General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

TORONTO MAXIMA MEET PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2000, 08:40 PM

Just scanned a couple of the maxima meet pics from November 4th. It was a huge success and I'd like to thank Eugene (ohboiya) for setting the whole thing up! I will post more as soon as I scan them.

Enjoy!

The man who brings it all together, Eugene!

Most of the maxima's that came out

The Motorola Cup Maxima

fivelitrekiller's car
Old 11-05-2000, 08:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

tkx man!

I especially like the one of me =)

I'll keep y'all posted on everything!!
Old 11-06-2000, 05:37 AM

Norbert's Pics

I just thought I'd post some of the shots Norbert took with his digital camera up here.

Old 11-06-2000, 08:34 AM

whah! i was JUST in TOronto!

DARN!

man, oh well..... i was having fun in the CN Tower and spoke some french with strangers.. heh eh

would have made a stop if i reallized it.. sorry.. that race car max would have been a treat to see
Old 11-06-2000, 09:44 AM

Looks like you guys had a great turnout! Nice pics!

Old 11-06-2000, 12:36 PM

Eugene...

Where'd ya get the hood bug deflector?
It looks pretty good and would go well with my headlight covers in the winter when I can't use my bra....maybe.
Thanks...nice pics guys.We need that racecar max at all meets
Old 11-06-2000, 12:42 PM

nice

great turnout ....
what are the specs on that motorola max ? anyone know
did you guys get to see under the hood ?? ?
Old 11-06-2000, 12:48 PM

that panoramic picture is tight!
Old 11-06-2000, 01:34 PM

It was a long ride up and back without a radio in my max! But that meet was a lot of fun. Got a little out of control on the group ride after the photos, but no accidents or tickets so we'll all live for another meet.

For anybody who cares i'm the most left person on the front row of the group picture. Western new york needs to set up a meet like this (I've seen a lot of maximas in Rochester)
Old 11-06-2000, 01:36 PM

forgot to ask... Did anybody get any pictures of the CAI on the race maxima... they removed the foglights and had tubes on both sides that went up into the engine. That car was so cool, sounded mean also...
Old 11-06-2000, 01:49 PM

Couple more pics

Old 11-06-2000, 02:15 PM

any specs on that motorola maxima?

it look very nice, i love the wheel, so i guess that answer's gr8bone's question on his sig.
Old 11-06-2000, 08:02 PM

Re: Eugene...

Hey Bud,

It's a Nissan manufactured piece ... can't tell u what it cost ... it was one of those incentive things! But it's a perfect fit & I personally think better than the bra b/c the bra will keep dirt & other nasty things that'll scratch when your bra is flapping around or even moving the slightest ... I speak from experience! But then again .. u were wise enough 2 buy silver =)

Originally posted by Gr8bone
It looks pretty good and would go well with my headlight covers in the winter when I can't use my bra....maybe.
Old 11-09-2000, 11:18 AM

Re: Re: Eugene...

Must be a canadian thing. I haven't seen any maxes at the dealerships with a bug deflector. I haven't seen it available at any internet sites yet. I think if would work out well in the winter. Do you plan to wear yours in the winter?
Lastly are there any pieces that touch the top of the hood or is it all mounted under the hood and the deflector part just hangs over the hood? Are there any holes for water to drain out of?
Thanks for the response.

Originally posted by ohboiya
Hey Bud,

It's a Nissan manufactured piece ... can't tell u what it cost ... it was one of those incentive things! But it's a perfect fit & I personally think better than the bra b/c the bra will keep dirt & other nasty things that'll scratch when your bra is flapping around or even moving the slightest ... I speak from experience! But then again .. u were wise enough 2 buy silver =)

Old 11-09-2000, 01:09 PM

Nice pics =)

Good to see they came out well.. I got there a bit late but t'was a good meet. That motorola max was soooo ******* loud, I'm not used to stuff being able to drown out my car, but that definately could have given me a run for my money.
Old 11-09-2000, 02:49 PM

Wow. Terrific turnout!

BTW Cheston!!! You're not alone anymore! I see another Maxima with a touring wing in there!
Old 11-09-2000, 03:41 PM

What are the specs on that motorola max, and the panoramic picture is so awesome!!!

How is it done?
Old 11-09-2000, 03:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Eugene...

The only thing is ... there are some rubber stoppers that are now "stuck" on my hood ... they're 2 prevent the deflector from touching the hood ... but ... I luv it .. it's so discrete ... drainage is not an issue.

Must be a canadian thing. I haven't seen any maxes at the dealerships with a bug deflector. I haven't seen it available at any internet sites yet. I think if would work out well in the winter. Do you plan to wear yours in the winter?
Lastly are there any pieces that touch the top of the hood or is it all mounted under the hood and the deflector part just hangs over the hood? Are there any holes for water to drain out of?
Thanks for the response.

Originally posted by ohboiya
Hey Bud,

Old 11-09-2000, 06:24 PM

Hey guys, I'll be posting some pics of the meet as soon as I can get them scanned so keep your eyes out for them! I too thought that the Maxima race car was so damn loud but it was a treat to see. I can't wait until the next meet next summer!
Old 11-09-2000, 09:49 PM

Re: What are the specs on that motorola max, and the panoramic picture is so awesome!!!

According to race car driver Lorriman, the motor in the race car is stock (had to be due to race regulations), but they did blueprint the engine. Lorriman figures that the motor can generate about 260 hp. The thing had non of the pollution stuff on it if I recall.

As for the panoramic shot, I took about four frames in sequence then I let the computer do the stiching. I used a Olympus 3030 digital cam.
Old 11-09-2000, 10:03 PM

Re: Re: What are the specs on that motorola max, and the panoramic picture is so awesome!!!

Hey Norbert,

outta curiousity .. what's your camera cost? Did u look @ the Canon G1 when u were shopping?

Originally posted by TrueNorth
According to race car driver Lorriman, the motor in the race car is stock (had to be due to race regulations), but they did blueprint the engine. Lorriman figures that the motor can generate about 260 hp. The thing had non of the pollution stuff on it if I recall.

As for the panoramic shot, I took about four frames in sequence then I let the computer do the stiching. I used a Olympus 3030 digital cam.
Old 11-10-2000, 05:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: What are the specs on that motorola max, and the panoramic picture is so awesome!!!

Hey Eugene,

My camera costed me 1500 :+(
I picked the Olympus 'cause it was faster to shoot between frames and it had a better grip, plus it had some fancy flashing capabilities over others at the time ( six months ago)

Norbert
Old 11-10-2000, 06:01 AM

Re: any specs on that motorola maxima?

Yeah, I didn't think a racecar max would use rims that heavy on the trackmine are about 45lbs each with tire

Eugene: So with the rubber things on your hood you can't put a bra on right? There goes my plans for a bra in the summer and defector in the winter

Originally posted by VQracer
it look very nice, i love the wheel, so i guess that answer's gr8bone's question on his sig.
[Edited by Gr8bone on 11-10-2000 at 08:05 AM]