General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

OSCAI users beware...READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 06:16 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

I decided it was about time I cleaned my K&N panel filter since I hadn't done it in a while. I was shocked at the amount of $hit stuck in it. I literally got a little pile of dirt and sand and bugs when I tapped it on the cement.

My OSCAI has a forward facing scoop on the bottom and I don't remember driving through any swamps...

So just watch out and clean or change your filter often with this setup.
Old 07-30-2001, 06:26 PM
Got Bent?

yup.... i have about 5k miles on my K&N with the same setup and it has some crap in it. I knock out all the extra bugs and crap out of my filter often though. But, if you do have such a setup, cleaning the filter more often would be wise
Old 07-30-2001, 08:15 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mzmtg
I decided it was about time I cleaned my K&N panel filter since I hadn't done it in a while. I was shocked at the amount of $hit stuck in it. I literally got a little pile of dirt and sand and bugs when I tapped it on the cement.

My OSCAI has a forward facing scoop on the bottom and I don't remember driving through any swamps...

So just watch out and clean or change your filter often with this setup.
Hey i have an engineering question for you. what do you think about bridging the signal from BOTH downpipe O2 sensors to get a more accurate reading. my a/f guage is not very accurate, like everyone else's. i'll try anything to get this to work.
Old 07-30-2001, 10:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
yup.... i have about 5k miles on my K&N with the same setup and it has some crap in it. I knock out all the extra bugs and crap out of my filter often though. But, if you do have such a setup, cleaning the filter more often would be wise
I don't seem to have that problem. But then again I keep the OSCAI tube tucked inside the splash guard. That probably explains it.
Old 07-31-2001, 05:18 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

Hey i have an engineering question for you. what do you think about bridging the signal from BOTH downpipe O2 sensors to get a more accurate reading. my a/f guage is not very accurate, like everyone else's. i'll try anything to get this to work.
Hmmm, if you hooked the sensors up in parallel to the guage, that would work. But I dont see any reason it would be more accurate. The most accurate way to do it is to install a seperate wide-band lambda sensor and not rely on the narrow-band factory units.
Old 07-31-2001, 05:27 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mzmtg

Hmmm, if you hooked the sensors up in parallel to the guage, that would work. But I dont see any reason it would be more accurate. The most accurate way to do it is to install a seperate wide-band lambda sensor and not rely on the narrow-band factory units.
me and confused were talking about it at maxus, we felt that if you had a signal from EACH bank of the engine it might be more accurate, different cyclinders act different. So all you would have to do it tap the other one and get a Y, 2 to 1, connector and bling bling. Wouldn't the voltage be too high?? I thought you would need a 1/2 reducer or something, i'm just guessing now. that's why i asked the engineering man.