General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Got 5 tickets by the nice police officer......

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by Kyle7475

About the blue lights. Most of these are 100% street legal and you can prove them wrong. Leave the package in your car(if it says 100% street legal) and show it to the officer. If he still brings you to court, than fight it. Same thing with altezza's. State trooper's seem to think they are not legal because they don't have a amber turning signal. But APC guarantees them 100% street legal. I had a friend get pulled over for altezza's and when the cop told him the reason they wasn't legal(no amber signal) he pointed out at a 00' mustang and said that mustang doesn't have amber turning signals, go write him a ticket. He got out of the ticket and no one else around here has gotten a ticket for them.
State law outweighs what a box printed in Japan says. Blue lights are simply illegal. The Altezza lights are a different story.
Old 12-16-2001, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by Kyle7475

About the blue lights. Most of these are 100% street legal and you can prove them wrong. Leave the package in your car(if it says 100% street legal) and show it to the officer. If he still brings you to court, than fight it. Same thing with altezza's. State trooper's seem to think they are not legal because they don't have a amber turning signal. But APC guarantees them 100% street legal. I had a friend get pulled over for altezza's and when the cop told him the reason they wasn't legal(no amber signal) he pointed out at a 00' mustang and said that mustang doesn't have amber turning signals, go write him a ticket. He got out of the ticket and no one else around here has gotten a ticket for them.
I have some baggies of pot that says 100% street legal. It doesn't make it so. If you read your packages on 99% of colored lights (blue/red/green) it says for off road use only. Even the 85 watt bulbs we like to put in our fogs say that. Stop spreading the wrong word. This is how companies get around the DOT laws, they put on the package from off road use only. If you are worried about altezza or clear corners look to see the DOT approved stamp on it. Take a picture and bring it to court with your award winning smile.
Old 12-16-2001, 09:07 AM

Actually I thought it was funny

but there are only 5 cops in Prince William County, MD.. LOL!!

Originally posted by deezo
That was corny.
Old 12-16-2001, 09:14 AM

Yep

Blue lights are illegal in prolly every state in the country.. But I still wonder about these HID's that have a seemingly blueish tint.. Seems like a grey area or a loop is out there..

Originally posted by SprintMax
despite what your rice package says.. check your laws.. Blue lights are not allowed on automobiles that are not emergency automobiles.. go check your local library..

Old 12-16-2001, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Re: Yep

Originally posted by Washington DC Maxima
Blue lights are illegal in prolly every state in the country.. But I still wonder about these HID's that have a seemingly blueish tint.. Seems like a grey area or a loop is out there..

thing is .. if you walk up to them after they warm up.. they are white.. the blue tint is from a distance because of the Xenon gas
Old 12-16-2001, 09:23 AM

Re: Re: Yep

You figure most cops will see you from a distance then pull you over. I don't know..... The closest I had to blue lights were my clear Piaa 1400's.. They looked blue if you stood at a certain angle up close but were white at distances..

thing is .. if you walk up to them after they warm up.. they are white.. the blue tint is from a distance because of the Xenon gas
Old 12-16-2001, 09:26 AM

I bet when he started this thread at 4 am he didn't think he would have 4 almost 5 pages of terror by the time he woke up. HA HA HA
Old 12-16-2001, 10:42 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Got 5 tickets....Damn pigs

Originally posted by CHI99Limited
"what does this clown want".
At this point i am irate,
So i agrue with him for a moment
When he handed me the tickets i told him "thanks will need toilet paper to wipe my *** with later"
So after i get the 5 tickets i go into the store and when i come back out the 2 squads are still next to my car talking. So i started reving my car to redline so they couldnt hear each other. I have intake so its prety loud
I then tell her i was warming my car up and to go and try to find more tickets to give because i dont thin its possilbe
We then agrue or a few minutes and i end up just snapping and telling her off.
you are an immature, insolent, piece of garbage. you brought this onto yourself. sure his reasons for pulling you over are petty, but he had the legal right to do so. becoming "irate" as you put it and arguing with the cop did not and will not help your case. i'm sure that was the first thing that crossed your mind . you must lack any common sense for revving on those cops. who do you think you are?

