General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Automatic window buttons

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Stock Airbox Supporter #3

Automatic window buttons

is there any way to put automatic window buttons on the driver door. like for the passenger and rear windws? will that fit?
Old 10-06-2007, 12:21 PM

my guesse is that the auto-down feature on the driver's door uses a special circuit board with a couple of special relays that attach to it so that the electric current continues running even when u depress the button. its very possible to wire the other doors the same way, however, if u are not an electrical genious, then my guesse is you would need to get an electrical guru to wire the other doors the same way the drivers door is wired....... also this could prove very time consuming and expensive. not to mention you'll probably need to purchase the correct relay switches and controls and wiring as well..... so i dont know , it'll be an interesting mod but it might prove to be difficult. oh and you might have to change the actual power window buttons too...because the drivers door switch is alittle different because you can feel how it goes down alittle further than the other ones to activate the auto-feature,, the other switches i notice dont do that. my 2k2 max has the auto down/up feature on the 2 front windows.. i dont really care if the back windows dont have it because they only go half-way down anyway...

Last edited by seby86; 10-06-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:39 PM

You could, actually I would suggest someone (maybe I'll do it one of these days) looking into the BMW window switches that have auto down AND auto up. it's a switch that has two modes, push a little and it's just window down, push again and it activates another cirucit. now I'm not sure if the newer cars use optical encoders to know the position of the window, but I know in older cars, there was a circuit that monitored current draw from the window motor, when the window was all the way closed, or all the way open, and the motor still tried to turn, it would pull a higher current and the circuit would see this and turn off the motor.

It's a very easy circuit, and if someone's willing to try it I'll make the schematic for it. (I'm an engineering tech/student)
Old 01-12-2008, 05:08 PM

It may be a unique thing to do...

but why?
putting down the window only takes about... 2 seconds?
i'd just press my finger on the switch that long instead of trying to mod the switches to do it automatically.

find out how much it would cost or what it would take, and i'll drive with u and roll down ur windows AT HALF PRICE
Old 01-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Stock Airbox Supporter #3

did you guys also know abaout our knighr rider feature? if you press the unlock button on the key fob four times and hold it after the 4th time the windows roll down while you are outside the whip. its pretty sick
Old 01-14-2008, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by aporozco
did you guys also know abaout our knighr rider feature? if you press the unlock button on the key fob four times and hold it after the 4th time the windows roll down while you are outside the whip. its pretty sick
i thought that if u just hold the unlock button it does that. only the front windows tho