General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

MAN!!! Just got pulled over..........

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 08:07 PM

MAN!!! Just got pulled over..........

Well, I just got done working out, and I had my red neon lights on. So a cop passes me, and slows down, so I knew I was screwed, so I went ahead and turned the lights off. He pulled over on the side of the road, and then as soon as I passed him, he came behind me and pulled me over. He gets out and asked to see my license and insurance, so I gave it to him. I asked what he was pulling me over for, and he said becuase I have red lights in the front of my car (neon tube and bumper lights). I was pretty ****ed then, and on top of that my insurance card was expired!! I had no idea that it was, I totally forgot about it. He gave me TWO damn tickets, one for the lights, and one for expired insurance. I know the insurance one can get dismissed, but I was ****ed about the lights one. I tryed everything to get out of it. I told him that I had no idea that they were illegal, and told him that I get them for my brithyday. He still gave me both tickets. Man I am soo ****ed.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dude, that sux, our cops are so gay
Old 10-23-2001, 08:25 PM

Sorry to hear that. Cops are *******s. I don't think getting tickets for your neons was called for. A warning would of done it. Anyways fight it in court and maybe you'll win. Good Luck
Old 10-23-2001, 08:40 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

did he see your red neons when you had them on? still... it's messed up that he gives you a ticket for all that stuff.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by KrZyMaX
did he see your red neons when you had them on? still... it's messed up that he gives you a ticket for all that stuff.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he saw them, becuase he said something about it.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaxDriver98
Sorry to hear that. Cops are *******s. I don't think getting tickets for your neons was called for. A warning would of done it. Anyways fight it in court and maybe you'll win. Good Luck
The next time a cop saves your life or someone else's or get's killed in the line of duty protecting your's and your neighbors life, I'm sure you won't be calling them *******s. They are just doing their job, leave them alone.

BTW...this is Off Topic.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:11 PM

Thats why on the package of the neons it say for off road only
Old 10-23-2001, 09:21 PM

i just wish cops would only concentrate on those serious things, i guess they get bored and have to get the little guy in trouble for doing something that shouldnt even be against the law in the first place
Old 10-23-2001, 09:23 PM
pjalst

Originally posted by MaxDriver98
Yeah cops should let us drive whatever speed we want. Thay should let us run red lights and stop sings. I even wish cops would let us blast our radio in a school zone during the day. I really think they should let us murder people to.

Old 10-23-2001, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by pjalst

Yeah cops should let us drive whatever speed we want. Thay should let us run red lights and stop sings. I even wish cops would let us blast our radio in a school zone during the day. I really think they should let us murder people to.
See he's got the right idea!
Old 10-23-2001, 09:46 PM

Originally posted by pjalst

me too
Old 10-23-2001, 09:52 PM

Please man...I'm not trying to be a ***** or add to the flames here, but you knew they were illegal when you got them. I know my window tint is illegal, it's just a chance you gotta take. Don't be mad at the police for doing their job. Using neon lights is distracting to other drivers, and not checking your own insurance is your own fault. The guy was just doing his job.

Don't think I'm trying to flame you or play daddy, it's just that a lot of people here (everywhere) hate the police for stuff that they cause. I have much respect for the cops.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:57 PM

Old 10-23-2001, 09:57 PM

Some of you people are just plain ignorant, stupid even. Yeah, saving peoples lives and giving out tickets for harmelss lights are the same. When someone is killed becuase of red lights, then I would agree. I dont understand how some cops could possibly be proud of their jobs. Of course, the majority are helping people by fighting crime. But there are cops who spend their day driving around,looking for teenagers with modded cars or people going 7 mph over the speed limit so that they can give them tickets. Are these people helping the community, or hurting the people who pay taxes for no reason at all? Why are having clear corners illegal? Why are some altezza lights illegal? Why is cold air intake illegal(CA)? Why are tinted windows illegal? This is all just bullsh!t. If this is the only way the police can make money, then why dont they just pull random people over and five them random tickets? Its basiclly the same thing. Whats next, a law against picking your nose while driving? Are there gonna be nose police? Sorry for venting, but some pigs smell like f*cking bacon.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:59 PM

