General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

IMPORTFEST toronto pics + long text

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2001, 09:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

IMPORTFEST toronto pics + long text

YAY! I have now completed my first ever car show.

For those who can't read , here is the link for the photos: http://www.rit.edu/~aab8398/car/webIMPORTFEST/index.htm

I was invited by all the toronto guys to enter importfest as a club and at first I said no because I really didn't think that my car was good enough. After lots of emails I agreed because I thought it would just be fun.

Friday.

I leave Rochester, NY at 10AM and head towards toronto to stop at Grant(5litrekiller)'s place to wash and detail out cars. I find out that he had just paid for a professional job while I was covered in mud from when I got stuck in at school (create your own parking space day ) We got our cars back to his place and he details the inside while I went to town on my exterior. After a while, mine looked good, but his looked great (custom black paint with gold flakes looks amazing and is hard to see in the photos).

Then we went to the FAMOUS budget exhaust (which is only a small two bay garage deal) and Grant picked up a rear sway bar. I really was expecting some huge custom car shop like in F&F, but it was very simple.

Then we drove to downtown and Grant(#2) [not a maxima.org member] arrived with his NA SMX maxima. We had time to kill so we walked around T.O. and went to eat. Eugene (ohboyia <- wrong spelling) picked up his 2002 HIDs that I transported from the US and we all talked cars etc for a while. After this the two grants and I (3 black maximas) drove around T.O. for a while then headed to the show.

Midnight (start of saturday).

We arrive outside the Toronto Skydome and were placed in a parking lot outside with all the other modded cars. They were telling people that you would not be able to go inside unless you had LESS than 1/4 of a tank of gas. Grant (5litrekiller had just filled up). Some people were reving their engines in an attempt to kill off gas (not was smart). Then Daniel arrived with his 2000 SE 7.5psi stillen V1 supercharged, Spoilers etc bodykit (and lots more) car and all the maximas were there with the exception of Nathan. We were going to have 4 black maximas and one white SC. We had to wait in the parking lot until atleast 3am. We ended up just going in with all the gas and they never checked. We spent the next 2-3 hours detailing our cars and checking out what all the other cars were doing.

6 - 10 AM - Sleep back at grant #2's place.

11AM The Show.

The show was great... there were tons of people walking around checking out all of our cars and I had a lot of questions about my interior. The two grants where both blasting their systems and once in a while we would fire up one of the maximas and rev a little (which got us in trouble)

-- Grant (5litre) reving his duals exhaust would bring 50 people over
-- Daniel's Blow off valve would bring even more
-- Mine stopped my battery from going dead so that I could run my neons.

4AM The Street Racing

Grant #2 and I went to his suburb of T.O. because he had some friends who needed to see my car. We went to a deserted industrial road and found the others. Every time I asked if somebody wanted to race a maxima - "A maxima - well ok then" (thinking I was a joke)

Integra Type R (mild mods) - Close but i won 2 of 3 races (missed a gear)

Newer prelude (heavy mods) - very close but I won (they were getting ****ed)

Corrado G60 - Didn't have time to race.
Tiberon (heavy, heavy mods) - no time to race
and several others.

OK I have had no sleep so I'm going to crash - enjoy the pics and throw out some questions if you have any

[url]http://www.rit.edu/~aab8398/car/webIMPORTFEST/index.htm[url]
Old 09-30-2001, 09:29 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

cool

sounds like fun.. I'd like to see more pics though

LMAO @ people revving their engines to kill gas.
Old 09-30-2001, 09:36 PM
PhatGuy

Awesome post!!! Hehehe those Toronto guys brought you in as a ringer to represent the Maxima's!

Old 10-01-2001, 03:11 AM

Aaron,

Were these guys u raced the 3 silver amigos (friends of Grant)?

E
Old 10-01-2001, 05:29 AM

Originally posted by ohboiya
Aaron,

Were these guys u raced the 3 silver amigos (friends of Grant)?

E
yeah.. and you would have a good shot at them if you can get traction.
Old 10-02-2001, 07:13 AM

bump
Old 10-02-2001, 09:40 AM
PhatGuy

Need more pics!

Got more pics of the Maxima's anyone? Blue were you the only one running your Max against those guys? No Max Vs Max? Any highway runs? Who won awards?

Old 10-02-2001, 09:52 AM

Re: Need more pics!

