General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Attn: ALL Newbies/Lurkers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 06:34 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

well. i've noticed lately that there are ALOT of new guys here on the forum. so i thought it would be a good time to say some pointers to those that are enjoying this site now, as i have, in the past years...

1) Before posting questions! Check the MaxFAQs and use the search function (if you can understand quantum physics.. you can do the search)

2) Don't be dissing anyone's car unless you yourself, have more or the same amount of mods put into your car as the car you're going to diss. Take example of this mornings kind words by:
melanthius (a newbie) :
"chebosto, that is one ugly aftermarket spoiler. sorry man, but it had to be said"
Ahh yes.. well. everyone knows I'm CEO and President of the Aftermarket Wing Club for Maxs. AWCM. so. chalk up one strike for him... but i'm sure, Melanthius didn't know any better.... and he'll start behaving now..

3) Pay Respect to the Elders of the Forum. They've been here longer than you have, and yes. they DO know more than you. So you can take your "I'm running 15 pounds boost on my Maxima!" (unless your name is phil ) or your "Oh just do a little head work to get to 3.2L" comments to yourself...

and finally

4) Dont be dissin' the forum. because #1: Jamie (aka Jambo) pays outta his own pocket to get this place up and running and we should respect him and give him LOTZ of thanks and props for hosting this place where we can all gather and flourish as a community. (well except for doug. he likes to ruffle things up. but thats cool)

Thank you. and good day.

Cheston
(aka. Ugly Wing ****)
Old 08-14-2001, 07:07 PM

Well said!
Old 08-14-2001, 07:10 PM
Ford Only.

Yes! Well said I notice alot of newbies come on with the attitude there $hit dont stink.But it does...
Old 08-14-2001, 07:11 PM

Good points, but stop calling me Doug.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's right!

None of you lurkers/newbies live in your Maxima yet.

Old 08-14-2001, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic
Good points, but stop calling me Doug.
Man! The 5th gen wheels look sharp on the 4th gen!
Old 08-14-2001, 07:15 PM

Amen brother!
Old 08-14-2001, 07:27 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by Chebosto
well

2) melanthius (a newbie) :
"chebosto, that is one ugly aftermarket spoiler. sorry man, but it had to be said"
Ahh yes.. well. everyone knows I'm CEO and President of the Aftermarket Wing Club for Maxs. AWCM. so. chalk up one strike for him... but i'm sure, Melanthius didn't know any better.... and he'll start behaving now..

you are the president!!! hehe

3) Pay Respect to the Elders of the Forum. They've been here longer than you have, and yes. they DO know more than you. So you can take your "I'm running 15 pounds boost on my Maxima!" (unless your name is phil ) or your "Oh just do a little head work to get to 3.2L" comments to yourself...

.....and it was 14-16 pounds... but i cannot confirm actual numbers.....

and finally

4) we should respect him and give him LOTZ of thanks and props for hosting this place where we can all gather and flourish as a community. (well except for doug. he likes to ruffle things up. but thats cool)

Cheston
(aka. Ugly Wing ****)

that is the truth......
Old 08-14-2001, 07:32 PM

I do apologize for any stupid questions. If they were, to any non-newbies/lurkers
thanks,
d

GREAT WEBSITE, learned a lot from just reading.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:42 PM
Ford Only.

I have noticed when I tried to sign on threw a different computer I wasnt logged in on.It says something like WELCOME if you are new check out our Faqs page and has a link.Some people are just in a hurry to throw there .02 in.

