General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

lightened flywheel with S/C?? >>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 03:20 PM

lightened flywheel with S/C?? >>>>>

My friend has a S/C VR6. He had a lightened flywheel put in, and it feels like he lost about 50lbs of torque. Has anyone with a s/c car been on a dyno before and after a lightened flywheel.

THANKS.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:39 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

well. i have the lightened fly with the blower. the weight reduction will cause free up energy due to rotational mass. you should gain power throughout the power band. and the flywheel should rev faster.
Old 11-15-2001, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by Chebosto
well. i have the lightened fly with the blower. the weight reduction will cause free up energy due to rotational mass. you should gain power throughout the power band. and the flywheel should rev faster.
I agree with cheston. I also have a lightened flywheel with...well...when i had the blower on....hehe....yes i'm still waiting for vortech.....anyways it does seem to rev faster, and rev matching is a breeze...

-Mike
Old 11-16-2001, 07:48 AM

Originally posted by Screaminfast

I agree with cheston. I also have a lightened flywheel with...well...when i had the blower on....hehe....yes i'm still waiting for vortech.....anyways it does seem to rev faster, and rev matching is a breeze...

-Mike
I have my car in the shop as we speak they are installing the Stillen (Mueller) flywheel, ACT clutch, y-pipe, and RT cat. I will dyno right after I break in the clutch (500 miles), I can post what my results are but my numbers will be off a bit or what you are looking for b/c the y-pipe and cat should add a big difference, but I hope to see a change in my curve with the flywheel.