutes because I am calling them up and ordering right now! I am going to see if they have anything else worth getting, maybe a larger throttle body or something? I'll be back soon.
Old 07-29-2001, 05:02 PM

I just got off the phone with Peter in New Zealand, he said he has the headers all packed up and ready to go! He is just trying work out the final pricing detail with different freight options. He is going to email me with the different options and how much $ they are. So in a hour or 2 I can let you guys know how much everything costs and such.

I also briefly talked to him about other maxima power parts he sold and he told me they have a piggy back ECU, CAI, Big bore exaust system. He also said he has rebuilt 5 or 6 maxima engines, he grinded down the cams and stuff and said he had good results. I asked if they were readally available and he said they don't sell them really, basically they have to rebuild your oem parts there and all. He also said he did install one custom Turbo charge kit but again he does not really sell one. Last but least I asked about a big bore throotle body and he said he made one for a maxima but the gains were not that good.
Old 07-29-2001, 06:13 PM

Avalon Ent. Racing has a dyno in NH. Call them and ask for Paul..
Old 07-29-2001, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by Maximamike
Avalon Ent. Racing has a dyno in NH. Call them and ask for Paul..
Thanks for the Mike, NH is a long ride to get a dyno though. I looked at the web site www.dynojet.com and there seems to be a few dyno's near by. I will call around tomarrow and see whats up.

Update: Still no stinkin email from my New Zealand friends. I also just put a nice big dent on my max ********!

Quick Reply: Who is buying the NZ Headers? {I want in!}