+1
Old 08-14-2001, 07:54 PM

Cheston
(aka. Ugly Wing ****) [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, man thats funny. you konw youv got one of the phatest rides on this forum. just check out the post i had a few days back where i asked ppl whose ride they wanted to see and all......take care. later.
Old 08-14-2001, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by riggy
Cheston
(aka. Ugly Wing ****)

lol, man thats funny. you konw youv got one of the phatest rides on this forum. just check out the post i had a few days back where i asked ppl whose ride they wanted to see and all......take care. later. [/B][/QUOTE]

that is some funny stuff, I am the president of the 4X4 Maxima club, but not for long, hehe.
Jason
Old 08-14-2001, 09:31 PM

yes, i agree very much with u cheston, this i just like the "no more newbie" posts we complained about last week, i want to be co-founder of the red maxima club, of course mr redmaxpa007 you can be the other co-founder, we will just have it 'within' the smc thread
Old 08-14-2001, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by RedMax95
yes, i agree very much with u cheston, this i just like the "no more newbie" posts we complained about last week, i want to be co-founder of the red maxima club, of course mr redmaxpa007 you can be the other co-founder, we will just have it 'within' the smc thread
Shouldn't your engine toom be red then too?
Old 08-14-2001, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic

Shouldn't your engine toom be red then too?
no, i have to have a little offset, plus my strut brace ends came in blue and that was the first thing i put in there, so everything else was color coded to it
Old 08-14-2001, 09:50 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Newbies/Lurkers~~><~~Cheston

Old 08-14-2001, 09:59 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

ya some of the newbie questions are just annoying sometimes too because they are simple and are covered in like 980,797,907 other places.
Old 08-14-2001, 10:10 PM

well.. I asked a lot... I mean A LOT of stupid questions when I came here..
well I guess I was lucky not to be flamed ^^
I love you guys~
hahaha
Newbies respect the old Maxima Owners..
starting off with the first generations..
then second.. then third.
HEHE =)
Old 08-14-2001, 10:15 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Sexima
hahaha
Newbies respect the old Maxima Owners..
starting off with the first generations..
then second.. then third.
HEHE =)
That's not what he meant.
Old 08-14-2001, 10:21 PM

so can i spray a 100shot on a stock engine?
Old 08-14-2001, 10:31 PM

How does someone tell if you're a n00bie or not(other than the rank next to your name) I've been around since the old .org.... I just don't post much

Jim90gxe: the perpetual noobie
Old 08-14-2001, 10:32 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by sx7r
What is "spray" and 100 shot? Where can can I buy it? How much do you think the installation will cost? Can you give me a link to what you're talking about? Thanks.

Old 08-14-2001, 10:33 PM

Can someone

please help me find a new car? 97 SE for 12g's or less? 5spd of course :-)!
Old 08-14-2001, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

What is "spray" and 100 shot? Where can can I buy it? How much do you think the installation will cost? Can you give me a link to what you're talking about? Thanks.

i have no clue, i just saw some other people using those terms and i thought it was cool. i was hoping someone could explain it to me.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:04 PM

Old 08-14-2001, 11:13 PM

i have no clue, i just saw some other people using those terms and i thought it was cool. i was hoping someone could explain it to me.
why do you have so many clocks on your door handle thingy? (i heard it was called something like a, b, c, d, e, x, y,z, pillar or something i forget) and nos? i heard it was stood for something about making your car fast i foget too but i know this **** on the real man.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:36 PM

Wow, you guys are harsh. Hopefully this will make some newbies think twice before posting really stupid questions or comments.

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

why do you have so many clocks on your door handle thingy? (i heard it was called something like a, b, c, d, e, x, y,z, pillar or something i forget) and nos? i heard it was stood for something about making your car fast i foget too but i know this **** on the real man.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:37 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

What does NOS stand for? Nissan Only Stripes?
if so does that mean when people say they have NOS in their Honda's they're lying about having a honda?

or does that mean i will get 5 hp for my pin stripes on my car.

also. that Z pillar thing. Yea. those are clocks all right. my friend has it on his Mustang and he says they tell time and how much Coolant his Alternator has.

Also. my other friend said that i can add a BVO. a Blow Valve Off.. to my intake? is that true? if so how much is a BVO? Is it similar to an Under Pulley Driver Strut Brace Bar Pop?

