General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

5spd 98 Max vs 5spd 98 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 08:10 PM

5spd 98 Max vs 5spd 98 GT

Sorry, I could not find any local super cars like others on the board But, did find this older fella and his lady in a 97-98 GT at a stop light. Brief story:

I am sitting at this stop light tonight talking to my girl when this GT pulls up next to me. My foot was kind of anxious for the light to change but then I noticed this guy was in his 40's or 50's, so I thought, "well, guess this is a now show" ,but I still thought I would tease him some to see if he was game, so I rolled forward just a couple of inches, but he just sat there. So, I go back to talking to my girl and see the side lights change to yellow and know I got about 2 secs, at just that moment he rolled forward inching toward the light. So I said what the hell, I will go however fast he goes. Light turns green and he revs through first gear with me right beside him, and then in second we both laid into it again. There was no declared winner because neither one of use pulled away, but then again neither one of use just flat out floored it off the line either. Was one of those races that you want to do, but don't want to waste your gas if the other guy isn't game. I would guess that he felt the same way. But, his Lady friend (most likely wife) did look over kind of confused at why this four door was still beside her husbands sports car.

For the Safety Patrol, remember, I just said we went through second gear, no further. After that he turned off...
Old 12-14-2001, 08:48 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

A '95 GT 5spd is exactly as quick as a '95 Max 5spd. So, in this case it really shouldn't be different.

Unless it was a '99+ in which case he shoulda pulled on your @ss.
Old 12-14-2001, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
A '95 GT 5spd is exactly as quick as a '95 Max 5spd. So, in this case it really shouldn't be different.

Unless it was a '99+ in which case he shoulda pulled on your @ss.
Yep, it sure as hell wasn't a 99+
Old 12-14-2001, 08:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: 5spd 98 Max vs 5spd 98 GT

Originally posted by Victim64
Sorry, I could not find any local super cars like others on the board. But, did find this older fella and his lady in a 97-98 GT at a stop light. Brief story:

I am sitting at this stop light tonight talking to my girl when this GT pulls up next to me. My foot was kind of anxious for the light to change but then I noticed this guy was in his 40's or 50's, so I thought, "well, guess this is a now show" ,but I still thought I would tease him some to see if he was game, so I rolled forward just a couple of inches, but he just sat there. So, I go back to talking to my girl and see the side lights change to yellow and know I got about 2 secs, at just that moment he rolled forward inching toward the light. So I said what the hell, I will go however fast he goes. Light turns green and he revs through first gear with me right beside him, and then in second we both laid into it again. There was no declared winner because neither one of use pulled away, but then again neither one of use just flat out floored it off the line either. Was one of those races that you want to do, but don't want to waste your gas if the other guy isn't game. I would guess that he felt the same way. But, his Lady friend (most likely wife) did look over kind of confused at why this four door was still beside her husbands sports car.

For the Safety Patrol, remember, I just said we went through second gear, no further. After that he turned off...
Good race . I raced my friends slghtly modded 97 GT 5spd{jet chip, gears and K&N} a while back with my moded 95. Those older mustangs pack a good low end punch, I got taken by about 1.5 car lengths off the launch{damn snow tires!}, but by the time we hit 70 MPH we were door to door with me pulling strong. After 70 the mustang had nothing left to offer and I walked him BIG time. By 100 MPH I pulled 4 car's on him, lol. So if you kept going you would have walked away.
Old 12-14-2001, 09:12 PM

Re: Re: 5spd 98 Max vs 5spd 98 GT

Originally posted by emax95

Good race . I raced my friends slghtly modded 97 GT 5spd{jet chip, gears and K&N} a while back with my moded 95. Those older mustangs pack a good low end punch, I got taken by about 1.5 car lengths off the launch{damn snow tires!}, but by the time we hit 70 MPH we were door to door with me pulling strong. After 70 the mustang had nothing left to offer and I walked him BIG time. By 100 MPH I pulled 4 car's on him, lol. So if you kept going you would have walked away.
lol, you know if I had went ahead and gotten the 6spd like someone I know, I could have just handed him his a$$
Old 12-14-2001, 09:12 PM
SLOW

Cool race. We just got the year's first snow so no more racing for me this year probably.