General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Need info on fighting laser gun!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2000, 03:54 PM

I got a ticket today. I was driving the GS400 and was lazy to get the V1 from the M, since I drive on GCP everyday I never really see cops so I didn't think it was a big deal.
So I was running with this 911, he got off at an exit and I kept my pace, once I saw the trooper on the side in the front, I braked to 70mph, he started moving, I knew right there my *** is nailed. So he turned on lights, I pulled over.
After the good moring and chit chat BS, he said he lasered me twice, once at 97mph, once at 86mph when I was slowing down. He came back with a speeding ticket at 86 and told me he did me a favor, favor my *** that's still 31 over the limit I have to go to court.
The plead is of course not guilty, but I need as much info as I can get to fight this thing. I remember Jeff92se(?) once linked an artical on laser gun lost in court in NJ(?) due to inaccurate? Can I get that link again and any supporting materials you guys might know?

Btw, I think it's alot harder to talk the officer outta ticket when driving GS400 and likes. I got out of several speeding incidents at night before in college years in Civic, my usual excuses were I am a poor college student who just got off a night shift jon and I need to get back to the dorm in school by 11pm or they lock the door, which always workd. My last ticket was more than 3 years ago in Civic on a nice Sunday moring on the way to beach, speeding at 92 and got ticket for 79(under 25 over limit no need to go to court).
Today I was trying to do some talking, the cop was like yeah whatever should I feel bad for you?

Oh well, help me out people!
Old 08-30-2000, 04:21 PM
I'm needing a caw

That sucks Chris! -->

I looked high and low for that link but can't find it. Sorry man.
Old 08-30-2000, 04:23 PM
is invisible

Help?

Why do I get the sense that Woodear's not going to get much help from this BBS?

My dad rolled a stop sign and was ticketed. He got some book that looked pretty good from the library...but I'm wasting my time(I don't remember the title:-P)
Sorry I could be of much...hell, any help
Old 08-30-2000, 05:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If I rememeber the article right. . . Unless for some reason no one has contested radar in your state, the only way to get around it is to prove that the officer didn't use it correctly or was not authorized to use it. . .

If you are going to try and set precident, I would go and find a good lawyer, but more than likely precident has already been set and laser is there to stay and you can't question its validity.
Old 08-30-2000, 05:47 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Adidas_Boy
If I rememeber the article right. . . Unless for some reason no one has contested radar in your state, the only way to get around it is to prove that the officer didn't use it correctly or was not authorized to use it. . .

If you are going to try and set precident, I would go and find a good lawyer, but more than likely precident has already been set and laser is there to stay and you can't question its validity.

but the article had some very awesome points about the weaknesses of laser...any judge will be willing to listen to those arguments and if those arguments are valid then i think the judge may be a little more lenient unless he is a total *** and makes Chris pay no matter what..

also Chris...if the cop doesn't show you can get out of it....the times i have gotten tickets and went to court with my lawyer, the judge brings it down to a misdemeanor ordinance violation which brings the penalty down and (in NJ) throws out any points you could have gotten...when it comes down to it, if you're going to go to court...bring a lawyer with you
Old 08-30-2000, 05:47 PM

V1???Forget it!

Man-
I can tell ytou first hand the V1 would have done not one thing but tell you to pull over. I have one stealth mounted in my 95Se and have been nailed with laser twice. That thing is useless...as are all laser detectors. I truly believe that the only thing they are good for is to tell you to pull over and get ready for the rod up your A$$. Please don't get me wrong, the V1 is a good unit. However, no detector is any match for laser. You can't detect it ahead of time any further than .25mile away, and by that time they got ya....forget it!
My advise? Prove he wasn't trained to use it, prove that was something else in the area bigger than you the laser could have it...although I doubt it after you just told us you were speeding.....sounds like it was you he got Other than that? Suck it up, slow down and pay it! Sorry man...but thats what I have had to do. My insruance company is about to can me if I get another....YIKES! I am already paying 1100/year!

SHUMAX
Old 08-30-2000, 05:54 PM
is invisible

I think Shumax is right...

>>>My advise? Prove he wasn't trained to use it, prove that was something else in the area bigger than you the laser could have it

Supposedly the officer has to take some kind of test and score adequately to be "laser certified". If you can find out if he's not "laser certified" or if his test scores are mediocre, then you have a chance. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2000, 06:03 PM

I think the judge will listen to any eveidence presented against radar, but, more than likely, they won't take it into account as it has already been proven in court to be a valid way of determining speed. . . It is worth a try, but then you would have to come up with some eveidence that it was another vehicle or something else that the officer got instead.

