General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Car Broken Into

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:20 PM

Car Broken Into

Well my 96 I30 was broken into. I was doing my usual thing on Saturdays- serving mass at church (yes, I'm an altar boy). I live in Cleveland and go to church at an inner city church in the "hood". Well, after church I hear one of the older nuns asking another elderly lady if she had a green car. The lady said no and then was told that a green car was broken into. Well, I knew it was my car since I know I have the only green car in the lot. I go outside and sure enough there is an officer and he walks me to my car. The scene that I see is my passenger side window busted out, glass everywhere, everything from the center console and dash was pulled out and thrown around, oh, and a winde bottle next to my car. The cop tells me that he heard the alarm going off and when he went to check he saw two guys run. He caught one but the other got away. The officer said they were two homeless guys and that the one quickly admitted to doing and said they were looking for money, but he wouldn't give up the other guys name. The officer said he also found my registration/title, insurance case thing about 20 ft away. Its the leather infiniti kind, so I guess they thought it was worth something? Well, all I was really told is that I have to go downtown on Monday and request to press charges. Well, I'm sure that is pointless since he is homeless (repeat: I live in Cleveland, his ID was from Georgia), but I'm gonna do it anyway. Well, so now I pretty much feel like my baby has been raped. No window, its been snowing lately, and I am kind of scared about my interior since live in a ****ty area (anyone ever heard of like leather seats being stolen or something of the sorts?). Also, I only have liability, so highly doubt the window is covered.
Side note: I do know the guys name and age. Most of the homeless people in this area seem to stick around one particular nieghborhood. I'm thinking I should take a few friends and go find him.

What would you guys do? Sorry about the venting, just pissed off right now.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by adamsanders
Side note: I do know the guys name and age. Most of the homeless people in this area seem to stick around one particular nieghborhood. I'm thinking I should take a few friends and go find him.

What would you guys do? Sorry about the venting, just pissed off right now.
BAD IDEA. I had a friend that got into a fight after an accident with the person that hit him. Didn't end up good and ended up even worse during the trial. Press charges on him, send him to jail and try to get your money out of it..btw-strange situation, i wouldn't think anyone in their right mind would rob a car parked at a church. Anyway, GL with it hope you get everything you can out of it.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:28 PM
wants an I35

wait. youre an alter boy who spends his saturdays at church - but wants to get a group of friends together to go **** up a homeless guy?

just press charges.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by ROCKART
wait. youre an alter boy who spends his saturdays at church - but wants to get a group of friends together to go **** up a homeless guy?

just press charges.
When did I say I was gonna **** him up? The thing is that if I press charges, what are the chances a homeless guy is gonna show up to court? If his ID is from GA, they won't be able to find him and he won't even be charged. He gets out of even having his wrists slapped
Old 12-08-2007, 04:41 PM
wants an I35

I'm thinking I should take a few friends and go find him.
??? to do what then? ask him if he hurt his hand breaking the glass? offer him a shower and a job? what
Old 12-08-2007, 04:54 PM

Probably that he should attend church and ask for forgiveness? Since he was obviously an alcoholic my friends and I could have an intervention with him. Sorry if I didnt have the same hard-headed idea as you obviously did. You might want to see a counselor or psychologist about this, I think you are hiding past aggression. Perhaps you went to church as a kid and my story brings up past experiences you had as a child. If this is so I apologize.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:22 PM

i know exactly how you feel

heres some pics of when my car got broken into back in october 2007

Old 12-08-2007, 05:32 PM

That's sucks, did they take your trim piece with the head unit? Are those your tools on the seat or theirs?

