General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

POLL: Who do you let drive your Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2000, 12:24 PM

I used to let a lot of people drive mine if they had something interesting to trade. Now that it is lowered with 17's, it's a little too delicate to just hand off to anyone. Now, my dad drives it when I see him (he's interested in the upgrades), my best friend has driven it (he's used to modded cars), and I would let my GF drive it, but I think she's afraid of it. Just want to see how protective everyone here is. I saw a similar poll on the A4 forum one time, and none of them would let anybody drive their cars.
Old 11-07-2000, 12:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I barely

I barely let the dealer drive it... No one drives my baby...No ONE. Not Dad, not mom, not sis, not brother in law, not best friends. NO ONE.

Del
Old 11-07-2000, 12:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

My best friend drove it once...I will not let anyone else drive it, especially my mom

I would....

let my gf, dad, brother-in-law drive my Max..no one else.
So far only my dad and brother-in-law have driven it.
I would never let any of my friends drive it no matter how experienced they are.
That's my input.

Laterz,
Roman

I don't let anyone drive it,

I use to let the SOB guys at Midas pull it into the garage for work but the last two times they drove my front end into a curb {seriusly} so from now on I'll drive it into the garage.And any were else for that matter.
Old 11-07-2000, 12:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: I would....

Originally posted by roman
let my gf, dad, brother-in-law drive my Max..no one else.
So far only my dad and brother-in-law have driven it.
I would never let any of my friends drive it no matter how experienced they are.
That's my input.

Laterz,
Roman
Don't let me drive yer car, otherwise u'll end up riding a bike
Old 11-07-2000, 12:35 PM

depends....

if they have a good trade I would let them, besides that....dad, brother, gf(every once in a while), roomate(he has a WS6 I get to drive!

Old 11-07-2000, 12:36 PM
MAXDriver

The ONLY person who drives it other than me is my wife.
Oh I bought the car when it had 4.5 miles so I guess dealer did not test drive it before I bought it either.
Originally posted by brandonj
I used to let a lot of people drive mine if they had something interesting to trade. Now that it is lowered with 17's, it's a little too delicate to just hand off to anyone. Now, my dad drives it when I see him (he's interested in the upgrades), my best friend has driven it (he's used to modded cars), and I would let my GF drive it, but I think she's afraid of it. Just want to see how protective everyone here is. I saw a similar poll on the A4 forum one time, and none of them would let anybody drive their cars.

Old 11-07-2000, 12:40 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Not too many...

I let my dad drive it when ever he wants to... My brother on occasions, my mom on occasions (only if my dad is next to her) I do let some of my friends drive it a lot of times, but only when I am in the car next to them to make sure they don't do stupid sh*t and don't drive fast on rough roads. Ofcourse I do let my mechanic drive it as well, like after my tranny rebuilt or something like that.

One kind of people you really shouldn't give your car to, is if you are going to a restaraunt or some party and there is valet parking, I would NEVER let them park it, I rather do it myself and walk a little. I got a few friends that work in Valet Parking, they beat on the cars in the worst way, burnouts, neutral drops etc...

damn! I gotta get me a valet parking job
Old 11-07-2000, 12:42 PM
Maxima Princess

I dont let anyone drive my car if I can .....well I've been letting my sister because Im teachin her how to drive, but as soon as she get's her license that's it! No More! LOL, and I let my mom on OCCASSION if I have to Oh and the mechanics who work on my car and even then if they have to do a test drive on it I go with them
Old 11-07-2000, 12:43 PM
I'm needing a caw

I let most anyone who knows what their doing drive it. I mean I really doubt they can drive it harder than I drive my own car.
Old 11-07-2000, 12:45 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
I let most anyone who knows what their doing drive it. I mean I really doubt they can drive it harder than I drive my own car.
That's a really good point. I worry more about careless people than aggressive people.
Old 11-07-2000, 12:48 PM