stupid car laws:
speeding (to an extent)
clear lights
lowering
stereo loudness (as long as you can still hear traffic)
colored bulbs
aftermarket engine parts (that still pass emissions)
car loudness (exhaust)
using your blinker even when there are no cars around
disregarding a barricade, even if the street is open and the barricade just hasnt been picked up yet (theres a long story about that)
demonstration of speed(so they can limit how fast i go, but shouldnt care how quickly i get there right)
oh and dont forget tint
all kinds of things they should just leave me alone about, but if someone was swerving all over the place and causing other cars trouble, then by all means keep your eyes out, just dont bother with stupid stuff
Old 10-23-2001, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by TintDaMax
Some of you people are just plain ignorant, stupid even. Yeah, saving peoples lives and giving out tickets for harmelss lights are the same. When someone is killed becuase of red lights, then I would agree. I dont understand how some cops could possibly be proud of their jobs. Of course, the majority are helping people by fighting crime. But there are cops who spend their day driving around,looking for teenagers with modded cars or people going 7 mph over the speed limit so that they can give them tickets. Are these people helping the community, or hurting the people who pay taxes for no reason at all? Why are having clear corners illegal? Why are some altezza lights illegal? Why is cold air intake illegal(CA)? Why are tinted windows illegal? This is all just bullsh!t. If this is the only way the police can make money, then why dont they just pull random people over and five them random tickets? Its basiclly the same thing. Whats next, a law against picking your nose while driving? Are there gonna be nose police? Sorry for venting, but some pigs smell like f*cking bacon.
clear corners(blinkers arent illegal) the white bulbs are. in daylight you can not see a white bulb as well as a yellow. Therefor accidents happen. Altezzas? have you seen some of these as day time. They have very poor visablity. again accidents Tint? A cop has to see in your cal at all times , its for his protection.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:08 PM

my altezzas are good though, they can be seen, and i also have the two middle brake lights as well, though u do have a point about tint
Old 10-23-2001, 10:15 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Altezzas are DOT approved, its those clear rear tails that APC used to make(ie- for the early model Accords, etc. ) that were "for off road use only"....not only did they look like crap , but they seriously "blurred" the output of the brakelights...I even heard that one guy got the fault lifted from him after he rear ended a Civic with these particular tails...since thet weren't DOT and were obviously blurry, the guy claimed he couldn't see the guy in front was braking...long story short, the guy in the Civic was put at fault and the one who rear ended him got off scott free!
Old 10-23-2001, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by Kashoggio

clear corners(blinkers arent illegal) the white bulbs are. in daylight you can not see a white bulb as well as a yellow. Therefor accidents happen. Altezzas? have you seen some of these as day time. They have very poor visablity. again accidents Tint? A cop has to see in your cal at all times , its for his protection.
According to the expert traffic cop that gave me the ticket, even orange lights are illegal when you have clear corners. The reason i was given tickets for the altezas was because there is this law that some pig invented that says you have to have at least 3 inches of clear housing on the rear sides of your car. The maxima altezzas dont have that. And tint? What, the pig has to know whether im picking my nose or not? His protection? If he didnt pull me over for something so stupid he wouldnt have to worry about it. And im not basing this on just incidents that involved my car. There have been a whole lot of other times that have made me lose faith in the police. Therefore, i stand by my statement of f*ck the Po Po
Old 10-23-2001, 10:24 PM

According to the expert traffic cop that gave me the ticket, even orange lights are illegal when you have clear corners. The reason i was given tickets for the altezas was because there is this law that some pig invented that says you have to have at least 3 inches of clear housing on the rear sides of your car. The maxima altezzas dont have that. And tint? What, the pig has to know whether im picking my nose or not? His protection? If he didnt pull me over for something so stupid he wouldnt have to worry about it. And im not basing this on just incidents that involved my car. There have been a whole lot of other times that have made me lose faith in the police. Therefore, i stand by my statement of f*ck the Po Po
Sorry, want to clarify. I wrote clear housing, but i meant either red or amber housing. I told the pig the altezzaes were DOT and SAE approved, but you know how pigs are. Im just a whiney teenager who doesnt know anything. So i got the tickets anyway
Old 10-23-2001, 10:26 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Therefore, i stand by my statement of f*ck the Po Po
I'm no big fan of the popo either, I been harrased(too many times to count), pulled over for colored bulbs, my innocent cousin was even by PG county cops(the most brutal cops in MD), but I don't generalize them at all....just face the facts there are good cops and bad cops, some are *******s and trivialize over stupid **** and others are cool as beans and glad to do their job!

but I'm sure you wouldn't be saying "**** the popo" if someone stole your car or ran up in your house and robbed you....I guess you wouldn't call those "******* pigs" for that right??
Old 10-23-2001, 10:30 PM

yeah you might be doing nothing but the next guy he pulls over with tint might be pulling out a gun and the cop wont even know it. That why it is illeal for you to have dark tint on the front side windows. Before you talk smack, think about it. Everyone *****es about the cops and the laws. If you dont like it try to have them changed. There are law in life so society can function. People have problems with having orange bulbs in their car or getting tickets for having red neons which they knew were illegal. But no ones gets up and does anything about it. I for one dont have a problem. I have tint on my car and I wont cry if I get a ticket for it.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:32 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

