General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Went To The Race Track For The 1st Time Matt Spanked Two Mustangs Gt!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 03:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Went To The Race Track For The 1st Time Matt Spanked Two Mustangs Gt!!!!!!

Today I finally got a chance to go to the race track and with Mardigrasmax and my other friend that owns a stock Mustang GT. My best time was 15.9. On our way over there me and my friend kept on racing each other on the highway just for fun we started from a 55mph roll and kept up with him up until 95mph. Then we went to the track and he likes to run his mouth alot as well so him and matt went at it after a RX7 and Supra or NSX went at it the RX7 won that time and then Matt and my friend with his stock Mustang GT went at it. Matt beat him he ran a 14.2 and my friend ran a 14.9. And then Matt with another mustang gt and the guy at the loud speaker was talking trash for Matt, he said I got my money on the maxima they took off and the maxima is about to take right about now and bam he smoked another Mustang GT once again. My friend video taped other races and if someone is polite enough to tell us how to upload the different races we will be more than happy to show everyone. My friend with the Stock Mustang GT dam nearly smoked a Acura NSX we were excited that he almost did and yes the Acura NSX was hooked up. But not to worry next time we go to the meet all 3 of us should have vortech superchargers to spank a couple of cars, cant spank them all. I did see a hooked accord V6 he ran a 16.4(no turbo) I did ask him if he wanted to run and then he asked you got a supercharger I said no then he said you got a 5 speed I said yes and then he was like aah your going to beat me I was like no I not I got heavy 18's and you dont.
Old 12-08-2001, 04:00 PM

Nice runs...

You would have TAKEN that Accord . But your best run was a 15.9 in a 5spd.? That's depressing.
-Cyrus
Old 12-08-2001, 04:10 PM

Re: Nice runs...

Originally posted by Vyrus
You would have TAKEN that Accord . But your best run was a 15.9 in a 5spd.? That's depressing.
-Cyrus

Remember this is my first time and my reaction time sucks big time, not just that I ran my rpms in second gear above 5 to go to third, so that messed me up as well. That was my best time since I kept on running with my friends Mustang GT since most of the hondas didnt want to run with me matt or my or my friend for the excetpio of this 96-97 accord who had turbo in his car etc... so that made me feel much comfortable and not a bit nervous.
Old 12-08-2001, 04:29 PM

Re: Went To The Race Track For The 1st Time Matt Spanked Two Mustangs Gt!!!!!!

Originally posted by JAY25
My friend with the Stock Mustang GT dam nearly smoked a Acura NSX we were excited that he almost did and yes the Acura NSX was hooked up.
you sure you dont mean Acura RSX?
Old 12-08-2001, 04:33 PM

Jaime, I'm surprised you didn't get better times. You should in the 14s in par with the Mustang GTs. Btw, since you guys live on my side of the river, maybe your Mustang GTs buddies would like race me sometimes, I'm slower then Matt, so I should be good competition.

The Mustang GT almost smoked an NSX? Geez...talk about embarassment for that NSX.

Btw, you shouldn't be surprised that Matt took out the Mustang GTs. Even I could take GTs out, so Matt can definitely kill them.
Old 12-08-2001, 05:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What year Mustangs? Current ones or previous-gen ones?
Old 12-08-2001, 05:24 PM

Originally posted by Micah95GLE
What year Mustangs? Current ones or previous-gen ones?
My friends has a 2000 stock mustang GT, but hes very happy he broke the 14.5 that it is suppose to run. He finally ran a 14.4 and was dearly trying to run a 13.99. Towards the end Matt raced him again, and Matt told him he wasnt going to spray him but he did anyways and my friend was like no no dont do that your cheating he said Matt spanked him from the headstart. Matt also ran with an RX7, In that run if I am not wrong he ran a 13.0 or 13.1 I have to look at the video again. Now the NSX well he eventually ran a 12.? on that run the NSX ran a 14.2 and my friend a 14.6, the NSX later sprayed NOS on a different run my friend told me, He has the video. As for us that got wooped its all good I am not worried about it, thats me and my friend we are both going to purchase superchargers hopefully by the end of Jan 02. We are both not done now were going straight for clutch upgrades and S/C's. He got kicked out of the 14 bracket they told him he couldnt compete no more cause it was for Imports only.
Old 12-08-2001, 06:02 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Re: Went To The Race Track For The 1st Time Matt Spanked Two Mustangs Gt!!!!!!

Originally posted by JAY25
I did see a hooked accord V6 he ran a 16.4(no turbo)
As depressing as that is, it sounds about right

16.4 is pretty bad though, he probably couldn't launch worth a shia... Oh well
Old 12-08-2001, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot
Jaime, I'm surprised you didn't get better times. You should in the 14s in par with the Mustang GTs. Btw, since you guys live on my side of the river, maybe your Mustang GTs buddies would like race me sometimes, I'm slower then Matt, so I should be good competition.

The Mustang GT almost smoked an NSX? Geez...talk about embarassment for that NSX.

Remember what I was saying about those inexperienced guys with all of the power? It's hard for them to get good launches.
Old 12-08-2001, 07:54 PM

RX7 beat this NSX at the begining of the race

Originally posted by deezo

Remember what I was saying about those inexperienced guys with all of the power? It's hard for them to get good launches.
On that same note this dude with the NSX hell catch up to you towards the end and beat you. Some kid that goes to that track said that the NSX driver has all that power but doesnt know how to drive that car that well. He did get spanked by a RX7, that was running 12's as well but at the end he got back at the RX7 he sprayed him.
Man there were suppose to be more US Marines coming with us, they got tied up with the Dday museum event. One of the guys owns a Toyota Aristo, it would have been great to see this 320HP Japaneese monster racing. Well roll deeper next time this guy just got recalled again and his one of his turbos are acting up.

They had many hondas I thought some of those civics would be running high 14's or 15's they did not want to line up with none of us at all. Hell I had to race my friend 3 times. I told all of them all I had was a intake ypipe and exhaust and was a rookie with heavy 18's. I guess they didnt want to take a chance. I even picked a race with a riced out lexus es300 dude asked for my time and said ooh Ill let my car cool down first. , Ill see you in a couple. I never saw him he was running mid 16's he had lighter wheels then I did and a super rocket size wing and many stickers. I was happy to pick on someone my size another V6. Matt was picking at the big dogs.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:34 PM

im still confused how a "hooked up" NSX is only running mid 14s
Old 12-09-2001, 01:28 PM

Re: Nice runs...

Originally posted by Vyrus
-Cyrus
Those heavy 18's aren't helping him any.

Stereodude
Old 12-09-2001, 01:31 PM

Originally posted by Newman96SE
im still confused how a "hooked up" NSX is only running mid 14s
read Matt's post under "Juiced Boost"...the NSX only ran 14s once...the rest of the night he was running low 13s to high 12s....