General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

4th gen chase leads to death and burning front clip

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 08:09 PM

I dunno how he kept that car from losing it when he smacked the tracks like that.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:45 PM

That thing flew, I bet if it had wings, it would actually be better than airplanes.

But glad he/and or she (looks like a he, but these days you cant tell) is ok.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:38 PM

What great looking roads! Nothing like the crap roads we are forced to drive on in NJ
Old 12-12-2008, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by snowboi1289
That thing flew, I bet if it had wings, it would actually be better than airplanes.

But glad he/and or she (looks like a he, but these days you cant tell) is ok.
you hope hes ok?

he just ran from the cops put plenty of people in danger....and was stupid enough to do that...you hope hes ok??
Old 12-12-2008, 08:26 PM

1.) LOL he was using his turn signals and keeping within lanes. Heck if nobody is around I usually save the turnsignals and carve from apex to apex

2.) I think the cop was being cautious through the intersections and around other cars plus the railroad tracks. I don't think the cruise would have had a problem keeping up with the maxima otherwise. I say that because it didn't look like the Maxima had a rear spoiler, thus it must not have been an SE, thus it probably had a speed limiter. I am sure crownvics are at least good for 130mph....
Old 12-13-2008, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by modenaf1
1.) LOL he was using his turn signals and keeping within lanes. Heck if nobody is around I usually save the turnsignals and carve from apex to apex

2.) I think the cop was being cautious through the intersections and around other cars plus the railroad tracks. I don't think the cruise would have had a problem keeping up with the maxima otherwise. I say that because it didn't look like the Maxima had a rear spoiler, thus it must not have been an SE, thus it probably had a speed limiter. I am sure crownvics are at least good for 130mph....
so your condoning 100+ on a non free way road? trying to evade the cops? going apex to apex is not dangerous...what he did was.
and thus proven...his car was torn in half....thus completely idiotic!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by toyick
so your condoning 100+ on a non free way road? trying to evade the cops? going apex to apex is not dangerous...what he did was.
and thus proven...his car was torn in half....thus completely idiotic!
What??!?!

Not at all what I was attempting to say.

Let me try to rephrase:

1.) its funny how he was being the "perfect driver" in regard to lane changes and turn signals, yet was in a police chase. He had a lot more at stake to worry about than getting a ticket for "failing to signal a lane change."

I thought it was funny how he was doing basic things like that that most people don't even normally do that well.

2.) In response to various comments that the Max could have lost the cops I was disagreeing and stating that the reason for the distance was because the cops were being cautious, NOT because an ungoverned Crown Vic is slower than a Maxima with a speed limiter, because it is not.

Not to mention I doubt he would have gotten away even IF his car was faster than the cruisers. Like they say radio's travel faster than cars.

I have no idea where you arrived at the conclusion that I condone running from police and doing 100+ on city streets, because that is NOT the case at all.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by modenaf1
What??!?!

Not at all what I was attempting to say.

Let me try to rephrase:

1.) its funny how he was being the "perfect driver" in regard to lane changes and turn signals, yet was in a police chase. He had a lot more at stake to worry about than getting a ticket for "failing to signal a lane change."

I thought it was funny how he was doing basic things like that that most people don't even normally do that well.

2.) In response to various comments that the Max could have lost the cops I was disagreeing and stating that the reason for the distance was because the cops were being cautious, NOT because an ungoverned Crown Vic is slower than a Maxima with a speed limiter, because it is not.

Not to mention I doubt he would have gotten away even IF his car was faster than the cruisers. Like they say radio's travel faster than cars.

I have no idea where you arrived at the conclusion that I condone running from police and doing 100+ on city streets, because that is NOT the case at all.
you are totally right, i misread your post! the guy above us was sorta condoning it...
I retract my statement to you!
Old 12-13-2008, 02:01 PM

damn!! that maxima pulled hard but im pretty sure the cops were keeping a safe distance ffrom that retard anyway. what i want to see is a charger cruiser chasing an evo. BTW it is proiven by car and driver that a stock evo is faster than a charger police cruiser in manyways because of the all the equipment they have on a police cruiser. but it would still be interesting to see.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:55 PM

the cruisers are made for highway type chases (well atleast the state troopers) when it comes to corners and stuff they are pretty much slower than the average car so if u really want to get away go to a place where u can make a lot of quick turns and you will have the advantage over the cruisers
Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 AM

hahahha this This was in Florida, Seminole county... I knew all the roads....
Old 01-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

As bad as this sounds, I seriously considered pulling away like that on black friday when i was about to get pulled over but not having my 95 SE 5spd ECU installed made me realize they probably would've kept up anyway... so I just paid a 250 ticket
Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by TLMNICK
I dunno how he kept that car from losing it when he smacked the tracks like that.
yeah... what made him lose it finally was that second dip in the road... i couldn't even see the max anymore, but when the cop went over that bump, i knew that was it for the max.. no way you can keep control of a car going over that kind of dip at those speeds
Old 01-11-2009, 10:07 AM

is that what that was...he immediately crashed after that. that car was ripped in half that was in sance..
what part of veagas are you in?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by ThurzNite
When you're doing 100, things come up quick on you. At least the cop obeyed the 2-second rule.
he had that cop by more than 2 seconds. i know that some troopers are trained to shut it down after a certain speed. but in this cace the trooper had all main access roads blocked with back-up so that civilian traffic was kept to a minimum. that was a crazy video.

Last edited by Blackwind; 01-11-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Blackwind
what part of veagas are you in?
i used to be in henderson..but i moved out to the bay area in cali... about 9months ago..
Old 01-11-2009, 10:43 AM

i used to be in henderson..but i moved out to the bay area in cali... about 9months ago..
ah
Old 01-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

that **** is crazy. he set it off.