I'm no big fan of the popo either, I been harrased(too many times to count), pulled over for colored bulbs, my innocent cousin was even by PG county cops(the most brutal cops in MD), but I don't generalize them at all....just face the facts there are good cops and bad cops, some are *******s and trivialize over stupid **** and others are cool as beans and glad to do their job!

but I'm sure you wouldn't be saying "**** the popo" if someone stole your car or ran up in your house and robbed you....I guess you wouldn't call those "******* pigs" for that right??

Dood, did you even read my post? I agree with you 100%. There are good cops and there are bad cops. But the bad cops give the good cops a bad name. Its a shame that over here in California it seems there are more and more bad cops. Its really a shame. Did you see Training Day? J/K that was a joke.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:35 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

There are good cops and there are bad cops.
so why generalize and say "**** the popo"...that means all cops....I feel what you're saying but still when you say it like you said it, that means all of them are *******s, etc.!
Old 10-23-2001, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by Kashoggio
yeah you might be doing nothing but the next guy he pulls over with tint might be pulling out a gun and the cop wont even know it. That why it is illeal for you to have dark tint on the front side windows. Before you talk smack, think about it. Everyone *****es about the cops and the laws. If you dont like it try to have them changed. There are law in life so society can function. People have problems with having orange bulbs in their car or getting tickets for having red neons which they knew were illegal. But no ones gets up and does anything about it. I for one dont have a problem. I have tint on my car and I wont cry if I get a ticket for it.
You have a good point about tint. I can see why that is a law, but cmon, wrong colored lights? If it were possible to change the laws, then maybe I would try. Im just a dumb teenager and there arent enough people who would agree with me anyway. Not because they think its wrong, because they dont care. You think these laws could be changed anyway? How are the police going to make their money?
Old 10-23-2001, 10:45 PM

so why generalize and say "**** the popo"...that means all cops....I feel what you're saying but still when you say it like you said it, that means all of them are *******s, etc.!
i think I make that generalization because ive never actually had a good experienxe with a police officer. I posted this somewhere else, so i wont give all the details, but ive had shotguns pointed at my head, for doing absolutley nothing wrong. So you can see why i really dont like the police. When they help me or do something positive, then maybe I will change my opinions.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:45 PM

Sorry, want to clarify. I wrote clear housing, but i meant either red or amber housing. I told the pig the altezzaes were DOT and SAE approved, but you know how pigs are. Im just a whiney teenager who doesnt know anything. So i got the tickets anyway
Just to clarify things even more...DOT and SAE do not, repeat do not approve automotive products, OEM or aftermarket...they set standards and companies are suppose to abide by those standards for products to be "street legal." So the term DOT/SAE approved or certified is incorrect and actually is a blatant lie...it should state meets DOT/SAE standards...
Old 10-23-2001, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by Gotrice4

Just to clarify things even more...DOT and SAE do not, repeat do not approve automotive products, OEM or aftermarket...they set standards and companies are suppose to abide by those standards for products to be "street legal." So the term DOT/SAE approved or certified is incorrect and actually is a blatant lie...it should state meets DOT/SAE standards...
So the Maxima altezzas dont meet DOT/SAE standards?
Old 10-23-2001, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by Gotrice4

you are right jsut because a company says its DOT does not mean its legal
Old 10-23-2001, 10:57 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

i think I make that generalization because ive never actually had a good experienxe with a police officer.
I understand you there too, I witnessd my cousin killed by the police after they thought he was a criminal they had been chasing....and of course they got off scott free even though 90% of the bullet wounds were in his back.... but I didn't hold a grudge against all cops, I held one against the two that killed him, but not against the rest of the police force...I don't generalize because you'll never know when you'll need someones help, or this case help from a "good cop"....
Old 10-23-2001, 11:02 PM