Also. my maxima is great.. i'm going to put midgets in it too! that that guy with the gold 2000 maxima. I train with midgets here in Alabama for the circus! they sure are fast! So is that Kevin guy in a circus too? if so. how can i get in contact with him? do you have his email?

Thanks guys.!

Originally posted by AznWontonboy

Old 08-15-2001, 12:42 AM

The recently-made-notorious Melanthius

Chebosto, didn't you get my personal message?

Er, let's remember that we are not enemies, we all share a common passion. I enjoy the fact that the maxima is a near-perfect vehicle, stock. The V6 engine has been #1 for about 20 years. But there's much room for improvement.

I know chebosto's ride can out-pimp mine any day, probably because I don't have the income of an aftermarket spoiler president. Still, I wouldn't put that particular spoiler on that particular car.

Sorry if my opinion got anyone worked up.

Melanthius ~~>
Chebosto ~~>
Old 08-15-2001, 01:07 AM

Originally posted by clee130
That's right!

None of you lurkers/newbies live in your Maxima yet.

Gotta work your way up guys.
Old 08-15-2001, 01:09 AM

Hey melanthius, I agree with you, the spoiler is tilted too much and doesn't look right on the rounded bread box like 4th gen trunk, but thats his thing and its hard to find any spoiler other then the stock one that looks right. I know cause I tried with mine.

Also, everyone was a newbie once. Many of the same people now living in Maximas asked "stupid" questions themselves.
Old 08-15-2001, 04:49 AM

Why can't we all just get along?
Make love not war!
Hey, did you here the new Maxima is gonna have like 400 hp?
Old 08-15-2001, 05:12 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

I dont know if you guys heard about this. The new Altima is going to have 260 HP just like the new maxima. Arent you all going to feel like losers then.

What's a VB mod?
Old 08-15-2001, 05:16 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

No way you can't do that. But i know there are companies that will make you pistons and you can get new cam shafts and cam gears and all kinds of other internals. They are all over the interner trust me i've seen them. I even have headers on my maxima!
Old 08-15-2001, 05:19 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

that is good stuff
Old 08-15-2001, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

No way you can't do that. But i know there are companies that will make you pistons and you can get new cam shafts and cam gears and all kinds of other internals. They are all over the interner trust me i've seen them. I even have headers on my maxima!

REALLY!!?? i'm going to have to get those cam gears cuz my camera isn't working right. you have headers on your maxima?? that's the thing that people always get ported and polished when they have too much horsepower and they need to subtract 5hp, right? also, i read on the honda board that having headers makes it easier to get <ahem> while driving.

BUT you must get the TORNADO air system in order for any of the mods to be effective on your car.

(FYI, there isn't any truth to anything just said, lol)
Old 08-15-2001, 07:51 AM

To the newbies/lurker,

It's ok to ask questions because thats how you will get anwers but just show respect. We all have different taste and so be it. If you all spent time with people on the forum at meets, the cars really start to take a back seat. Some of the members are so cool to chill with and Cheston is definitely one of them.
Old 08-15-2001, 07:51 AM

Attention Daniel B. Martin, my house is on fire, how do I put it out?
Old 08-15-2001, 07:52 AM

here's my 2cents..

respect the newbies questions with non-smartarse answers, as we were once respected. if one finds a question lame, then please ignore it, many may come in not knowing what FAQ means.. for i once thought it was a substitute for teh word F*ck. if a newbie comes in talkin' trash, just ignore them and they'll see how their posts have no replies and will slowly get the message. actions tend to speak louder than words...
-daniel
Old 08-15-2001, 07:54 AM

Originally posted by mingo
here's my 2cents..

respect the newbies questions with non-smartarse answers, as we were once respected. if one finds a question lame, then please ignore it, many may come in not knowing what FAQ means.. for i once thought it was a substitute for teh word F*ck. if a newbie comes in talkin' trash, just ignore them and they'll see how their posts have no replies and will slowly get the message. actions tend to speak louder than words...
-daniel
True Dat!

Quick Reply: Attn: ALL Newbies/Lurkers...