you aren't the first riceboy with the "i'm right and youre wrong because the taiwanese-manufactured package says so" mentality he encountered. the minute he layed eyes on your car it reminded him of the same little adolescent argumentative ****** he encounted in the past. this cop is going to give the same treatment to the next riceboy he sees buzzing down the road with tinted headlight bulbs and a fartpipe exhaust. your contempt for cops disgust me. i can somewhat relate to you in the frustration because i've been pulled over long ago in highschool for "tinted front windows" (illegal in california) even though i had NO TINT WHATSOEVER ON THE CAR. however i did not react with disregard like you did. all the above quotes shine a bright beacon on your annoying elementary school mentality. grow up. i have no sympathy for you.
Old 12-16-2001, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Weasel
Delete this trash.
for real
WTF is your problem
Old 12-16-2001, 10:58 AM
rabson

Just calling it like I see it. The one time I needed a cop it took 30 minutes for them to arrive. He was probably out writing tickets. Minimum requirement should be set for being a COP. College Educated & over 6 feet tall. Cops deserve what they get. They chose the profession for a reason. But 90% chose it for the wrong reason. They want the badge, gun and power because of the reasons I stated previously.

Old 12-16-2001, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by rabson
I think it was ICE-T who said it best.. **** THE POLICE. Anymore they hire some 5'5" little hitler that flunked Mcdonalds. So of course nobody has respect for these little ******. They were the geeks that got their asses kicked in high school. I feel for the guy from CHI-Town I know how it is being from Peoria. Went to Southern Il Univ. We would riot against the ****** many times a year. Throw their ***** tear gas back at them. Throw rocks.

Moral of the Story- COPS are Pussies!!!
Did you go there just to push a mop or did you actually graduate? I would hope an educated person would have the sense to see the real issue here. I bet you rioted against the police....cell block riots. Have you ever even seen a tear gas canister? It' only is only about 900 degrees when it's burning. I'm sure you just picked it up and gave it a toss---with 4 fingers melted to it. I do agree that there a lot of officers out there that do not have a temperment for their job. But the fact is respect them for what they do, not how they do it.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:06 AM

Just calling it like I see it. The one time I needed a cop it took 30 minutes for them to arrive. He was probably out writing tickets. Minimum requirement should be set for being a COP. College Educated & over 6 feet tall. Cops deserve what they get. They chose the profession for a reason. But 90% chose it for the wrong reason. They want the badge, gun and power because of the reasons I stated previously.
**** off u newb *****. u wouldn't be talking ish if they night sticked ur a$$ and threw u in jail
Old 12-16-2001, 11:08 AM
rabson

Originally posted by SLC I30t

Did you go there just to push a mop or did you actually graduate? I would hope an educated person would have the sense to see the real issue here. I bet you rioted against the police....cell block riots. Have you ever even seen a tear gas canister? It' only is only about 900 degrees when it's burning. I'm sure you just picked it up and gave it a toss---with 4 fingers melted to it. I do agree that there a lot of officers out there that do not have a temperment for their job. But the fact is respect them for what they do, not how they do it.
Engineering degree. Does not mean I always have to be politically correct. No they were not 900 degrees. Pair of gloves is all you need.
They were hot though.
They do not deserve respect by default. They should have to earn it like anybody else. Badge/Gun generally = napolean complex

Old 12-16-2001, 11:19 AM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....0&pagenumber=1

In short: stop calling cops pigs and learn to respect the uniform..
Posted this in the other thread thought I would here too
Originally posted by medicsonic

BigDawg, that sucks, but at least you didn't call him a 'pig' like the idiots that do something wrong and then complain about getting caught.
So I am an idiot for calling a police officer a pig for tailgating me on a main road, at 45mph (the speed limit) the right lane open me in the left lane, then he passes me in the turning lane, then pulls his freakking *** into fazolies drivethrough. I was doing something wrong for him to do that? without lights on? Or me sitting a red light and a cop coms up to the light, turns his blues on and runs the light, then turns them off right after he drives through it? So he is just an officer of the law protecting and serving? NO he is a freaking pig plain and simple, cops who abuse there power, use their lights to get through traffic and redlights are pigs,, How do you respect that uniform?cops who do their jobs and give tickets for illegal things I have respect for not the ones who just use there badge as a reason to break the law and get away with it I do not
Old 12-16-2001, 11:23 AM
rabson

