General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone else disappointed with the winter nissan sport magazine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:53 PM

Anyone else disappointed with the winter nissan sport magazine?

The new nissan sport mag says its cutting costs but this winter's edition made me realize im probably not going to re-subscribe. The previous issues were on the order of 100 pages and this one is half that. Plus the binding is now stapled instead of glued. And to top it off it took til february to release the winter edition when the fall one came out in september....anyways, i was just disappointed, but atleast the 4th gen beat out all the other maximas and came in 3rd for best ever nissan/infiniti sedan.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:00 PM

it seemed short BUT i am happy cause my car is on the back
Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 AM
LeX
Nissan by Nature

my 240z got on the back, second row from the top lol. But yeah it was a short one so i just read it at barnes and noble
Old 02-25-2009, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by black_maxed95
The new nissan sport mag says its cutting costs but this winter's edition made me realize im probably not going to re-subscribe. The previous issues were on the order of 100 pages and this one is half that. Plus the binding is now stapled instead of glued. And to top it off it took til february to release the winter edition when the fall one came out in september....anyways, i was just disappointed, but atleast the 4th gen beat out all the other maximas and came in 3rd for best ever nissan/infiniti sedan.
I understand the disappointment in the winter issue as it is definitely short. However, please bear in mind that Nissan Sport is owned by a small handful of Nissan enthusiasts - NOT a large publishing conglomerate. You may have noticed that many of the "import car" magazines that were previously best sellers have gone completely out of business - because of the economic slump, people are not buying magazines.

When people aren't buying magazines, advertisers aren't buying magazine space, and when that happens, we can't afford to keep up as many pages of the magazine as we used to carry. Unfortunately, with the economy as it is and the fact that basically the owners are carrying the costs of the magazine right now, I ask for your understanding and support - Nissan Sport won't always be that short and stapled.

The issue was a little bit late because again, as we're owned and published by normal enthusiasts, with the holidays we got backed up so we ended up publishing later than normal for the winter issue.

I am very sorry that you're feeling disappointed with the winter issue. I hope that you'll continue to support the magazine through this difficult economic time when many businesses of all sorts are struggling to hang in. Thank you though for the feedback - it is appreciated!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:02 PM
STFU n00b!

Thanks for all the hard work, Sarah! Don't worry.. You can always count on a few people to whine and moan about piddly stuff.

You can also count on ZCOH's subscriptions will still be funded as long as the mag is in business. Well, as long as you still talk about Z cars anyway.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:08 PM

Not disappointed

because I don't get it
Old 02-26-2009, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
Thanks for all the hard work, Sarah! Don't worry.. You can always count on a few people to whine and moan about piddly stuff.
I understand the magazine is published by just a few people who have other lives and I really do appreciate the magazine. But this issue is ~56 pages which means about 25-30ish of actual reading material which means its good reading for about the time it takes to take two craps. And the magazine is the same price as about any other magazine (~$4/issue). (Not complaining on the price though)

I have another year on my subscription so Im not out yet but Im hoping quality improves from this one before that time comes.

Im not trying to bash the people that make this magazine cause it really is a good one, I just hope it isnt always this short. And also, the binding being stapled sucks, but it wasnt a big deal, it was more the short-ness.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:52 AM

By the way I saw the editorial comment on contacting the advertisers to let them know they were seen in the mag and I will do that because I dont want to see the mag fold.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:07 AM

Yup, I definitely do understand the disappointment - even when I got my issue in the mail I was pretty blown away by how small and thin it was. I think if the economy starts to turn around in the year left of your subscription, you'll find it'll go back to what it was before... we're definitely not making permanent changes but more of a way to just get through.

Definitely contact the advertisers and tell 'em they were seen in Nissan Sport - that'd be awesome!

Again Black Maxed, I really do appreciate the feedback - all feedback is good whether it's positive or not!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
You can also count on ZCOH's subscriptions will still be funded as long as the mag is in business. Well, as long as you still talk about Z cars anyway.

Thanks for the support to your club also! I don't think I see people not being interested in hearing about Z cars anytime soon though, so I think you're ok on still hearing about Zs in Nissan Sport.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
it seemed short BUT i am happy cause my car is on the back
Same here!!!