I think I can count on 1 hand who has and will ever

Drive my baby. #1 My brother( only because he taught me how to drive in the first place. #2 Shing(not sure why i did that) #3 My machanic. That is all... My girlfriend tried to get me to let her.. I said hell no....
Old 11-07-2000, 12:54 PM

the only people that i let drive mine would be my dad or gf(sometimes)
Old 11-07-2000, 01:01 PM

Anybody

as long as I am in the car.
Old 11-07-2000, 01:03 PM

I never let anyone drive my old SkyBlue max... Not even parents or brother. The only people that gets to drive my max are my team mates from my car club... they are the only one's I trust cuz half the time they let me drive their modded cars and they are always working on my max. With my new Pearl White max.. I really don't care who drives it.. as long as they know how to drive stick.

Nevin
Old 11-07-2000, 01:09 PM
Wiremaxless

i HAD TO let my sister drive my car

and look what happened...at least my parents learned a lesson...but i let like two other friends drive my car...and my dad.

Old 11-07-2000, 01:10 PM

I let my best friends drive mine, but I never let females drive it.

Even if I have a girlfriend, I'm not gonna let her drive my Max. I dont trust girls.
And during mornings, when the car has sat in the freezing temperature overnight and the engine is cold, NOBODY drives it except me. But as soon as the engine's warmed up, I drive my car hard.
Old 11-07-2000, 01:21 PM

Very rarely

Will anyone drive my car..
Not my dad, mom, sister, friends ..NO ONE....
my uncle drove it cuz he lets me borrow his Ford Expedition so its fair..
And my cousin who's my mechanic cuz he lets me drive his Q45.. thats it..

Good thing is i have the only key and alarm fob for my car so no one can "borrow it"

Ant

Old 11-07-2000, 01:30 PM

Re: I let my best friends drive mine, but I never let females drive it.

I let My girl drive my car, She know's. her dad taught her a lot.(ahem, 454 speed boat!),She's got skill for a Girl.
besides i get to drive the G20(lil Go-Kart).

Originally posted by hokiemax
Even if I have a girlfriend, I'm not gonna let her drive my Max. I dont trust girls.
And during mornings, when the car has sat in the freezing temperature overnight and the engine is cold, NOBODY drives it except me. But as soon as the engine's warmed up, I drive my car hard.
Old 11-07-2000, 01:51 PM

Re: Re: I let my best friends drive mine, but I never let females drive it.

no other person then me or my g/f has driven my car yet
Old 11-07-2000, 02:00 PM

only my bro, cause i was with him, and my mom cause she stole the keys when i was sleeping. gf cant cause she not know how to drive stick, and i am not teaching her in my car
Old 11-07-2000, 02:11 PM
Gr95

I am very protective when it comes to my max because all my money is invested in it so I would rather not let anyone do anything to it......

Old 11-07-2000, 02:14 PM

ummm

so far i have let my dad drive it.... haha my mom tries to drive it--but she cant get the ebrake down--hehe too bad for her----but she makes my car smell and she carts old vietnamese people around (these people dont know how to open windows in their hour so it always smells).... and i would let my best friend drive it... i let my friend drive it.... never let him drive it again... i let this girl drive it cuz she was hot... NEVER ever again am i gonna let her drive it... she came SOOOOO close to hitting a parked car--i almost crapped in my pants.. geez... i never wanna have that feeling again...

oh yea i let my cuzin drive my car--cuz i wanted to drive her little celica..
Old 11-07-2000, 02:15 PM
Gr95

Re: i HAD TO let my sister drive my car

Originally posted by Wiremaxless
and look what happened...at least my parents learned a lesson...but i let like two other friends drive my car...and my dad.
What the hell did she hit? The inside looks ok...im not saying that it makes it ok but it is good for safety reasons.

