General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Things i Learned at Maxus 2001.. by Chebosto

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 09:21 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Ahhh yes. I am FINALLY home from my voyage to "the OTHER Coast." I must say, it has been one very enjoyable experience that i will remember for quite some time.
As you all know, i was flown out to DC courtesy of Maxima.org, and what that flight was! Leaving 6am PST and landing at BWI sometime at 5pm EST with a short layover in Indiana. (The whole time during the stop, i was frantically looking for a Southwest coverage map to see where "exactly" Indiana is located, and to my amazement it was somewhere over yonder by kanasas.. i think. ) Well, not known what Jamie looked like i stood by his terminal with a whopper in one hand and a drink in the other.. for me.. of course.. Thinking to see this farmer boy from Alamaba, chewing on a hay straw, and fortunately for me, he ended up looking normal. (*hhaha*.. im sure he was just as excited to meet me.) Well after a short trip from BWI -> our Marriot hotel in MD, i got to know "the Man of .org" quite nicely and learned alot about the state of Alabama and the discretion between Sweet Tea and Tea with sugar. Not to forget, the entimology lesson of what exactly a Cow Ant and Chigger is.. which was according followed by a "WTF" and a chuckle from jamie.
I finally had the opportunity to meet "y'all" (linguistic lesson, also courtesy of Jamie) and it was "wild." Those young "whippersnappers" were certainly a "barrel of monkeys." Saturday was the event and i truly had a blast hanging out with WhiteMax, Jeff K. (and his wife), Jose, JimW, 1Max2NV, BJJ and MattCalder (yee haw guys! that's gnarly!), Paul, Jason Yeh, Pioneer, Eben, and of course the crowd favorite, Ming! (and more!)
Man, it was TRULY a blast to come meet and hang out with the east coast side... and i hopefully represented the west coast appropriately.
My maxus picts will be posted later tonite, if i have enough energy. Thanks again for sending me to maxus, and i will PERSONALLY make maxus 2k2 worth coming to the west side...
Ahh... now i will calm down (having spent over 10 hours of flying and airport waiting coming home) and pondering what this weekend has led to..

--Cheston
Old 07-29-2001, 09:27 PM

Sounds like you had fun.
But people in Texas don't talk like that
We normal peeps.
Too many AzNs for that
Old 07-29-2001, 09:29 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

ya cheston it was great meeting you and Maxus was great. i'm seriously thinking about driving out next year but if i fly i'm gonna hold you to picking me up at the Airport. Also the comment you made about Greg's dyno is gonna go in my sig later. thanks for the laughs and for coming.
Old 07-29-2001, 09:37 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

nice meeting you Cheston. I plan to head out to Maxus next year so i'll be looking forward to learn how you guys do it on the west side
Old 07-29-2001, 10:01 PM
PhatGuy

Good to hear you had an awesome time. Sounds like the money was well spent!

Old 07-29-2001, 10:07 PM

Maxus was this past weekend ? I didnt know..!

I was gonna go but life was too busy and I forgot about it. OH well. But I still watched Planet of the Apes.
Somebody please explain the ending.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:12 PM
jason yeh

Re: Maxus was this past weekend ? I didnt know..!

its nice and pleasure meeting u too.
now...don;t forget abt ur business....^_^

Old 07-29-2001, 10:15 PM

Was nice meeting you CHeston.

I love your comment to Greg about his dyno. Im still laughing about that.

Anyways, i hope you had fun getting to drag against me.. a SMC member! I can now say i dragged against Cheston. Something that will never happen again. Too bad it wasnt on video.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:22 PM
jason yeh

now.....is the time u race on off the drag track.
let the street race begin...

Old 07-29-2001, 10:25 PM

i think maxus 2k2 should be in the middle of the nation, so anyone from a coast has an equal drive, that and the fact that im from texas, btw yall is the only one of those so called slang words i use
Old 07-29-2001, 10:27 PM

I learned that an innocent comment can make a person that feels bad feel even worse. BTW, the quote is in the sig now.
Old 07-29-2001, 11:18 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

i didnt not say that to insult! haha. really. that's the lowest dyno i've seen for a 4th gen in a while. that dyno is messed up. i dont trust it...

as far as the draggin parts go. hehe. i got my butt whooped.. so sorry to SighMax for not getting a lower time on his V1'd max.... watch that clutch!

Originally posted by Synki
Was nice meeting you CHeston.

I love your comment to Greg about his dyno. Im still laughing about that.

Anyways, i hope you had fun getting to drag against me.. a SMC member! I can now say i dragged against Cheston. Something that will never happen again. Too bad it wasnt on video.
Old 07-30-2001, 05:00 AM
Got Bent?

It was good meeting you Cheston.... glad you had a good time at Maxus
Old 07-30-2001, 05:55 AM

Nice meeting you Cheston, And thanks for installing my Indiglo Gauges->

I hope you got your ratchet from that kid.
Once again thanks!!!!

