General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Englishtown meet a huge success :-)>>>

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2000, 04:14 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

lots of new and old faces there...i would say there were about 20+ maximas rolling around....it was great meeting you guys (doug, delio, need4power, synki, and others...sorry im a lil brain fried)...and for those i already new it was great seeing you again (dex, ed, ant, neel, brett, binh) HEY JEFF K NICE RIDE ...where the hell were you? i cant remember times of runs so im sure someone else will cover that...

dex...nice launch...hope i never see that again... oh yeah and the tails look good....(good job doug)

phuong...thanks for the oil filter

need4power...you car is phat...seeing the bimmer conversion in person has me sold...my next mod now after the springs/struts

neel...fix the damn corner and fog lights already will you?

delio or neel...i think i might wanna buy josh's? (is that his name?) bimmer lights...is it possible for one of you to scope out the one that is damaged and lemme know if its noticeable or not? thanks guys

ummm...im sure i have more to say but im out...time for a nap....
Old 11-05-2000, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by Chris91SE
lots of new and old faces there...i would say there were about 20+ maximas rolling around....it was great meeting you guys (doug, delio, need4power, synki, and others...sorry im a lil brain fried)...and for those i already new it was great seeing you again (dex, ed, ant, neel, brett, binh) HEY JEFF K NICE RIDE ...where the hell were you? i cant remember times of runs so im sure someone else will cover that...

dex...nice launch...hope i never see that again... oh yeah and the tails look good....(good job doug)

need4power...you car is phat...seeing the bimmer conversion in person has me sold...my next mod now after the springs/struts

delio or neel...i think i might wanna buy josh's? (is that his name?) bimmer lights...is it possible for one of you to scope out the one that is damaged and lemme know if its noticeable or not? thanks guys

dex did you run?
ithought your car was messed up...
tell me how it went!
pictures anyone?
Old 11-05-2000, 04:39 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

oh dex ran alright...i think his time was a 23? he bogged his launch and stalled it... maybe next time dex

BTW got rice? took some amazing pics and others did too..they'll be posted soon YG...
Old 11-05-2000, 04:55 PM

all i met was phuong and jeff K.
the race sucked, it's civic, eclips, accord, civic, accord, eclips, accord, civic... bring out some real imports to whoop the detriot *** next time!
Old 11-05-2000, 04:59 PM

The subject says its all right Chris? It was great to meet everyone, Ant (Though u left and were late! ), Chris (Thanks for the cut in line!), Delio, Doug, Neel, MY4DSC, Ed, Jim, Kev, Phuong, Need4power, Dex (We froze our *** off wating didnt we?), Confused, Jose, and if i left ya out, I'm sorry, i think my brain is still frozen! Dex... nice run! 23 sec is good! Just kidding. Confused and Doug, good run, 15.5-15.6 is good. I stayed after everyone left and watched MY4DSC race, his best was a 14.79 with just a intake and 18" rims. Ed, sorry you got knocked out with the 15.2 Phuong, I'm waiting... wait we all are waiting for the pics. I got a couple too, ill try to post them if i can figure out how. I must admit, we had to have over 20+ Maximas show up, we showed them Hon-Duhs! Oh yea, Woodear, we saw you buzzing around in the lot, you should of looked for us. I had a great time, how about the rest? Damn that cold weather!
Old 11-05-2000, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by Synki
...Oh yea, Woodear, we saw you buzzing around in the lot, you should of looked for us. I had a great time, how about the rest? Damn that cold weather!
I saw where all the Maximas were parked, when we go there phuong was taking pics for jeff K, I was trying to look for you people, but I only caught Jose, I guess it's most new faces this time.
Old 11-05-2000, 05:11 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

yeah woodear...we saw you, tetsuo and a white supra cruising around...the race was definitely a cycle of the same cars though...you left the golf's out...they were everywhere...
Old 11-05-2000, 05:12 PM

I went to Etown with my team members.. but wasn't able to make it to the Max pre-meet (like last time). I saw a bunch of maximas parked in the lot and I parked there too. Unfortunity, I didn't get to meet any of you guys... mainly because I had no idea where you guys were. It's okay though, I hung around with my team members. I wanted to run the 1/4 but I forgot to bring my helmet from home!! I was pissed. So I was forced to watch the races. If anyone is wondering what my max looks like it's a Pearl White 90 SE that had stock 15" wheels in the front and aftermarket 17" 5-star wheels in the back...gutted trunk..race fuel, advanced ignition.. I was ready to run the 1/4 mile. oh well.. there's always next season.