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97

Posted this in the other thread thought I would here too

So I am an idiot for calling a police officer a pig for tailgating me on a main road, at 45mph (the speed limit) the right lane open me in the left lane, then he passes me in the turning lane, then pulls his freakking *** into fazolies drivethrough. I was doing something wrong for him to do that? without lights on? Or me sitting a red light and a cop coms up to the light, turns his blues on and runs the light, then turns them off right after he drives through it? So he is just an officer of the law protecting and serving? NO he is a freaking pig plain and simple, cops who abuse there power, use their lights to get through traffic and redlights are pigs,, How do you respect that uniform?
Agree with you 100%. Seems alot of bacon has a gun & badge though

Old 12-16-2001, 11:23 AM

Got night sticked in college for "Failure to Maintain Premises"
Another incident that made me just love pigs.
I answered the door at 7 A.M. cleaned all the cups from the front yard from party the night before. Bagged everything nicely. Told me to move a roomates motorcycle. Did not have the keys. He toqued my left arm behind my back.

Then the little pig got hip tossed. Told him when he is on his back looking up he's not winning. Then his partner kicked my *** with his stick. Got it thrown out because they cannot hit above the waist.
he he he...model citizen...
I bet he was supprised to get a little martial arts unleashed.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:30 AM

guys...I understand that respect for officers of the law is good practice....BUT....when you don't DO ANYTHING wrong, and they treat you like crap, that is just plain fu*ked up. He wasn't speeding, he didn't commit any moving violations...and the wrote him tickets for things like tints....which you have to shine a light through to test (they didn't do that), exhaust which has to be sound tested (they didn't do that either), and the supposed blue lights, which he has a box for that says they are DOT legal. They are not higher wattage than stock. The only real legit thing they got him for was not having a front license plate. The fact is these "officers of the law" harrassed him....and they are going to be in big trouble for it. These officers acted unprofessionally and disrespectfully toward Adam, and I think they are the ones who need to learn how to deal with people better.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:37 AM
rabson

he he he...model citizen...
I bet he was supprised to get a little martial arts unleashed.
It was very humorous until his partner started whooping me. Best part is my girlfriend comes flying off the front porch and puts the other guy on his ***. Looked like something out of cops. I was in my boxers. 2 cops on the ground. A porch full of beer cups. The girlfriend telling the cops to f off. I go to jail for a couple of hours. Took pics of my beating on my kidneys and lower back. Judge confiscates them and throws out the case.

Old 12-16-2001, 11:39 AM

Officer Discretion.

Were you there? Do you know that his boxes say DOT approved?
If they are anything other than halogen or Quartz Halogen (HID is it's own thing) 55/65 bulbs I doubt they are legal. In most cities it is illegal to have your fog lights on unless it is bad weather. It boils down to the cop used his "discretion" to ticket him for what ever the first offense was. Then his lack or respect (2 : an act of giving particular attention : CONSIDERATION) to the cop when he got approached. If he would've kept his mouth shut he more than likely would've gotten fix-it tickets. But his insistance to act picked on and frustrated only led him into more problems.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:42 AM

OMG. ... not again...

...have you learned your lesson from allthis? I don't know how many times youv'e heard this but here goes..

You get pulled over.
Its yes sir,
no sir,
thank you sir,
save the F u c k you sir for when they are gone.