Other things to consider, 1. Did the officer hold the gun from outside the vehicle? Laser can only be used when nothing is blocking its view, therefore has to be held outside the car. 2. Was the car he was in completely stopped? (which more than likely it was) but anyway, if it was moving, than the laser reading was completely inaccurate as it can't be used while being moved. . .

Maybe you can try and prove that the officer didn't have a steady hand. I know the article had something about completely misreading an object as like 10 MPH over what the real speed was because the operator couldn't hold it steady.
Old 08-30-2000, 06:30 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by WoodEar
I got a ticket today. I was driving the GS400 and was lazy to get the V1 from the M, since I drive on GCP everyday I never really see cops so I didn't think it was a big deal.
So I was running with this 911, he got off at an exit and I kept my pace, once I saw the trooper on the side in the front, I braked to 70mph, he started moving, I knew right there my *** is nailed. So he turned on lights, I pulled over.
After the good moring and chit chat BS, he said he lasered me twice, once at 97mph, once at 86mph when I was slowing down. He came back with a speeding ticket at 86 and told me he did me a favor, favor my *** that's still 31 over the limit I have to go to court.
The plead is of course not guilty, but I need as much info as I can get to fight this thing. I remember Jeff92se(?) once linked an artical on laser gun lost in court in NJ(?) due to inaccurate? Can I get that link again and any supporting materials you guys might know?

Btw, I think it's alot harder to talk the officer outta ticket when driving GS400 and likes. I got out of several speeding incidents at night before in college years in Civic, my usual excuses were I am a poor college student who just got off a night shift jon and I need to get back to the dorm in school by 11pm or they lock the door, which always workd. My last ticket was more than 3 years ago in Civic on a nice Sunday moring on the way to beach, speeding at 92 and got ticket for 79(under 25 over limit no need to go to court).
Today I was trying to do some talking, the cop was like yeah whatever should I feel bad for you?

Oh well, help me out people!
where were u? around what exit? east or westbound?
if it was a state trooper those guys are generally certified to use that stuff...so if you're going w/ that plan..make sure to get a plan B. lawyer will help u in this case.
i dunno about the other guys but the V1 could've save you here. yeah yeah...i know laser is only picked up if it was shot at you...well if the laser was shot at a few cars infront of you the V1 will pick up the laser scatter..happened to me a few times w/ a NYS trooper. i'm sure the there was other cars on the road and etc so there's a good chance of laser scatter.
lesson to the rest of u guys...if u see a car that's parked perpendicular to the road and one big *** arm out the window w/ a gun (2 lenses..1 top and 1 bottom) and he sees you...1st thing to do is CHANGE lanes!!! hide behind a van, SUV, truck. it takes the guy a few seconds to reaim the damn gun and by that time hopefully you're going slow enough for him to pick u at a "resonable" speed...
on the wantagh state pkwy (2 lanes) i saw a state tropper in a SUV. i saw him and about 1 sec later he shot out a bean...right b4 that i changed lanes behind a van..the V1 was going like crazy. when i got close he shot me like 4-5 times..everytime trying to hit me or something. when i pass him he shot me again to double check. BASTARDS!

chris u know anyone who knows an public official?? judge/chief of something??
that may help you out. PBA cards? anything?
good luck
Dan
Old 08-30-2000, 06:34 PM
JimW

Methinks you're busted on this one--->

even with the V1 you don't stand a chance when you've been lasered. (didn't know they were using laser on the GCP, I've seen them on the belt and the VZ bridge)
From what I understand Laser guns are the most accurate, and you'll be hard pressed to prove your innocence.
Best bet (in my book) is to hire a attorney, and show up in court. It'll probably take 4-5 months to get to court, with any luck, you'll get some point reduction (31 over is 6 points)
I'm fighting a radar ticket I got in July, and my court date is now mid- November.

Old 08-30-2000, 06:56 PM

I was going east bound between 30-31, you know the big curve right after the Meadow Brook Pkway exit, that 911 blow passed me around that curve at triple digit speed I believe, so I was flooring it after the turn.
At least I feel better knowing the V1 wouldn't really helped. Damn, that 911 prolly knew someting I didn't, he all of sudden took the exit off and next thing I know a trooper parked on the side ahead.

I will sure bring an attorney, at least get the points taken off.
Old 08-30-2000, 07:24 PM

I tried doing an internet search but couldn't find the article you refer to. I thought I had bookmarked it but I guess not. I did find http://www.radarbusters.com but their content is limited.

I really think you should get a lawyer to help you fight it. The last time I got a whopper like that I did and got it reduced. If I didn't have a lawyer, the prosecutor would not even have spoken to me. The trooper actually showed up to testify.