Old 11-07-2000, 02:37 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: I barely

Let my dad drive it up the driveway once. Best friend around the block once. That's IT! Not even the GF, and she actaully knows how to drive. But i don't care. No one.
Old 11-07-2000, 02:40 PM
Wiremaxless

Re: Re: i HAD TO let my sister drive my car

What the hell did she hit? The inside looks ok...im not saying that it makes it ok but it is good for safety reasons. [/I][/QUOTE]

She his a 00' cherokee.......it was his fault

Old 11-07-2000, 02:50 PM

I let my best friend, older brother, and mother each drive my 96, RIP, once. I let my uncle drive my 2k SE once - I didn't know how to drive stick when I bought it so I had him show me.
Old 11-07-2000, 02:56 PM

this is interesting

nobody unless ...
im in a nice mood -
im in the car -
you can afford to buy me whatever you broke-

occasionally if someone who has a max wants to how the car drives with its current mods... example Nick at the Danbury meet , but hes been the only one so far
Old 11-07-2000, 03:06 PM
Maxima Princess

Re: I let my best friends drive mine, but I never let females drive it.

Originally posted by hokiemax

That's funny because I know a bunch of guys who can't drive worth a **** either I never let my ex drive it.
Old 11-07-2000, 03:07 PM

Car

The only person I would let drive it is my wife, but she is used to her honda and says she would rather not drive the maxima until she's more comfortable. Fine by me!! Other than that, no one!
Old 11-07-2000, 03:15 PM
My 4DSC

I let the woman drive it ONCE......BUT......

that was BEFORE i signed the paperwork...
so actually i didn't even own the car yet!

you can be damn sure she won't ever drive it again...
cuz she likes to go curb-surfing for fun.

Old 11-07-2000, 03:40 PM

I'm pretty lax...

But I need to trust the person before I give up my keys...
And I'm pretty damn quick to point out to someone that I don't trust them enough to drive it.
Old 11-07-2000, 03:43 PM

I'll let any one of U guys drive my car B4 I let a mechanic drive it, the catch is that I'm in the car, No Hot Doggin, No peelouts, and No Ebreaks. I let a few people drive it at Maxus. Ming (MAC) Chad (DEATHWISH) wanted to see if my clutch felt normal to them. as far as who else, Well I'ld like my GF to drive it but she doesn't like to unless I really get on my knees and beg, she is to afread of the car. as far as girls can't drive worth of ****. man lately I think there are more women aggressive drivers then men, Boy but honestly I love to kick their asses when they get on my tail. they can drive fast but most don't have much control.
A Doller a pop, anyone can drive my car for $1 for 1 mile at the next meet
Old 11-07-2000, 03:51 PM
Used force to obtain Admin powers

hmm...Before my car was modded, I let my dad and bro drive it but the max would always come back with an ouchie. Now, the only person what I will let drive him is Kevin and I still get scared everytime I let him drive it.

My motto is: you can sit in the car, look at the car, help clean the car...but you're not going to drive the car

btw, not all women are bad drivers.
Old 11-07-2000, 03:55 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

you let kev drive it?!?!? are you nuts!?!?!

Old 11-07-2000, 03:58 PM
MaxRX7

I let my

dad drive it rarely and sometimes my girlfriend in exchange for her 300ZX. I don't let anyone else touch it, unless it is an absolute must.

Old 11-07-2000, 04:02 PM
Used force to obtain Admin powers

Originally posted by Chris91SE
you let kev drive it?!?!? are you nuts!?!?!

LOL! Chris..I might be.. he knows if he scrapes my car..he better sleep with one eye open hehe
Old 11-07-2000, 04:08 PM

NO ONE!!!...

except for my dad (he helped me shave $8k off of the price--he spent 5 1/2 hours haggling). I owe him that much!!
Old 11-07-2000, 04:19 PM

How fitting a question, since my manager wrecked her husband's 94 max yesterday. Ouch!!! The only people who have driven mine was a close friend on the return leg (for 3 hours) on a Houston-Lubbuck trip (1,000 miles round trip) ,and my father when I had to rent a moving truck to move in to a house. After all, he did teach me how to drive a stick on a Datsun 510 hatchback way back when.

TMAX

Quick Reply: POLL: Who do you let drive your Maxima?