General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Brighter Corner Post??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 04:49 PM

where is the post about makin brighter corners by clipping off some part of the bulb? can anyone link me or juss tell me how to do it?
Old 09-04-2001, 05:33 PM

The easiest way to do with out rewiring the light set up is as follows.

1> Remove the screws above the corner lamps.
2> Pull the lamps up and toward you. You will notice that there is a tab on the fender side of the lamp. This is plastice and will pop out with gentle movements.
3> Once you remove the plastic tabs from their position, you will see that the fixture is attached by a ball and socket assembly. Use a little wd-40 and pull it apart. Do not be afraid to give a good tug. It will go back on even easier now.
4> Remove the bulb.
5> On the metal part of the bulb there are two little nubs. One nub is higher up on the bulb than the other ( I mean it is closer to the glass part than the other).
6> Take a sharp pocket knife an carefully cut off the HIGHER nub.
7> re-install the bulb backwards. I had to try it a few times before I figured out which way was backwards. This does work.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2001, 05:34 PM

This is what you do::

Take our the corner light housing. Do this by first removing the screw on the top. Then pull the corner housing out towards you as much as you can. Then light a flashlight towards the part where the corner light housing meets the headlight housing. You should see a little black **** going into a socket. Take a thin flat screwdriver between the black **** and its socket. Twist the screwdriver, and the black **** should pop out and you should be able to remove your clearance light housing.

Then take out the bulb from the housing. After you take out the bulb, you should see a black plate with two silver 'blobs'. These are the connectors that give electrcity to the bulb. Now each of these connectors join to each filament on the bulb. One filament is 8W while the other is 27W. You want the 27W filament to be connected.

Take out that black plate safely from the housing. Try not to crack it. Then once you can see the wires that are connected to it from the behind, take note of which blob the wire is connected to. Mark the other blob ( the ones that not connected ). Now desolder the wire from the first blob, and solder it to the other blob. Now you should have voltage going to the 27W filament. Now reassemble everything and it should work.

For reference, check out the how-to on www.maximadriver.com
It's a great site that has tons of how-tos for the Max. Bookmark it. Read it. Learn it.