General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Austin Tx Meet Details

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 04:52 PM

Ok Guys here is the info we have all been waiting for the Austin Meet. Sorry for being a little late on thes b/w working about 70+ hours a week and getting all my school stuff situated, time has flown. Ok

Friday Aug. 31 we can all meet up at Rivercity Raceway (RCR) (http://www.rivercityracewayinc.com/)
Directions can be taken from their website as well.
I know Russ and a few others want to go back to San Antonio and catch some races.

On Sat. Sept. 1 We will be meeting up at IHOP on 183 near the Albertson's and across from Target (I will give more directions when we meet up on Fri. or email me.)
For those that want to dyno let me know ASAP so that I can get prices on a group deal. In the past there have been deals at about 2 pulls for 65 at a place here, I am supposed to return their call with a number of ppl so that they can see if they can do better than that depending on the ppl.

After the Dyno we will go to lunch. We will be eating at Salt Lick they have greak BBQ and the drive is nice there are a few twisties It is BYOB so those that wanna drink can stop at the store and pick up soemthing. After that we can all head back into the city, and we have a choice to either go to Malibu Grand Prix and race or go to Thunderzone and race. The difference is that Thunder zone allows more than 1 cart on the track and depending on the person watching over they may allow a bit of bumping and stuff, where as with Malibu they only allow 1 car on the track at a time and we can race for fastest times, also the Malibu race cars a faster than the Thunder Zone cars. Both places cost about the same ~$20. Buy the time we finish from there, it will be time to part due to the feedback I recieved about ppl wanting to only have a 2 day event and some ppl wanted time to travel back to their city. For those ppl that stay we can go to the Sat. night car meet that everyone goes to and we can catch a run for those that want to. VERY IMPORTANT I need everyone planning on attending to RSVP with me at adam_alvarez@dell.com, you must let me know if you want to dyno or if you car interested depending on the price. Hope to see you guys soon.