Dex.. what happened with your launch? I thought you broke something.

Doug, nice run.. you could use a new suspension.. I saw your car bouncing up and down when you were changing gears =)

Need4pwr, sweeet burnout.. my team members were giving you compliments
Old 11-05-2000, 05:16 PM
My 4DSC

frEEEEEzzTOWN!!

"Cold"?
Nah...more like ARCTIC!!
Man my hands are chapped to hell (damn wind).

Anyway...it was nice meeting everyone.
Look forward to getting together again next season.
Hopefully by then I'll be bustin 11's with a Y-pipe.

To be fair I didn't actually run 14.79...my best was 14.8.
14.79 was just my dial in.
Speaking of which...I'm pissed...I redlighted so I had to settle for a cheezy trophy (instead of cash).

Hope to see some pics posted here soon!
Later fellas!

Old 11-05-2000, 05:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Kick *** time

Hey guys,

I had a kick *** time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Sorry we didn't catch up with you Woodear. But everyone else was mad cool. Dex... Work on that launch over the winter will you please I had a blast meeting everyone. Chris...You are mad cool, thanks for the lift to go get my ride. Your girl is a sweetheart, it's a shame she had to freeze. Dex, the lights look good, just tighten them down. Need4Pwr, nice to meet you. Jose, you are mad chill... We are going to make you an MPEG of the Autogear thing you were sayin...hahaha. Your car looks pimpin too bro, mad props. Ants, the hookup was a little rough, but it's all good, nice meeting you, and to everyone I know I left out, sorry, I am still trying to thaw out here.

Del

PS. Confused and Doug...great runs representing the Max crowd. Especially you Doog, bone stock and all.
Old 11-05-2000, 05:24 PM

Not quite so for me

Well... I got there fine, parked and walked around checking out some cars and saw a couple of runs when my phone rang and a family emergency aroze. So, I was actually only there for about 20-30 minutes.

So, not only did I freeze my *** off, I spent a total of $24.30 for a two hour ride there, a (somewhat) enjoyable 30 minutes at the track and another two hour ride back.

On the plus side, while on the NJ Turnpike, I raced a late model Accord LX and whooped his Honda ***.

So... hopefully, next time, I'll actually get to meet you guys and stay to see more races.
Old 11-05-2000, 05:25 PM

Doug...

The announcer thought your car was an ACURA.. lol

Originally posted by doug
I sucked i got beat by a lude i suck i suck i suck i suck
Old 11-05-2000, 06:03 PM

Doug dont be mad... u had a good run. Your wheels were a bit wobbley, probably explain why it shook. Anyone still thawing off? I still am and im goin to bed! Tired as hell. Oh yea, i forgot to mention, nice meeting quesang or qangsang? (Is that spelled right? sorry u had to go to work!) BTW, thew announcer was a complete idiot... he mistakened a car for a GMC syclone or typhoon. Hey, what ever happened to Ed? CLee... sorry you had to leave, hope everything in the fam is ok.
Old 11-05-2000, 06:42 PM

Aside from freezing my butt off all day and getting nabbed on the turnpike first thing in the morning, I had a good time meeting you all and checking out your Max's. Looking forward to doing this again when it's WARM.

When the group pic does get posted, could someone stick a caption on it with everybody's handle to jog my memory?

My favorite line from that tool of an announcer was when he introduced a Maxima, then proceeded to list available options: leather seats, 6-speaker Bose stereo, etc.
Old 11-05-2000, 06:45 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Kick *** time

Originally posted by delio
Hey guys,

Chris...You are mad cool, thanks for the lift to go get my ride. Your girl is a sweetheart, it's a shame she had to freeze.
hehe...we just talked about you...she liked you ...you totally reminded us of a buddy of mine that i went to highschool with...you looked EXACTLY like him....look forward to chilling with you again...now i can't wait till spring for more meets
Old 11-05-2000, 06:50 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

who had the 2k max with the body kit? i didnt' get your bbs name when you said it.. you said it kinda fast... but that car was looking beautiful... kev i know your going to read this you little *****... but kev if your car looks anything like this car with the body kit and eibachs.. it looks sweet.. because that max was absolutely tasteful

i would have to agree with you doug...we saw that on the way in and my jaw dropped...i fell in love with the 5th gens now between that and jeff k's....if kev's max does look like that in person i have to give him more props now too although i already have
Old 11-05-2000, 06:57 PM

wow you guys sounded like you had fun!
I want to go!
anyways looking forward to the video delio and the pics got rice!
Old 11-05-2000, 07:06 PM

and you would lose to a lot of automagics.