Jim
Old 08-30-2000, 07:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The 911 driver probably had a V1! He saw that laser was being used and got the hell out of Dodge.
Old 08-30-2000, 07:49 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I was going east bound between 30-31, you know the big curve right after the Meadow Brook Pkway exit, that 911 blow passed me around that curve at triple digit speed I believe, so I was flooring it after the turn.
At least I feel better knowing the V1 wouldn't really helped. Damn, that 911 prolly knew someting I didn't, he all of sudden took the exit off and next thing I know a trooper parked on the side ahead.

I will sure bring an attorney, at least get the points taken off.
ahhh damn!! u mean it was right after the MSP turnoff?? well there's normally a cop on the right side..sometimes in the breakdown lane..sometime behind the merging wall. most of the time i see a camaro state trooper there.

i say lawyer bro...nothing to mess around w/ here.
good luck
Dan
Old 08-30-2000, 08:57 PM

DAMN, didn't know cops weren't alowd to do that crap thats good to know. just today a cop had his laser gun in the car while clocking people. And just last week I was driving down a slow two lane road and a cop was coming towards me at what looked to be a steady 30 mph with his laser gun in the car! That would never hold up in court!
Old 08-31-2000, 06:01 AM
Disco Biscuit

It's best to not fight this one.

Let's face it, everyone in the courtroom knows you were speeding. You have better chances of being honest and straight forward. Honesty can be so unusual these days, the judge may go easier on you than if you try to fight it. It's worked for me a couple times. Remember they've heard every excuse at least 10 times! ( I know I've used them all at least onece!)
Just my 2 cents and good luck bro....
Old 08-31-2000, 06:21 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: It's best to not fight this one.

Originally posted by Whitemax
Let's face it, everyone in the courtroom knows you were speeding. You have better chances of being honest and straight forward. Honesty can be so unusual these days, the judge may go easier on you than if you try to fight it. It's worked for me a couple times. Remember they've heard every excuse at least 10 times! ( I know I've used them all at least onece!)
Just my 2 cents and good luck bro....
so basically mail the ticket back w/ the fine and call it a day?? HELLS NO!

yeah well basically everytime you go to court you're guilty. you notice it doesn't say that you plea innocent?? because you did SOME crime..or something wrong.

you'll have a better chance w/ the courts if you go in and try to plea bargain and not plea guilty.

Dan
Old 08-31-2000, 06:54 AM
Disco Biscuit

That's not what I said.

He can't just mail it in because of the speed. He made the comment that he was going to plead not guilty. All I said was why plead not guilty when everyone knows you are. If you want to try to get a reduced fine, plead guilty, and don't waste the courts time. You have a better chance. I speak from experience.
Really, what are the chances you are going to prove to the judge that the cop, who does this for a living, didn't know how to use the laser gun........
Old 08-31-2000, 07:28 AM

wanna hear my story

i have the v1 too. i got pulled over on the way back up north from LA. the radar detector caught the Ka band and i thot it was a false alarm pressed mute kept driving and funny lights started flashing behind me.. never saw him.. crap.. hahah stuck with a ticket now. i heard one point gets cleared every 18months or sumthing. just go to traffic school. plead guilty.. less trouble. :
Old 08-31-2000, 07:32 AM

My experience

Hey woodear
I was in court for a 91 in a 55 about a month ago.
Things to do
1. Try to find a lawyer who knows the prosecutor in the court you are going to. because the prosecutor is just another lawyer by day who does the prosecutor thing at night. most times lawyers are friends and if you find a lawyer who knows the proseutor you can settle it even b4 you show up to court. my lawyer knows the clifton prosec. and got my cuz out of a 45 in a 25 NO POINTS !
but my case sucked cuz nobody new that ***** that i had so i got screwed. No. 1 thing is see if you know any cops in the area where you got a ticket cuz it really helps and they often talk to each other and they'll do each other favors.
If you can't do any of the above def. take a lawyer to court and ask for a lower fine. In my case the pros. lowered it to a 62 in a 55, THEN the A$$hole judge saw the 91 mph and started screaming at me and said no lower than a 72 so i got ****ed with 4 points , its still better than 6.

2. the whole radar thing.
you can only use that if .
1. the officer must take a radar certification test every year if he hasn't thats good. if yes then your .out of luck
2. The radar must have been certified in the last 6 mnths or year, not sure ? your lawyer would know.

this is whats gonna help you. Its too late for PBA cards.

If any1 is intersted i took a AAA driving course one week after i got the points. ( i didn't have to take it i chose to) and it takes 2 points off your licese and lowers your insurance 5-10% anyway hopefully by the time my insurance renews they 2 points will have been dedcuted from my licsene and i'll only be charged with 2 instead of 4 points.

