General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Finally!! Did some mods on the Max!! First time!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 09:04 PM

Ok..so my family has owned the car for about 2 years now..we left it completely stock..except for doing the simple turn signal mod.

Today..I decided to be brave, and add lights to the car! :gasp:! So I bought 1157 Eurolites Xexon lights (not the blue white ones..but the expensive ones that have a blue bulb, yet give out bright white light!). I also attempted the corner rewire mod to make them brighter. Those who met me at the Maxima meet in Toronto a few months ago would remember me harrasing them about getting the clearence lights out. While I managed to get it out a while back, this time I actually did the mod..and boy is it worth it!!

The light is sooo white!! I finally understand what you guys see in buying these ligths! Before I thought it was a waste of money, but its not!!

That and I'm CCNA certified today!!! Woohoo!! Took the exam today for the first time..and passed!!!!

Old 08-15-2001, 09:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mAdD MAX
Ok..so my family has owned the car for about 2 years now..we left it completely stock..except for doing the simple turn signal mod.

Today..I decided to be brave, and add lights to the car! :gasp:! So I bought 1157 Eurolites Xexon lights (not the blue white ones..but the expensive ones that have a blue bulb, yet give out bright white light!). I also attempted the corner rewire mod to make them brighter. Those who met me at the Maxima meet in Toronto a few months ago would remember me harrasing them about getting the clearence lights out. While I managed to get it out a while back, this time I actually did the mod..and boy is it worth it!!

The light is sooo white!! I finally understand what you guys see in buying these ligths! Before I thought it was a waste of money, but its not!!

That and I'm CCNA certified today!!! Woohoo!! Took the exam today for the first time..and passed!!!!

Sounds like fun!{good ol;d days }. BTW what is CCNA?
Old 08-15-2001, 09:21 PM

I know you guys probably think I'm dumb for being excited about hyperwhites..but I don't really care! It looks damn good, now I'm gonna have to replace the 9004 bulbs to hyperwhites..!

emax:95 Thanks!! CCNA is Cisco Certified Network Administrator exam. Once I pass it, I'm certified to be a Cisco network admin. So you are now talking to a Cisco certified network admin!!
Old 08-15-2001, 09:48 PM

I know you guys probably think I'm dumb for being excited about hyperwhites..but I don't really care! It looks damn good, now I'm gonna have to replace the 9004 bulbs to hyperwhites..!

emax:95 Thanks!! CCNA is Cisco Certified Network Administrator exam. Once I pass it, I'm certified to be a Cisco network admin. So you are now talking to a Cisco certified network admin!!
Dude!

Congratz on everything!!!

Now u need an underbody neon kit Nathan got 1 & grant & I r going 2 get 1 ...
Old 08-15-2001, 10:19 PM

CCNA... cha-ching! Congratulations. I know I got real excited way back when from putting on an FSTB so I know exactly how you feel.
Old 08-16-2001, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by ohboiya

Dude!

Congratz on everything!!!

Now u need an underbody neon kit Nathan got 1 & grant & I r going 2 get 1 ...
Thanks!

You guys are getting an underbody kit? Damn! Are you gonna take them off in the winter?? The snow might scrape against the tubes??

How much are they, where you getting them from, and are they legal??

It look good on your car and Grants, cause they are both show cars..u enter them in shows and stuff. For a regular car like mine..it would be out of place..cause you can't really use them while driving?
Old 08-16-2001, 07:29 AM

Congras dude. Also congrats on the ccna I'm working on getting mine right now. I've only finished half of the course work. Is the test really hard. Clue me in here dude what I really need to study
Old 08-16-2001, 07:52 AM

infinitiblast: Know all the IOS commands for the router! Know how to show various info in the router, like lmi status, dlcis, acls, etc..

Know your OSI layers and your routing protocols. Basically..know everything in the book!! Cause each exam is different and can ask you different questions. The passing mark of the exam is 85%! If you get below that you fail!

Do tons of practice test! Get software called Test Out, that has hard practice tests which will prepare you for the exam. Also, learn subnetting, you should be able to understand..it should be as easy as breathing to you.

Eugene, Nathan, or Grant: could you give me more info on the underbody neons please? cost? legality? durability?

Thanks!!
Old 08-16-2001, 07:57 AM

Eugene, Nathan, or Grant: could you give me more info on the underbody neons please? cost? legality? durability?

Thanks!!
man .. check out the GD forum ... $160 USD shipped to canada

legal? don't know .. guess we'll find out ...

durability .. dunno know .. guess we'll find out ...
Old 08-16-2001, 08:24 AM

Originally posted by ohboiya

man .. check out the GD forum ... $160 USD shipped to canada

legal? don't know .. guess we'll find out ...

durability .. dunno know .. guess we'll find out ...
HAHA, yeah, I guess we'll find out E! lol

G
Old 08-16-2001, 09:24 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

infinitiblast: Know all the IOS commands for the router! Know how to show various info in the router, like lmi status, dlcis, acls, etc..

Know your OSI layers and your routing protocols. Basically..know everything in the book!! Cause each exam is different and can ask you different questions. The passing mark of the exam is 85%! If you get below that you fail!

Do tons of practice test! Get software called Test Out, that has hard practice tests which will prepare you for the exam. Also, learn subnetting, you should be able to understand..it should be as easy as breathing to you.

Thanks!!
this is true, but trust me, nothing works better than u getting ur hands on a cisco router and doing a few practice exercises on them. helps to see what u r actually reading about. i know it helped me that way.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:28 AM

Yeah..try to get your hands on the routers..I worked with them a bit. Setup acls, setup up mini networks with 3 routers..did the subnetting. However I couldn't really do any of the ISDN or Frame Relay stuff because our school did not have the proper equipment for it.

Grant and Eugene, I think I'll just pass on the neons..hehe. The mods I wanna get in order, are headlights, fstb, clears, and then y-pipe.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:32 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yeah..try to get your hands on the routers..I worked with them a bit. Setup acls, setup up mini networks with 3 routers..did the subnetting. However I couldn't really do any of the ISDN or Frame Relay stuff because our school did not have the proper equipment for it.
u got a chance to do it at school?! : nice ... very nice. oh wells... i guess there's other perks working in a big company!
Old 08-16-2001, 09:51 AM

neons

Legal? Nope.. only when the car is parked, with the engine off. As far as durable, they hold up nicely... but I have yet to have them on in the winter.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by mechanic

u got a chance to do it at school?! : nice ... very nice. oh wells... i guess there's other perks working in a big company!
Yup did it in school! The school paid for the exam too! So basically I didn't pay anything for the course or the exam. Check out my thread in Off Topic, I explained it in there.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:22 AM

didn't you tint yr windows? is that a mod?