General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Toronto Dealer Will Back Up Warranty With SC Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 01:57 PM

This dealer will back up their work on all modifications done through them.

Stillen Supercharger: $7,250.00
State you are from the
Maxima Forum: $6,880.61

Parts, Labour, Shipping: $7,995.00

Taxes (#$%^&* Can't avoid) $1,199.25

Total: $9,194.25

WARRANTY WILL NOT BE VOIDED!!

This is a rare find so lets not do anything to make them reconsider this great service.

Everything is in canadian funds.
If you are in the Toronto area and want more info send me an e-mail and I'll send all relevant info.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:06 PM

Are you talking about Alta Nissan in Woodbridge?? I wouldn't buy from them because they are a rip off.
Originally posted by bramirez
This dealer will back up their work on all modifications done through them.

Stillen Supercharger: $7,250.00
State you are from the
Maxima Forum: $6,880.61

Parts, Labour, Shipping: $7,995.00

Taxes (#$%^&* Can't avoid) $1,199.25

Total: $9,194.25

WARRANTY WILL NOT BE VOIDED!! arty:

This is a rare find so lets not do anything to make them reconsider this great service.

Everything is in canadian funds.
If you are in the Toronto area and want more info send me an e-mail and I'll send all relevant info.
Old 08-22-2001, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by Nathan
Are you talking about Alta Nissan in Woodbridge?? I wouldn't buy from them because they are a rip off.
I have dealt with their service and I will not argue with you there. Along the the lines of bad service, also stay away from St. Clair Nissan. Service Manager (or rather, the owner -Mike-) believes (and has stated) that he is not responsible for the vehicle. He just sells it Any serious issue you may have with your vehicle you should take up with Nissan Canada. He is just there for the money and once it's sold he will be very reluctant to help you with your car issues.

I have spoken with this dealer and they will back up their work. If you are serious about modifying your ride and still keep your warranty send me an e-mail and I'll give you all relavant info (Members in the Toronto and surrounding area only)
Old 08-22-2001, 08:44 PM

bramirez, I've been talking to Eugene and he told me which dealer. It's actually only a 10 minute drive from my house. One of the guys in my club (Patrick) use to work for them and he got all of his mods done there.

I have dealt with their service and I will not argue with you there. Along the the lines of bad service, also stay away from St. Clair Nissan. Service Manager (or rather, the owner -Mike-) believes (and has stated) that he is not responsible for the vehicle. He just sells it Any serious issue you may have with your vehicle you should take up with Nissan Canada. He is just there for the money and once it's sold he will be very reluctant to help you with your car issues.

I have spoken with this dealer and they will back up their work. If you are serious about modifying for ride and still keep your warranty send me an e-mail and I'll give you all relavant info (Members in the Toronto and surrounding area only)
Old 08-22-2001, 09:28 PM

Dude, you're ****ing NUTS if you pay that. If you do though, more power to you. If I were you, I'd make friends with some people in NY, get a used, or new one from Phuong, ship it over there, go down one weekend, and have it installed .. I guess the warranty is of some value, but there's no way a SC is worth paying $3000 extra of various crap (standard, being $3500 US + install * 150% for exchange .. ie, round $6000)
Old 08-22-2001, 09:34 PM

for $9000 something why don't you just buy an used CRX and do vtec swap in it adn a couple other things, it'll probably be around $9000 and will be as fast as SCed maxima
+ you get a second car!
Old 08-23-2001, 08:54 AM

Re: ...