Old 11-05-2000, 07:08 PM

hey guys

it was great meeting all the new faces - it was great seein all the old ones too ...

sorry i didnt get to see everyone -

delio where is that pic of me sprawled on the car ??
i think i might wanna get rid of that evidence cuz the bbs isnt ready for that
Old 11-05-2000, 07:33 PM

Well it was nice to see the maxima representing->

but we didn't get a chance to take any group pictures. I would not attemt to remember all of your names but it was nice to meet you all. Hopefully next time we can be a little organize. Shout out to Jeff K even though I didn't see you but that limted edition maxima sure looks sweet.

Old 11-05-2000, 07:38 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Kick *** time

uh chris...u know Delio is the "PIMP DADDY" in his area..better keep an eye on that girl!
Dan

Hey guys,

Chris...You are mad cool, thanks for the lift to go get my ride. Your girl is a sweetheart, it's a shame she had to freeze.
hehe...we just talked about you...she liked you ...you totally reminded us of a buddy of mine that i went to highschool with...you looked EXACTLY like him....look forward to chilling with you again...now i can't wait till spring for more meets
Old 11-05-2000, 07:47 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

i'll keep my eye out danny

*the scene*

Old 11-05-2000, 08:55 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

who had the 2k max with the body kit? i didnt' get your bbs name when you said it.. you said it kinda fast... but that car was looking beautiful... kev i know your going to read this you little *****... but kev if your car looks anything like this car with the body kit and eibachs.. it looks sweet.. because that max was absolutely tasteful
You calling me out? Nice run Doug!

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 11-05-2000, 08:59 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

i would have to agree with you doug...we saw that on the way in and my jaw dropped...i fell in love with the 5th gens now between that and jeff k's....if kev's max does look like that in person i have to give him more props now too although i already have
Time for a new car, eh Chris? Nice to see all you guys representing for the Max community. Good job guys!

Doesn't anyone have an mpeg of Dex's run? hahahahaha! Just joking Dex!
Old 11-05-2000, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Time for a new car, eh Chris? Nice to see all you guys representing for the Max community. Good job guys!

Good job guys!
way to represent
Old 11-06-2000, 06:09 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

why i heard he was standing still..just take a regular pic..haahaa
sorry Dex everyone messes up once in a while...right Doug??
Dan

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Old 11-06-2000, 06:26 AM
Disco Biscuit

Wish I had been there.

great pics those. Man that guy Jose's car look sweet dropped like that.
Old 11-06-2000, 06:40 AM

Re: Re: Kick *** time

That's cool dude, I defintely look forward to meeting up more in the spring.

Hey guys,

Old 11-06-2000, 06:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: Kick *** time

LMAO... Thanks DanNY, but I am far from Pimp...

Originally posted by DanNY
uh chris...u know Delio is the "PIMP DADDY" in his area..better keep an eye on that girl!
Dan

Hey guys,

Old 11-06-2000, 06:43 AM

No need to worry

i'll keep my eye out danny

*the scene*

Old 11-06-2000, 07:01 AM

okay okay

Glad to see everyone had a good time yesterday..

Doug, Delio and anyone for the caravan..I'm sorry ..
the pre-meet guys..i'm sorry...
Sorry for all the delays... it was kool to meet all you guys..
My Excuses are no good.. the pics came out great .. I'm soo jealous.. my blue maxima isn't in there..

I was soooooooooooooooooooooooo pissssssssssed that i had to arrive late and leave early.. thas what i get for inviting people who arent't maxima fanatics i was planning on arriving early and staying till 6-7pm.....it really ruined my day.. and anyone who talked to me last night saw how angry i was...

I can't wait till the next meet....
Doug nice run...we are at a dead tie.. my automagic is equal to your 5-speed... Muhahahahaha

was nice meeting everyone..
the new people.
Synki, Doug, Delio, Confused, Quansung, Botos, My4DSC, and anyone i forget.

Chris and g/f, Dex, neel, josh, phoung, Jeff, Ed.. was great to see you guys again

Saw woodear, tetsuo, and a white supra leaving.. ??
oh well .. can't wait till next time..

Ant
Old 11-06-2000, 07:27 AM

Englishtown

Hey guys,

It was nice meeting everybody at englishtown, even though it was freezing. I've met a couple of you at autogear, but most of you were new faces to me. Chis, it was nice talking to you. Skymax, sorry i missed you. Thanks for the compliment. I had no chance against that SS, LOL!