I understand you there too, I witnessd my cousin killed by the police after they thought he was a criminal they had been chasing....and of course they got off scott free even though 90% of the bullet wounds were in his back.... but I didn't hold a grudge against all cops, I held one against the two that killed him, but not against the rest of the police force...I don't generalize because you'll never know when you'll need someones help, or this case help from a "good cop"....
Man, thats just f*cked up. I have a lot of respect for you if you can still have faith in police. But, thats not me. I am normally a very open minded person, but when it comes to police I just dont feel like I can trust them. When i need a cops help is he going to shoot me in the back? Im glad that you can still respect the police, but right now, I cant. Especially after hearing your story.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:19 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

yeah, and no dount I undertsand why you hate them so much, cause they **** with you so much! cause a lot of people come to me and ask..."you still respect them after that??" I say "yes" because I refuse to be like them and stereotype them all as being "bad" like they do to me...at first it wasn't easy to see it like this, but I figure I come out as the better person. but anyways those two *******s that did this got what they deserved, but we won't go into detail about that! thats why I'm really so forgiving, becasue "what goes around, truly comes around"..... thats why I say its best not to generalize cause you'll never know when you'll need someones help!
Old 10-24-2001, 12:03 AM

[medicsonic]dont get mad at cops for doing their job[/medicsonic]
Old 10-24-2001, 01:12 AM

I stand by my comment that cops are *******s. Why? Yes they save lifes and that is a good thing. I respect all cops, but the fact is some of them go out and look for people to bother. How do I know this? My friend is a cop. Him and his partner go around looking for people to get. I was in the car once and they were saying stuff like *Hey that guy is going 5 miles over the speed limit LETS GET HIM* and they were having a good time. They even wanted to pull over a hooked up civic because they thought it was a stupid car. I thought it was pretty funny too, but if it was me I would be ****ed!

Running stop signs deserves a ticket 100%.
Running a red light you MUST get a ticket
Neons... NEONS ... warning! Ticket is pushing your powers.

I've lost respect for cops in my area because I live in an area where there is a sharp curve and there is an accident frequently. Last month a guy hit the railing and was ejected from his car. Police come and they spot him and walk away and check out his car instead. Nobody assisted him at all. If that was me I would sure love to have cops trying to help me instead of walking around.
Old 10-24-2001, 05:17 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

It seems many of you have the wrong idea of why cops are there and how they work. The officer does not make neons illegal. The government he works for does that. In reality, it is not up to the officer whether or not he has to enforce that law. He has sworn that he will uphold the laws, whether he persoanlly agrees with them or not. Every time you don't get pulled for little lame things, consider it a favor.

The cop only enforces the laws...he doesnt make them. Your anger is mis-directed.
Old 10-24-2001, 05:49 AM

Sheesh.. this was a wasted two minutes of my life...

Just suck it up and move on.. don't blame the cops for something you did wrong.
Old 10-24-2001, 06:24 AM

Some of you people are just plain ignorant, stupid even.
I agree.
Yeah, saving peoples lives and giving out tickets for harmelss lights are the same.
His job is to ticket those that break the law, simple as that.
When someone is killed becuase of red lights, then I would agree.
People have.
I dont understand how some cops could possibly be proud of their jobs.
Tell you what, move to Pakastan, I hear the cops over there don't care too much if you have red neons under your car.
Of course, the majority are helping people by fighting crime.
True.
But there are cops who spend their day driving around,looking for teenagers with modded cars or people going 7 mph over the speed limit so that they can give them tickets.
So you flame all officers because of the few that actually want to enforce all traffic laws?
Are these people helping the community, or hurting the people who pay taxes for no reason at all?
What the hell does this mean?
Why are having clear corners illegal?
They aren't if you have a yellow reflector on the front of your vehicle.
Why are some altezza lights illegal?
All of them aren't.
Why is cold air intake illegal(CA)?
Because it doesn't meet CARB requirements.
Why are tinted windows illegal?
They aren't. Over a certain percentage is.
This is all just bullsh!t.
Whatever, no its not.
If this is the only way the police can make money, then why dont they just pull random people over and five them random tickets?
They have to have a reason to pull you over. Displaying BRIGHT red lights on the outside of a non-emergency vehicle is a more than good enough reason.
Its basiclly the same thing.
No its not.
Whats next, a law against picking your nose while driving? Are there gonna be nose police?
Retard.
Sorry for venting, but some pigs smell like f*cking bacon. [/B]
I hope that you end up in some dark alley with people beating you up, and those 'PIGS' just stand there and watch you get the **** beat out of you. It'll serve you right.
Old 10-24-2001, 06:29 AM

Originally posted by black019
[medicsonic]dont get mad at cops for doing their job[/medicsonic]
Damn right, I'm sick of these retards that say '**** the police', because they aren't intelligent enough to follow laws.Morons. While we are at it, POLICE DON'T MAKR LAWS, they ENFORCE them. If you have a problem with them enforcing them, go and whine to your local politician, they are the ones that MAKE the laws.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 10-24-2001, 08:33 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Hey Greg-
:read below:

nuff said.

Quick Reply: MAN!!! Just got pulled over..........