General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

they said my 99 maxima has an VG engine in it, almost got into a fight

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 03:39 PM

that came from a NISSAN DEALER!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE STUPID, I asked for an air filter for 99 maxima and it said VG30DE maxima on the package so I said I wanted an VQ30DE one and he said" YOU DON'T HAVE AN VQ ENGINE, ONLY THE 2000+ HAS THEM" then I just kept sayign it does and that stupid parts/service guy just keeping saying I have an VG, man am I ****, never going to www.villagenissan.com again.
Old 09-08-2001, 03:43 PM

hahahah!! they are soo stupid! But in their computer they should have the record of your Maxima and it hsould say VQ.

Anyway..just take them to your car, open the hood, and show them where it says VQ30DE!! Or show them the manual!

Goto Agincourt Nissan, they are knowledgable.
Old 09-08-2001, 03:45 PM

its the big old guy with glasses in the pic
Old 09-08-2001, 03:53 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by costcowholesale
That old geezer is an embarrassment to Maxima owners everywhere.
Old 09-08-2001, 03:54 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

ohh man, such ****ing morons.... Let me tell you about problems I had with my 93 SE which had the "VE" engine only on the 92-94 "SE" models, all other 3rd gens had VGs... anyways... I had wrong spark plugs put in, wrong tranny was delivered, they said it would take 2 days when I blew my tranny, they were going to take my old one out and bring in another rebuilt one and put it in my car.. needless to say they brought in a tranny that wouldn't fit (ofcourse) because it was for the VG and the shop owners asked me "did you switch your engine?" hahaha. so they took that tranny back and I had to wait around a week to have mine rebuilt and put back in......
When I was getting my CV axles done they put in some other axles for the VG max I would guess, when they lowered the car back down and tried to put it in reverse it didn't go no where! I got ****ed thinking there goes my tranny, these idiots screwed my car up.. So they got it back up and then called the dealer and took those CV axles back, the mechanics had a conference about it and i think 1 guy mentioned they are different.. The axle was like 1 inch shorter for the VG then my VE.. Basically I had nothing but problems with mechanics when they check out my Maxima, the dealer I don't even want to talk about... they never knew a thing about VTC assemblies as I was talking about them clicking which is a common problem with my engine. Then I came to Staten Island Nissan to get a diagnostic done to find the cause for my poor fuel economy. The service guy asked if I had a tune up done, then said it's because my car is 8 years old and I need to try a different grade of gasoline... I was getting 13 mpg, how would grade of gas effect it..

I now try to do what I can myself, I trust he @home .org mechanics more then those dummies. seems like Nissan hires a bunch of rookies with 1 or 2 experienced mechanics, which only service the leased or new vehicles, the rest of them they couldn't care less about.....
Old 09-08-2001, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack

That old geezer is an embarrassment to Maxima owners everywhere.

yeah thats why I went to their website and posted his pic up.

NYCe: he could have said it'll work on my VQ too but instead he said I got an VG, I don't know if I'll ever go back to that place for service again, On the other hand, the salesman who sold the maxima to my family was very knowledgable, he knew all his nissan stuff, VQ, 255hp, 6spd LSD, SE-R/altima relase date/price + its 20% off if I get him to buy the parts for me too bad he wasn't in.
Old 09-08-2001, 04:15 PM

another pic!

hes the tall old man on the left in case you couldn't tell from the last one
Old 09-08-2001, 04:27 PM

another pic!

hes the tall old man on the left in case you couldn't tell from the last one
That bag needs to retire.
Old 09-08-2001, 04:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That bag needs to retire.
exactly. What an incompetent old dude.
Old 09-08-2001, 05:28 PM
EZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I bought an air filter for my 96 max and it says the VG and the VQ both use the same air filter. But he should have told you that
Old 09-08-2001, 05:31 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

you would be surprised how much nissan employees don't know about nissans
Old 09-08-2001, 07:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Kind of reminded me of some Stillen employees.

