General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ButtonWillow Report.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2000, 11:26 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

We started our day (Nabil, Hiroshi, Me) by gathering at Hiroshi's house around 6:40 pm Friday evening (Nabilo was late..excuses excuses.. :P) and then proceeded to
drive at dusk to ButtonWillow's Motel 6, which we had reserved a room thanks to Victor, who unforntuately could not make it due to personal reasons...
It was pretty funny, as we were driving up that nite, because it was so dark, we were almost clueless to where the actual exit was! All of a sudden HWY 58 popped up and
off we went to stay the nite..

The motel 6 stank like cow poo poo, but other than that, it was pretty cool. We got some Tequiza, which was very refreshing, btw... and planned our day..
I got the big bed, Nabil and Homie had to share the other *ahem*.. what was really weird was we were all dead tired, but at the same time excited like *****.

We woke up at 5am, i ripped a huge *** fart that wouldn't even wake up Homie cuz he was snoring, and nabil rolled off the bed to the bathroom. The second the alarm went
off, i was jumping like a bean.. happy happy joy joy.. what a day it would be!

we checked out of the hotel and went our marry way to the track at around 7am.

at the track, we saw some cars that we saw the nite before at the hotel, and ALOT of other cool cars (two test vechiles brought out by TRD, two italian Qvail Mengusta V8 5spd
380 hp twoseaters, and the TRD celica) and tons of Rustangs and mazdas.

There were a lot of race trucks and vintage rx7s that were there for the day's race, and eibach was there doing suspension tests.

Us three Maxima guys were joined by Hiroshi's sisters and their friends, and some of HIroshi's ex-workmates. Chris and his bro came out to check us out too! *where was Art??* Which really was cool

Our first lap, i opted to get an instructor, but nabil and hiroshi, being the natural driving talents that they are, opted to take ride-along passengers for the heck of it... the first
session was cool, up until Nabil spun/ran-off the track when susbequently covered up Hiroshi's car with a nice fine layer of dust...

haahahha. which made his car look better btw, (kiddin...)

at the track, we saw some cars that we saw the nite before at the hotel, and ALOT of other cool cars (two test vechiles brought out by TRD, two italian Qvail Mengusta V8 5spd
380 hp twoseaters, and the TRD celica) and tons of Rustangs and mazdas.

There were a lot of race trucks and vintage rx7s that were there for the day's race, and eibach was there doing suspension tests.

Us three Maxima guys were joined by Hiroshi's sisters and their friends, and some of HIroshi's ex-workmates. Chris and his bro came out to check us out too! *where was
Art??* Which really was cool

Our first lap, i opted to get an instructor, but nabil and hiroshi, being the natural driving talents that they are, opted to take ride-along passengers for the heck of it... the first
session was cool, up until Nabil spun/ran-off the track when susbequently covered up Hiroshi's car with a nice fine layer of dust...

haahahha. which made his car look better btw, (kiddin...)
continued..

Session three was BY FAR THE BEST OF THE DAY. bar none.

Hiroshi seemed to fix his brakes and went out. I got to ride alone, and Nabil was again taxi driver. hehe. :0

imagine, a whole train of three maximas, hauling *** throughout the whole course.. we were maxing out at 100 at some of these striaghts which was absolutely fantastic.

we beat down on these cars ALL DAY, one after another:

Mustang SVT-slow ****.
Taurus SHO-even slower ****.
3000GT-Snails crawl faster.
Impreza WRX-snuffed him.
TT RX7- Slow, for a POSEr
Black Integra-weak,AND...
the SUPRA... that couldn't handle the maxima train, after Hiroshi tailed his *** for 1/4 of a mile, he goosed out and spun his *** while all three of us blew by him!

as for us three drivers, nabil and hiroshi drove EXCELLENT!!
the bad part was in session three, hiroshi's porterfields disintergrated and he skidded off the track, which left me and the grand master to dook it out.. i was on his *** for the
whole time, so finally, he let me by him and i was showing my stuff... unfortunately for me, i was taking a straight way too fast (98) and braked just too hard, too late, and the
rear flung out like a biatch, and i ended up going sideways into the dirt.. scared the bejezzus outta me! so after that, i just called it quits..

nabil burned off his porterfields, and i was a ghost, and hiroshi had no brakes, so for the fourth and final session, we just sat it out..

overall, this day was one hellva experience.. i loved it! thanks for all those that came out to support us, and next time, if any of u socal/norcal guys can come out, please do. it is
one experience you don't want to miss..;0

picts are here
http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~cheston/ButtonWillow

--cheston
Old 08-28-2000, 09:11 AM

Sweeeeeet!! Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Thanks for the pics Cheb!