Originally posted by Chebosto
Ahhh yes. I am FINALLY home from my voyage to "the OTHER Coast." I must say, it has been one very enjoyable experience that i will remember for quite some time.
As you all know, i was flown out to DC courtesy of Maxima.org, and what that flight was! Leaving 6am PST and landing at BWI sometime at 5pm EST with a short layover in Indiana. (The whole time during the stop, i was frantically looking for a Southwest coverage map to see where "exactly" Indiana is located, and to my amazement it was somewhere over yonder by kanasas.. i think. ) Well, not known what Jamie looked like i stood by his terminal with a whopper in one hand and a drink in the other.. for me.. of course.. Thinking to see this farmer boy from Alamaba, chewing on a hay straw, and fortunately for me, he ended up looking normal. (*hhaha*.. im sure he was just as excited to meet me.) Well after a short trip from BWI -> our Marriot hotel in MD, i got to know "the Man of .org" quite nicely and learned alot about the state of Alabama and the discretion between Sweet Tea and Tea with sugar. Not to forget, the entimology lesson of what exactly a Cow Ant and Chigger is.. which was according followed by a "WTF" and a chuckle from jamie.
I finally had the opportunity to meet "y'all" (linguistic lesson, also courtesy of Jamie) and it was "wild." Those young "whippersnappers" were certainly a "barrel of monkeys." Saturday was the event and i truly had a blast hanging out with WhiteMax, Jeff K. (and his wife), Jose, JimW, 1Max2NV, BJJ and MattCalder (yee haw guys! that's gnarly!), Paul, Jason Yeh, Pioneer, Eben, and of course the crowd favorite, Ming! (and more!)
Man, it was TRULY a blast to come meet and hang out with the east coast side... and i hopefully represented the west coast appropriately.
My maxus picts will be posted later tonite, if i have enough energy. Thanks again for sending me to maxus, and i will PERSONALLY make maxus 2k2 worth coming to the west side...
Ahh... now i will calm down (having spent over 10 hours of flying and airport waiting coming home) and pondering what this weekend has led to..

--Cheston
Old 07-30-2001, 06:17 AM

Re: Nice meeting you Cheston, And thanks for installing my Indiglo Gauges->

Originally posted by Jose
I hope you got your ratchet from that kid.
Once again thanks!!!!

ya i had it and gave it back,
Old 07-30-2001, 06:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It was great meeting you, Cheston. Wish I could have seen you drag raced. What was the time you ran? I have a few runs by other maxima's on tape.
Old 07-30-2001, 07:41 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Great to hear you had a blast. Definitely bring Maxus to the West Coast next year.
Old 07-30-2001, 07:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It was great to meet you. Thanks for being down to Earth too. You were a trip though and it was cool having laughs with ya man. I still can't believe you thought my 1/4 mile times were good for a 97 stock auto GXE. Well it was my first time racing and you and some of the other guys should know better than I do.

If I am in your area in the future, I'll give you a call so you can take me to Rosco's Chicken and Waffles.
Old 07-30-2001, 09:33 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

too bad I didn't get to meet ya! Sounds like you had fun tho
Old 07-30-2001, 11:01 AM

Nice meeting you Cheston. I'll be driving west for 2002, maybe in a 2002 Maxima.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:14 AM
Banned

hahaha yeah we did have a good time saturday night. Might make it out to 2002 maxus, maybe i will see you again along with everyone else from the west coast. Well on the way home we "boned out" (hehehehe). Forgot to tell you but your site is great. see ya around
Old 07-30-2001, 12:54 PM
is invisible

SighMax was there?

as far as the draggin parts go. hehe. i got my butt whooped.. so sorry to SighMax for not getting a lower time on his V1'd max.... watch that clutch!
Hey pal...I could have used a ride from Cleveland!
Old 07-30-2001, 03:08 PM
i SeE what you did therE

all i want to know is what you and whitmax were doing in my engine bay???

grrrrr

i am sure you will post a pic soon enough...
Old 07-30-2001, 06:44 PM
BJJ

Yeah, us young whippersnappers know how to throw down here on the east coast. It was good to meet you, and I might fly out to Maxus next year. The water trick is now being used in North Carolina thanks to you, had a great time.
Old 07-30-2001, 07:02 PM
Granny Driven

Thanks for coming!

That was nice meeting you. Dont forget about the van u promised to us if we fly out to maxus 2002. See you around.
Old 07-30-2001, 07:46 PM

Originally posted by BJJ
Yeah, us young whippersnappers know how to throw down here on the east coast. It was good to meet you, and I might fly out to Maxus next year. The water trick is now being used in North Carolina thanks to you, had a great time.
grr, i'm a waiter and i already knew the water trick, that's some mean ****. i hate when people do that. And Redmax, i know what they were doing, cost your fi dolla.
Old 07-30-2001, 08:06 PM

learned alot about the state of Alabama and the discretion between Sweet Tea and Tea with sugar.

yes!!! i thought that us kentuckians were the only ones that cared about sweet tea!! you gotta have sweet tea, none of that tea w/ sugar crap!!!
Old 07-30-2001, 10:06 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by redmaxpa007
all i want to know is what you and whitmax were doing in my engine bay???

grrrrr

i am sure you will post a pic soon enough...
how's VA beach fool!
Old 07-30-2001, 11:03 PM

what's the water trick?????
Old 07-31-2001, 05:36 AM

Originally posted by guverment
what's the water trick?????
you take a full glass of water, put a napkin on your hand, put your hand on the glass and flip it upside down then quickly slide it off your hand onto the table. bastards!!!!
Old 07-31-2001, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

you take a full glass of water, put a napkin on your hand, put your hand on the glass and flip it upside down then quickly slide it off your hand onto the table. bastards!!!!
that's great! i have a friend that works at applebees, he's going to get a pleasant surprise!