General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Insurance in Rhode Island

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 11:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Insurance in Rhode Island

Due to my accident which resulted in totaling my 95 SE, my insurance in NJ may drop me and since insurance is so high in NJ and it will be hard to find another company to insure me for an ok premium, my parents and i were wondering if i could possibly get insured in Rhode Island since i goto school here and my car is always here. Also can anyone recommend a good insurance company?? Cheap and efficient? Emax i know your from RI..
Thanx in advance.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:25 AM

Re: Insurance in Rhode Island

Originally posted by MaximaRider
Due to my accident which resulted in totaling my 95 SE, my insurance in NJ may drop me and since insurance is so high in NJ and it will be hard to find another company to insure me for an ok premium, my parents and i were wondering if i could possibly get insured in Rhode Island since i goto school here and my car is always here. Also can anyone recommend a good insurance company?? Cheap and efficient? Emax i know your from RI..
Thanx in advance.
I have progresive insurance in R.I. It's the only place that will insure me becuase I have two speeding tickets and one stop sign violation. Progresive is really expensive though, $3000 a year for my 95 max in my parents name. Luckily one ticket is comming off my record in March and another is comming off in April, after that I will only have one point o nmy driving record and I will be able to get cheap insurance else where.

I use to be insured my Amica insurance and thenI think state farm, both were pretty cheap with the family plan, something like $1000 a year. I don't think you will be able to get insurance in R.I. though because your not a resident. I think the rule is you need to actualy "live" in R.I., I don't think going to school here counts, I could be wrong though.

BTW what school do you go too?
Old 10-31-2001, 11:34 AM

i goto Bryant College, in Smithfield RI which is like 15min from Providence.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:46 AM

If you can prove you live in Rhode Island, like with a lease for your apartment or something, they will insure you there (I think). That's how I switched my insurance when I came to school, since it's a lot cheaper here.
Old 10-31-2001, 01:22 PM

but i live in the dorms, how can i prove i live here?