Originally posted by ereet
Dude, you're ****ing NUTS if you pay that. If you do though, more power to you. If I were you, I'd make friends with some people in NY, get a used, or new one from Phuong, ship it over there, go down one weekend, and have it installed .. I guess the warranty is of some value, but there's no way a SC is worth paying $3000 extra of various crap (standard, being $3500 US + install * 150% for exchange .. ie, round $6000)
Stillen has the SC advertised at $4,351.32. Who knows or where can you get it for $3,500.00? Phuong? That's a great price. Anyways, if the SC goes for $6,000 you have to add $1,000.00 for labour plus taxes it's coming close to $8,000.00 Cdn. That's about $1,000.00 in savings from the price I quoted. At the beginning of your message I got the idea that you could get the whole deal (parts+labour+taxes) way cheaper. If I could get the SC else where and save $1,000.00, excellent!! Otherwise I don't think any one in their right mind would compromise $1,000.00 for their three year bumper to bumper warranty (in my case, six years -ASP-)

I'm going to look Phuong up and see what deal I could get from him. Will he deliver to Canada?
Old 08-23-2001, 10:49 AM

Re: ...

Ereet, can you tell me how much you paid for you Alpine CDA-W550 headunit? Is this headunit the same size as the stock '99 headunit? Also, where did you buy it in T.O?

sorry for being off topic
Originally posted by ereet
Old 08-24-2001, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by costcowholesale
for $9000 something why don't you just buy an used CRX and do vtec swap in it adn a couple other things, it'll probably be around $9000 and will be as fast as SCed maxima
+ you get a second car!
Yeah, but it's not a SCed Maxima
Old 08-24-2001, 06:27 PM

Re: Re: ...

Stillen has the SC advertised at $4,351.32. Who knows or where can you get it for $3,500.00? Phuong? That's a great price. Anyways, if the SC goes for $6,000 you have to add $1,000.00 for labour plus taxes it's coming close to $8,000.00 Cdn. That's about $1,000.00 in savings from the price I quoted. At the beginning of your message I got the idea that you could get the whole deal (parts+labour+taxes) way cheaper. If I could get the SC else where and save $1,000.00, excellent!! Otherwise I don't think any one in their right mind would compromise $1,000.00 for their three year bumper to bumper warranty (in my case, six years -ASP-)

I'm going to look Phuong up and see what deal I could get from him. Will he deliver to Canada?
I'm all about the bargains .. I'd have half the stuff I have done, if I paid full price all the time. The price after canadian->US conversion is roughly $5250. That, combined with your own install, or install with help from a friend (or even a friend mechanic who'll give you a cheaper price), works out to roughly $6000. That's the same, $3000. And my warranties already up, so it looks like a bargain to me.

As for Got Rice and delivering it to canada, you'd be better off just letting Alta Nissan ripping you off, because the boarder will get you on that idea. My SC idea involves driving to NY, and having the install done there .. You may be able to convince Alta Nissan to get the SC through him however, but that can be tricky.

And Nathan, I paid bout $1000 for it. It was a little more than what it was available for at the time (I was quoted around $450 US), but I had them install it, and I was able to buy it locally (ie, no trip to NY) .. I picked it up from a place in Mississauga, however I can't remember the name All my purchases for audio (none? heh) are done through Audio 2 Go (in Mississauga) now. As with ALL car audio stores in the Toronto area, they will rip you off BAD if you don't know the right people in the store.
Old 08-26-2001, 09:25 AM

To anyone in the Toronto area and surroundings:

This dealer will mod your ride almost anyway you like without voiding your warranty. For service and sales this is the dealer to go to (not that I'm advertising for them, rather, looking out for our hard earned money).

It would be helpfull if this info could be posted as a sticky since we all know how hard it is to modify your ride and still keep your warranty.
Old 08-27-2001, 02:09 PM
BlkCat

If you can get that in writing about the warranty not being voided by the Nissan dealership then I'd go for it. Btw I installed my SC after the 3 years warranty passed.

In Vancouver my Nissan dealership will still take my money for regular maintenance but if it has anything to do with the mods I've put into it they won't touch it.