BTW, did you see the VE 3rd gen max run? He ran a 16.5 at first and a 16.9 second, he spoke to him and he said that the VG engine was crap. Well i let him speak his mind, and would have like to challenge his VE with my VG.

Even though it was freezing, it was a great day.

BTW, I got Neel, Adam, and a couple of other maxima's on video. Not sure which ones, but i got all of them that did the time trials. Sorry Neel, i did get you on video. For those you want their video clip, you have to explain to me how to upload them from a video camera.

need4pwr
Old 11-06-2000, 07:30 AM

Had a good time yesterday.
Nice meeting you guys, Delio, doug, stillnmax,
dex, matt, synki and others I forgot. sorry.

In case you guys forgot, I'm Gerry...I had
the stock 98 beige max.

Couldn't stay long. My brother got a call on his
cell and had an emergency. We had to split early.
Everything is cool. But I was so pissed I couldn't
stay longer. The pictures you guys took were great.
Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 11-06-2000, 07:47 AM

Oh yea... GIMAX, sorry that you had to leave, it was fun while it lasted. Last i saw of you and your bro was when all of us were in the stands. Nice meeting you.
Old 11-06-2000, 07:54 AM

Sheeyit! Where was everyone? We missed the pre-meet but I figured we'd see tons of guys milling around. We ran across Neel and Confused by a white 4th gen but where was the big crowd? Dang!

Oh, and don't forget there's always 2 sides to every story. Autogear has always been good to me and many others on this BBS.

Jim

[Edited by JJW95SC on 11-06-2000 at 10:17 AM]
Old 11-06-2000, 12:12 PM

Sorry Jim but F@Ck autogear I will never buy $hit from->

them and the owner is a A$$hole. The mechanics don't know $hit and all they care about is making money. For gods sake they don't even have lifts to lift your car. If something goes wrong you are on your own. So please JJW there is no 2 side to this story I bought something from them it didn't work. They Had 2 choices get me another S/C they couldn't after 4 months or give me my money back and guess what they didn't do that either. So now what happens I got to take them to court.I gave Autogear my cash in march now its november and still no S/C or no money, so Thats it F@ck Autogear so please don't mention them because I will Flame them Everytime I get a chance.

Originally posted by JJW95SC
Sheeyit! Where was everyone? We missed the pre-meet but I figured we'd see tons of guys milling around. We ran across Neel and Confused by a white 4th gen but where was the big crowd? Dang!

Oh, and don't forget there's always 2 sides to every story. Autogear has always been good to me and many others on this BBS.

Jim

[Edited by JJW95SC on 11-06-2000 at 10:17 AM]
Old 11-06-2000, 12:23 PM

thanks Jose

Yesterday was my first time at EnglishTown. I met only a few guys. But Jose thanks for hanging with me all day. Your father in law was cool. Any way sorry about that autogear crap. Your max was too cool for that.
By the way JeffK your max was the sweet.When are we getting a spin?

P.S. Thanks for the Boost yesterday Jose.(my dumba$$ forgot my lights on)

Old 11-06-2000, 12:40 PM

Re: Glad to show you around sorry I couldn't introduce you->

to the rest of the guys. (couldn't find them) maybe at the next meet. And good to hear you got home safe!!!!
Later

Originally posted by boogiemax95
Yesterday was my first time at EnglishTown. I met only a few guys. But Jose thanks for hanging with me all day. Your father in law was cool. Any way sorry about that autogear crap. Your max was too cool for that.
By the way JeffK your max was the sweet.When are we getting a spin?

P.S. Thanks for the Boost yesterday Jose.(my dumba$$ forgot my lights on)

Old 11-06-2000, 04:15 PM

need4pwr

Just wanted to say that I really liked the way you had your trunk done; it was a good-looking install. Did you do that all yourself? What did you use for the lining of the capacitor area and inside your sub box?
Old 11-06-2000, 05:27 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

a shame I couldn't go.....

First, I don't have a clue of where Englishtown is since I never went 40 miles out of NYC. 2nd I had to be at a birthday party at 6 pm and I was sure that even if I would eventually find my way to E-town, I would get lost on the way back (as always). Really wanted to finally visit a track for the 1st time in my life, maybe even take my piece of **** dying tranny, bad O2, Cat maxima out for a run. ehh, what the hell, next time I guess, maybe I'll have some normal mods by then. :P

I want pics!

Quick Reply: Englishtown meet a huge success :-)>>>