I'm not really surprise by this. My local Nissan dealer has incompetent employees too. I remember one of the employee at the parts department asked me, "is your the NA Maxima or the Twin Turbo Maxima?" I was like, "huh? I think you got the Maxima mess up with the 300ZX." Then, he told me he'll double check. What a fool!
Old 09-08-2001, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot
Kind of reminded me of some Stillen employees.

I'm not really surprise by this. My local Nissan dealer has incompetent employees too. I remember one of the employee at the parts department asked me, "is your the NA Maxima or the Twin Turbo Maxima?" I was like, "huh? I think you got the Maxima mess up with the 300ZX." Then, he told me he'll double check. What a fool!
Hahahahahahahahahhaahahahaha....

now that's rich

....he'll double check....HA !
Old 09-08-2001, 08:55 PM

Hahahahahahahahahhaahahahaha....

now that's rich

....he'll double check....HA !
you should have told him 3 turbos!!!
Old 09-09-2001, 02:46 PM

thats so funny that you took pictures of them and they actually posed for the pic... did they ask why you took the pic? tell them youre gonna send it to uglypeople.com haha
Old 09-09-2001, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by JoesMAX
thats so funny that you took pictures of them and they actually posed for the pic... did they ask why you took the pic? tell them youre gonna send it to uglypeople.com haha
I wish I took their pictures!, I tok them off their website http://www.villagenissan.com
Old 09-09-2001, 03:04 PM

school system / toronto

Maybe when they were teaching the alphabet this tech blanked out after G.

Seriously, though, tell us it was a tech that said that, not the service manager. There are various level of techs and on the weekends you get the dregs. Better to find a dealer that opens late in the week.
Old 09-09-2001, 11:15 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

that came from a NISSAN DEALER!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE STUPID, I asked for an air filter for 99 maxima and it said VG30DE maxima on the package so I said I wanted an VQ30DE one and he said" YOU DON'T HAVE AN VQ ENGINE, ONLY THE 2000+ HAS THEM" then I just kept sayign it does and that stupid parts/service guy just keeping saying I have an VG, man am I ****, never going to www.villagenissan.com again.
Only in your wildest fantasies would you have the all mighty VG.................
Old 09-10-2001, 05:00 AM

I spemt some time this weekend looking at Altimas for my girlfriend. One dealer insisted the car was a GLE when it actually was an SE. I had to stop and show him the simple cosmetic differences that show you(assuming someone didn't take all the chrome off and add fog lights and white guages). And then another dealer said they had the 2002 6-Speed Maxima in. I asked him twice and he still said yeah, go find one out back and you can take it for a test spin. I believed him because this dealership had the X-Terra 3 months before anyone else in NE. So, suffice it to say I spent half an hour looking at over a hundred Max's and didn't find one manual. Bastards getting my hopes up!
Old 09-10-2001, 12:57 PM
is invisible

Almost got into a fight?

Then why are you smiling and shaking his hand? Or did you get into a fight and making up afterwards?

Old 09-10-2001, 01:26 PM

Re: Almost got into a fight?

Originally posted by CoolMax

Then why are you smiling and shaking his hand? Or did you get into a fight and making up afterwards?

thats not me do that guy look 16??? hehe, I just took some pics off their offical site to show you who that dumba$$ was
Old 09-10-2001, 02:21 PM

Re: Re: Almost got into a fight?

thats not me do that guy look 16??? hehe, I just took some pics off their offical site to show you who that dumba$$ was

sweet dude your 16 ? I thought you were like 35 b/c your all "costco." and stuff.
Old 09-10-2001, 03:45 PM
Granny Driven

Re: Re: Re: Almost got into a fight?

sweet dude your 16 ? I thought you were like 35 b/c your all "costco." and stuff.
ye whats up with "costco" they let 16 year olds work there.
Old 09-10-2001, 06:31 PM

Most people that works at Costco Canada is in the 20 range, very few 30+. Anyways I don't work there, but I used to shop there $2000 a week