Last year in September I shopped around for places that has done Vortech installations. The dealerships I've phoned around have no experience with installing the SC so I went to the speed shops next. There were only two in Vancouver that I found to be competent. Of course neither had experience with the Maxima so I was their first "guinea pig". First two weeks of October, nearly 10 days later they had it done but the workmanship showed. Nothing beats experience! Mechanic's major complaint: extremely tight engine bay. Mechanic's first comment: its a beauty!
One-Time Bonus part: the speed shop underquoted the labour costs but told me that they'll honor the quoted cost they gave me despite the overrun. However, the next Max that wants an SC upgrade will get real world labour prices!

As for price I got it at about $3300.00 US from Kenny at Stillen. This was last year August! No duty, just the PST/GST, and UPS's cut on the brokerage fees. Total cost with the kit and the install I'm guestimating just over $7000.00 Cdn.

If the price is at $9194.25 Cdn then I would think about whether your bank account can take a hit like that. If thats no problem then go for it.

Then, if you've an auto Max, you'll need Don's VB mod next and a auto tranny cooler...

2nd SC'ed Max on the West Coast?
'98 Black SE auto w/ LSD
V2 Stillen SC
Don's VB Mod
B&M Supercooler
Stillen Body Kit
Courtesy Nissan FSTB & Clear Corners (rewired clear corners too)
Koni Sports (Yellow)
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
PIAA Superwhites

To come:
Blitz 2 stage BOV
Stillen Rear Sway Bar

Old 08-27-2001, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by BlkCat
If you can get that in writing about the warranty not being voided by the Nissan dealership then I'd go for it. Btw I installed my SC after the 3 years warranty passed.

In Vancouver my Nissan dealership will still take my money for regular maintenance but if it has anything to do with the mods I've put into it they won't touch it.

Last year in September I shopped around for places that has done Vortech installations. The dealerships I've phoned around have no experience with installing the SC so I went to the speed shops next. There were only two in Vancouver that I found to be competent. Of course neither had experience with the Maxima so I was their first "guinea pig". First two weeks of October, nearly 10 days later they had it done but the workmanship showed. Nothing beats experience! Mechanic's major complaint: extremely tight engine bay. Mechanic's first comment: its a beauty!
One-Time Bonus part: the speed shop underquoted the labour costs but told me that they'll honor the quoted cost they gave me despite the overrun. However, the next Max that wants an SC upgrade will get real world labour prices!

As for price I got it at about $3300.00 US from Kenny at Stillen. This was last year August! No duty, just the PST/GST, and UPS's cut on the brokerage fees. Total cost with the kit and the install I'm guestimating just over $7000.00 Cdn.

If the price is at $9194.25 Cdn then I would think about whether your bank account can take a hit like that. If thats no problem then go for it.

Then, if you've an auto Max, you'll need Don's VB mod next and a auto tranny cooler...

'98 Black SE auto w/ LSD
V2 Stillen SC
Don's VB Mod
B&M Supercooler
Stillen Body Kit
Koni Sports (Yellow)
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
PIAA Superwhites

To come:
Blitz 2 stage BOV
Stillen Rear Sway Bar

$3,300 US for the SC V2 is a great price!!
I have seen no threads with SCed Maximas and their 0-60 & 1/4 mile times. Please tell you have them (this will, ofcourse, encorouge me to get the SC sooner )
Old 08-27-2001, 02:34 PM
BlkCat

$3,300 US for the SC V2 is a great price!!
I have seen no threads with SCed Maximas and their 0-60 & 1/4 mile times. Please tell you have them (this will, ofcourse, encorouge me to get the SC sooner )
Remember, that price I got for the kit was from summer of last year. Kit prices have been going up and up. You can contact Phuong (Got Rice) and see if he can get it for you cheaper. Then all thats left is for you to locate a good speed shop to do the install.
I haven't had the chance to dyno it yet but my butt-o-meter says "Woohoo!!"

---------------------------------------
'98 Black SE auto w/ LSD
V2 Stillen SC
Don's VB Mod
B&M Supercooler
Stillen Body Kit
Koni Sports (Yellow)
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
PIAA Superwhites

To come:
Blitz 2 stage BOV
Stillen Rear Sway Bar