Originally Posted by abomb1987

Old 12-08-2007, 05:37 PM

well i picked up my car at a beat down towing place, when i got to it, it was pouring rain, and all the windows were open, everything that you see on my center console, was all that was left, the a/c vent and hazard buttons were gone, and the trim pieces where all smashed and cracked

the tools you see are theres, and to make matters worse, the poured oil all over the exterior of the car to get rid of finger prints, it was a total mess. but as soon as i got it home is when i took the pics, lol i had to drive in it with soaking wet carpet and seats, but i got everything put back together, all new everything, and plus i upgraded to leather seats.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:00 PM

WOW.... I thought they were just looking for some money and the wallet. Did they really think that they were going to find it by tearing up everything in the car. Freaking tools will do something that stupid in front of a church. I doubt that there homeless and sue them.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:09 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

I know exactly how you feel. Nikolas Lampkin of Fort Worth Texas broke into my old Honda about 12 years ago. Scumbag still owes me $60 or so restitution. He stole my HU and several others that night but got greedy and was still breaking into cars at 5 AM when someone getting ready to go to work saw him breaking into a car and called the cops. Got my HU back and about $90 in restitution before the checks stopped coming.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scottwax
I know exactly how you feel. Nikolas Lampkin of Fort Worth Texas broke into my old Honda about 12 years ago. Scumbag still owes me $60 or so restitution. He stole my HU and several others that night but got greedy and was still breaking into cars at 5 AM when someone getting ready to go to work saw him breaking into a car and called the cops. Got my HU back and about $90 in restitution before the checks stopped coming.
they found the guy who broke in my car, the retard got 5 years in state prison and owes my $2400 bucks in restitution, so i get $120 bucks a mount
Old 12-08-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
WOW.... I thought they were just looking for some money and the wallet. Did they really think that they were going to find it by tearing up everything in the car. Freaking tools will do something that stupid in front of a church. I doubt that there homeless and sue them.

That car was not the OP's (my) car. My car wasn't that bad as I think they were rushed and panicky and were just trying to get money and leave. I noticed when I got home that my cd case was missing. I just went to a couple of the corner stores in that neighborhood to see if anyone tried selling them cd cases with cds, but none were mine. I guess there was a house broken into right before my car, and these guys fit the description (1 got away). Not sure what will happen now though.

Abomb- that is awesome that the guy was caught! Did the $2400 completely cover the new interior with the new leathers?
Old 12-08-2007, 07:12 PM

That car was not the OP's (my) car. My car wasn't that bad as I think they were rushed and panicky and were just trying to get money and leave. I noticed when I got home that my cd case was missing. I just went to a couple of the corner stores in that neighborhood to see if anyone tried selling them cd cases with cds, but none were mine. I guess there was a house broken into right before my car, and these guys fit the description (1 got away). Not sure what will happen now though.

Abomb- that is awesome that the guy was caught! Did the $2400 completely cover the new interior with the new leathers?
yea i told them they were leather seats... but mine was actually cloth, but it covered all new trims and stereo and wiring
Old 12-08-2007, 09:51 PM
wants an I35

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
probably lookin for the HU to sell on the street for a gram of crack.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by abomb1987

damn what bastardss
Old 12-10-2007, 06:52 PM

Well I picked up a new window today for $40 and put it in. Not not too bad of a price I'd say, but now when it rolls up and down I can hear glass crunch some. Probably stuck on the grease on the track, so I'll clean that later this week. All in all I guess it wasn't too bad, but I noticed my door panel has some pretty deep scratches on the top of it. Could've been a lot worse though huh
Old 12-10-2007, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by z00york145
-strange situation, i wouldn't think anyone in their right mind would rob a car parked at a church.
Oh, it happens. A couple years ago, my friend's boyfriend went to church, and his family's Expedition was stolen right in front of their faces. They were loading a drumset and guitars into the back and when they turned their backs, it was driving off with the back door wide open. They got it back a few days later, no harm done. People are just crazy these days...
Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 PM

i got stuff stolen out of my car last summer at six flags.
it was totally ridiculous tho,
i had my windows down like 2 inches to let out some hot air,
and when i got back to my car at the end of the day my bag of clothes, my girlfriends bag of clothes, and my shatty, de-activated cell phone was stolen.
i dont get how they got my stuff out since my bag was totally stuffed...
unless they opened the door and no one cared about the alarm.
really stupid situation tho.
they must have been really desperate to steal my clothes...