Revvin your engine.....askin for it. All they got is tint, no plate, and a bad opionion of you cause your disrespect. If you say they are Aholes, and you know it, then play their game, cause you can't win.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:44 AM
Administrator

read smooth operators post.. your boy was being eff'n ********..
Originally posted by BriGuyMax
guys...I understand that respect for officers of the law is good practice....BUT....when you don't DO ANYTHING wrong, and they treat you like crap, that is just plain fu*ked up. He wasn't speeding, he didn't commit any moving violations...and the wrote him tickets for things like tints....which you have to shine a light through to test (they didn't do that), exhaust which has to be sound tested (they didn't do that either), and the supposed blue lights, which he has a box for that says they are DOT legal. They are not higher wattage than stock. The only real legit thing they got him for was not having a front license plate. The fact is these "officers of the law" harrassed him....and they are going to be in big trouble for it. These officers acted unprofessionally and disrespectfully toward Adam, and I think they are the ones who need to learn how to deal with people better.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:45 AM

It was very humorous until his partner started whooping me. Best part is my girlfriend comes flying off the front porch and puts the other guy on his ***. Looked like something out of cops. I was in my boxers. 2 cops on the ground. A porch full of beer cups. The girlfriend telling the cops to f off. I go to jail for a couple of hours. Took pics of my beating on my kidneys and lower back. Judge confiscates them and throws out the case.
only if you lived in a trailer park florida and were missing most of your teeth and a dirty wife beater shirt
Old 12-16-2001, 11:47 AM
rabson

only if you lived in a trailer park florida and were missing most of your teeth and a dirty wife beater shirt
and a CAT Diesel hat.

Old 12-16-2001, 11:48 AM

This police municipality has been giving me tickets for no reason since i had my car. I am geting tired of this and also this police officer was being as *******. I didn't start being disrespectful until he started giving me attitude like he was superior to everyone because hes got a badge. This polce officer gave my buddy a ticket for tints too and was an ******* to him also. He can give me all the tickts he wants to, my lawyor is gonna have a field day with these pigs.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:50 AM
rabson

This police municipality has been giving me tickets for no reason since i had my car. I am geting tired of this and also this police officer was being as *******. I didn't start being disrespectful until he started giving me attitude like he was superior to everyone because hes got a badge. This polce officer gave my buddy a ticket for tints too and was an ******* to him also. He can give me all the tickts he wants to, my lawyor is gonna have a field day with these pigs.
which burb are you from? Skokie, Des Plaines?

Old 12-16-2001, 11:52 AM

Your wasting your $$$ if your buyin a lawyer.

Think about it.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:56 AM

which burb are you from? Skokie, Des Plaines?
He's from Hinsdale, but he was pulled over by the Darian police...they ARE a bunch of Aholes.....
Old 12-16-2001, 11:57 AM
Administrator

spoiled rich kids.. doesn't suprise me.. may your tickets continue to flow gracefully
Old 12-16-2001, 11:57 AM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....0&pagenumber=1

In short: stop calling cops pigs and learn to respect the uniform..
Respect the uniform? Why should i respect this guy for pulling me over for nothing? I could see if i was speeding and he adds these tickets on to a speeding ticket. Also most cops i have ever met are degenerates that couldn't do anything else to make a living becasue they didn't have the intelligence.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:58 AM

I have to admit that a lot of cops do instanly stigmatize a modded car as a street racing punk.

If your lucky your lawyer might get your fines reduced, but if you think he/she will be able to get the charges dropped. I think your wasting your time. Judges tend to back the officers when it comes down to discretion, also when you decided to through a tantrum and rev your engine and so forth... You blew any chance you had at the I was an innocent guy just sitting in his car alibi. But I have to say in general you did fit the stigma that they place on modded cars... So thanks for reinforcing that to them. You made life so much easier for the rest of us
Old 12-16-2001, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Respect the uniform? Why should i respect this guy for pulling me over for nothing? I could see if i was speeding and he adds these tickets on to a speeding ticket. Also most cops i have ever met are degenerates that couldn't do anything else to make a living becasue they didn't have the intelligence.
read smooth operators post.. he broke down every aspect of you being a little *****.. my only hope is one day someone will ither put a bullet in your *** or you will get arrested on a friday and come out on a monday
Old 12-16-2001, 12:01 PM

He doesn't even have any charges....

...you are getting a lawyer to defend fines? Must have never really been in trouble. If you had you'd know the game by now.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:01 PM

I have to admit that a lot of cops do instanly stigmatize a modded car as a street racing punk.