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Got more pics of the Maxima's anyone? Blue were you the only one running your Max against those guys? No Max Vs Max? Any highway runs? Who won awards?
those are all the pics I took... I didn't have a chance to race any maximas but I didn't really care because I was there to lay the beatdown on the honduhs (which I have respect for, I just like a little competition)... they were taken to school and will never say "race a maxima?" in the same tone again.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:04 AM
PhatGuy

mebeep

Originally posted by theblue
they were taken to school and will never say "race a maxima?" in the same tone again.

Old 10-02-2001, 01:35 PM
RedLightning

hey!!!!!

Nobody's mentioning the SR20DET powered 240SX$?#!??!% It's a Nissan, too... hehehe... and it (in its newly installed form) should be able to run at least a high 13...

- Ed.
"the geeky looking Chinese kid with glasses."

Old 10-02-2001, 01:40 PM

What do you mean by NA SMX max? what does SMX comes with/isn't it SCed? The only thing I saw was bumpin stereo in the back of his trunk and a big SMX sticker on the back
Old 10-02-2001, 05:14 PM

Re: hey!!!!!

Originally posted by RedLightning
Nobody's mentioning the SR20DET powered 240SX$?#!??!% It's a Nissan, too... hehehe... and it (in its newly installed form) should be able to run at least a high 13...

- Ed.
"the geeky looking Chinese kid with glasses."
I got a picture of it in there...
Old 10-02-2001, 05:16 PM

Originally posted by costcowholesale
What do you mean by NA SMX max? what does SMX comes with/isn't it SCed? The only thing I saw was bumpin stereo in the back of his trunk and a big SMX sticker on the back
this is what I'm trying to verify... as far as we can tell its a real SMX without an SC... but I want to know how to verify if it is or not... I guess I'll make a new post on the topic
Old 10-02-2001, 06:35 PM

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! DUDE!!!!I SAW YOU ON FRIDAY. I was at the Argos game friday night and after I went outside and all the cars pulled up so I stayed to watch them and I saw like 3 4thgen Maximas pull up. LOL I was going to talk to you but then I went home because it was too late.
Old 10-02-2001, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by DieselFX82
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! DUDE!!!!I SAW YOU ON FRIDAY. I was at the Argos game friday night and after I went outside and all the cars pulled up so I stayed to watch them and I saw like 3 4thgen Maximas pull up. LOL I was going to talk to you but then I went home because it was too late.
what! next time you better stop and say hello... there were so many SICK cars in that parking lot... evyerbody was reving and showing their ****... i did a long *** burnout across the whole thing...
Old 10-02-2001, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by theblue
what! next time you better stop and say hello... there were so many SICK cars in that parking lot... evyerbody was reving and showing their ****... i did a long *** burnout across the whole thing...

Still luv that polished look in your engine bay! sa-weet!
Old 10-02-2001, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by ohboiya
Still luv that polished look in your engine bay! sa-weet!
for 8 hours of work by hand it had better look good!
Old 10-02-2001, 07:10 PM

Yeah I heard alot of tire sueeling that night. I was standing at gate #5 and a S2000 stops infront of me revs up and lights up his tires..Very nice. Next time your in town for sure I will stop by.
Old 10-03-2001, 08:00 PM

You shocked all of us, including the Max drivers, with your wins. Then again, so did the Hyundai!

Any tickets on the way back? Hope you put your regulator back and didn't e-brake your remaining turns!

Old 10-03-2001, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by MaXXX
You shocked all of us, including the Max drivers, with your wins. Then again, so did the Hyundai!

Any tickets on the way back? Hope you put your regulator back and didn't e-brake your remaining turns!

nope... its all good... I'm no joke... racing requires practice... I really would have ruled those guys if I had known how to launch on the street the wayI do at the track... Their expressions were priceless
Old 10-03-2001, 11:00 PM
PhatGuy

A Hyundai beat a modded Type R? Dayum is that for real? Was he on the baby bottle with rice juice?

Originally posted by MaXXX

Old 10-03-2001, 11:48 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would they not allow you in with lots of gas?
Old 10-04-2001, 05:51 AM

Originally posted by Weasel
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would they not allow you in with lots of gas?
fire hazard
Old 10-04-2001, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by costcowholesale
The SMX is just a Stillen tuned Maxima. The SC was an option.
Old 10-04-2001, 11:24 AM

Looked like fun!