General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Oil pressure gauge sender location, besides

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 08:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is their any other spot to put an oil pressure sender besides the spot where the factory sender is? I already have the SC oil feed line taped into that location and dont want to put a bunch of T fittings down their because I fear that they might get ripped off if I hit some junk on the road.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
Is their any other spot to put an oil pressure sender besides the spot where the factory sender is? I already have the SC oil feed line taped into that location and dont want to put a bunch of T fittings down their because I fear that they might get ripped off if I hit some junk on the road.
With mine i have it i the stock location but i think "theblue" said that he had a guy drill a new hole in the oil pan. Not sure though.
Old 09-05-2001, 10:48 AM

Matt...

I am having the same dillemma myself... Let's see what kind of responses you get to this thread
Old 09-05-2001, 11:11 AM

I think there are some taps on the lower block, but you would have to look thru the FSM to be sure. (I'm not sure what kinda pressure reading you would get from it.

One more T won't hurt anything, you might have to be creative and run a short SS line from the OEM fitting, to a distribution block, and tap off of that to each other fitting (gauge, S/C oiler)...

Hell, now you don't even have to be creative!
Old 09-05-2001, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Don in Texas
I think there are some taps on the lower block, but you would have to look thru the FSM to be sure. (I'm not sure what kinda pressure reading you would get from it.

One more T won't hurt anything, you might have to be creative and run a short SS line from the OEM fitting, to a distribution block, and tap off of that to each other fitting (gauge, S/C oiler)...

Hell, now you don't even have to be creative!
Yea, thanks Don.