General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Ordered Stillen B pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 04:31 PM

today... it should be here next week. Meanwhile the Maxima is sitting parked. I choose the Stillen vs. Courtesy for a few reasons. Even though the stillen pipe was more expensive I still chose it. First off the Courtesy is on "national backorder." Second, after studying the designs of the courtesy vs. stillen unit I feel the stillen unit is a tad less restrictive as it also replaces the OE piece that houses the O2 sensor. Hopefully it wont be too loud as the stillen pipe does not have a resonator but frmo what I've read about the courtesy vs stillen if I keep the stock muffler it wont be too bad.
Old 08-23-2001, 06:18 PM

just wondering.. how much and where?
Old 08-23-2001, 07:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was about to order the stillen but...

I went to a muffler shop and had one custom made mandrel bent for $60. I thought that was a pretty good deal and the pipe looks good. It made my muffler really loud though. I might have to go with a 5th gen muffler.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:25 PM

Paid $235 direct from Stealin. I coulda probably shopped around, but I'm in need of this in a hurry, especially since the bike will be out for repairs.

I was thinking about doin that too but the nearest shop is quite a distance away, and I figure I'll just put the stillen unit on. I notice you have an aerospeed muffler as well. I just hope the car will not be extremely loud cause I'm sticking with the stock muffler. I like quiet cars but I will sacrifice some quietness for performance... and my stereo has the ***** to overpower the exhaust! :-)
Old 08-23-2001, 11:45 PM

i want to get one so bad but i have no money and have credit bill around $400...so i'm gonnna have to wait a little longer