If your lucky your lawyer might get your fines reduced, but if you think he/she will be able to get the charges dropped. I think your wasting your time. Judges tend to back the officers when it comes down to discretion, also when you decided to through a tantrum and rev your engine and so forth... You blew any chance you had at the I was an innocent guy just sitting in his car alibi. But I have to say in general you did fit the stigma that they place on modded cars... So thanks for reinforcing that to them. You made life so much easier for the rest of us
umm...since when is revving your engine illegal?!?!?!
I bet he'll get off of almost everything because the officer did NOT follow the correct procedure to check for violations. He didn't CHECK the tint...he didn't CHECK the exhaust...that won't hold up in court worth $hit.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:02 PM

Exactly

get arrested on a friday and come out on a monday
Then he'll realize.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:04 PM
Administrator

I bet he'll get off of almost everything because the officer did NOT follow the correct procedure to check for violations. He didn't CHECK the tint...he didn't CHECK the exhaust...that won't hold up in court worth $hit.
'

its a noise ordinance.. go check your local library.. it is also a sign of disrespect to an officer.. its called intimidation.. so he wrote him some bogus tickets.. officers do it all the time.. but if he keeps being a ****.. he deserves it.. read smooth operators post.. your friend started the battle.. he is just mad he lost the war
Old 12-16-2001, 12:08 PM

sure it does, it holds the case as far as the characterizing the defendant that he was incoperative and resistfull. That blows his story of trying to portray that he was abused by the system and bad cop. It makes him look like he was antagonizing, he's not going to get out of the fix its. Well the altezza's maybe, if they are truely stamped on the lens. But the rest he knew he was not in regulation with the law, he posted that. I went and pulled the cases for my PIAA hyper whites, "for off road use only" I looked at my hyper white wrappers since I put them in sat night, "for off road use only".

I don't think anyone is denying that the cops behavior was wrong, but you have to look at the point that it was escalted by the behavior of the driver.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:13 PM

'

its a noise ordinance.. go check your local library.. it is also a sign of disrespect to an officer.. its called intimidation.. so he wrote him some bogus tickets.. officers do it all the time.. but if he keeps being a ****.. he deserves it.. read smooth operators post.. your friend started the battle.. he is just mad he lost the war
He gave me the revving ticket for "neglegent driving" nt for noise. I was in a parking space.....how was i driving. Also he wasthe one who started being and ******* to me and my friend. Im not mad at all about "losing the war" because my lawyor is unreal. I wouldn't be surprised if all these tikets are dropped, its just the point i have to waste my time to go to court.

I was also going to say that cops love RED CARS.. check the statistics on cars that get pulled over the most.. they are RED colored Cars..
oh no! i better go hide in the garage
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

next time you encounter this treatment do not argue with the cop! suck it up and hold your composure. have the system work for you. last thing they want is to have demerits in their files which can affect their job advancement opportunities and or retirement pension.

if you believe that your rights were violated you should immediately file a complaint report. you do NOT have to file it directly to that shift's watchcommander. chances are he/she are in "good terms" with his/her subordinates and will be hesitant to help.

you can do it anonymously over the phone instead of in-person but doing so carries less weight. if a different watchcommander is less than helpful talk to another watchcommander on a different shift.

they will process and review your complaint. get a photocopy from them as your "receipt".

they may never contact you again...but that doesn't mean your effort was in vain. if a pattern arises from frequent reports then this bad cop will be sifted out.

if the police dept is less than helpful then go to a city councilmember or the city atty to complain. city attorneys sometimes hard to reach but councilmembers usually aren't. they have nothing better to do and most of the time are willing to help.

if the above doesn't yeild results then speak to the DA's office. this is your last resort. most counties have a small police watchdog program and will review your case to see if any laws or rights are violated. believe me DDAs/ADAs would love to get their hands on a rogue cop.

**** happens and encountering rogue cops once in a blue moon are unfortunately a part of life. but the way you guys respond and handle these situations tell me that it will be recurring problem for you (which is unfortunate). sounds like it will be a recurring problem for CHI99Limited.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:16 PM

'

noise ordinaces vary in every town, of every county, of every state in the country sprinty You can't tell me that you know what the local noise ordinace is (if there even is one) in Darian, IL. The war has just started...it is by no means over.

Quick Reply: Got 5 tickets by the nice police officer......