THE COOL THING IS
the guy who taught the class spent like 1 hour teaching us how to avoid radar and how to talk to cops and what to do in court and so it really helped me.
if any1 wants info on the course just ask...its $50

Good luck Woodear

Ant
Old 08-31-2000, 07:35 AM
The missing moderator

Here's the link

http://www.caranddriver.com/FrameSet/0,1350,_sl_NewArticle_sl_0_cm_1633_cm_1347_1_24_cm_ 00,00.html
Old 08-31-2000, 07:52 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: That's not what I said.

He can't just mail it in because of the speed. He made the comment that he was going to plead not guilty. All I said was why plead not guilty when everyone knows you are. If you want to try to get a reduced fine, plead guilty, and don't waste the courts time. You have a better chance. I speak from experience.
Really, what are the chances you are going to prove to the judge that the cop, who does this for a living, didn't know how to use the laser gun........
ok..in NYS you have to plea not guilty to go to court. if you plea guilty at court..they'll tell u to go to the clerk and pay the fine. BELIEVE me..i've been there...i've been at the same court chris will be going to...so if you've been in the same court and town that chris is going to then don't tell him to plea guilty because they are going to say.."ok..pay at the clerk"

in Nassau cty you plea not guilty and hopefully when you go to the court the judge will plea bargain with you and up the fine and lower the points.

it's possible that the gun wasn't calibrated.
Dan
Old 08-31-2000, 07:57 AM
The missing moderator

Re: That's not what I said.

Read that Car and driver link I posted... it's not useless to fight it. We know he was speeding, but the court doesn't. He has yet to be proven guilty. Fact of the matter is did he infact get clocked? Oh as far as your last remark, apparantly cops don't know about the laser gun technology too well...

-shing
Old 08-31-2000, 08:04 AM

Yeah, but he was speeding... Why not be a man and take responsibility for your actions?
Old 08-31-2000, 08:18 AM
Disco Biscuit

well, I'm only speaking from what happened to me...

I had to go to court in Manhattan, and My job provided me with a lawyer. I got the book thrown at me because he tried to plead not guilty. The pros. pulled me aside and told me all the charges would have been dropped since it was my first offence and I was new to the NYC area and hadn't learned all the "No commercial vehicles" rule yet, ( nailed on the FDR with a company truck) but since the Lawyer tried fighting it, She got pissed off, and screwed me.

What I don't understand is if YOU know you were speeding, shouldn't that be all that's needed? You do swear to tell the truth in court, and saying your not guilty when you are kinda goes against that. And NO I'm not calling anyone a liar. Please don't take it that way. What I mean by that is if you play you pay. If you didn't realize you were speeding and you get nailed, fight it. I don't always feel it when I'm doing 80. But if you are speeding on purpose fess up.
But that's my opinion, and not others. Guess I should keep my mouth shut....Someones gonna kick my ***....
Old 08-31-2000, 08:39 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: well, I'm only speaking from what happened to me...

I had to go to court in Manhattan, and My job provided me with a lawyer. I got the book thrown at me because he tried to plead not guilty. The pros. pulled me aside and told me all the charges would have been dropped since it was my first offence and I was new to the NYC area and hadn't learned all the "No commercial vehicles" rule yet, ( nailed on the FDR with a company truck) but since the Lawyer tried fighting it, She got pissed off, and screwed me.

What I don't understand is if YOU know you were speeding, shouldn't that be all that's needed? You do swear to tell the truth in court, and saying your not guilty when you are kinda goes against that. And NO I'm not calling anyone a liar. Please don't take it that way. What I mean by that is if you play you pay. If you didn't realize you were speeding and you get nailed, fight it. I don't always feel it when I'm doing 80. But if you are speeding on purpose fess up.
But that's my opinion, and not others. Guess I should keep my mouth shut....Someones gonna kick my ***....
well he is not pleading innocent..he's pleading guilty w/ a reason...(that's what plea bargaining is). you plea guilty and have an excuse why u broke the law...whatever the excuse maybe. but before you do that you have to plea not gulity when you mail the damn ticket back to the court...
it's one thing to fess up..it's another to poke loopholes in the system.

Dan
Old 08-31-2000, 08:50 AM
The missing moderator

Originally posted by deathwish

Yeah, but he was speeding... Why not be a man and take responsibility for your actions?
yea sure, if he was, sure... but the time in question is the time he got clocked... of course he doesn't know when he got clocked... at anyrate... I am only contributing to the posting of the link.
Old 08-31-2000, 09:29 AM

I was speeding but it doesn't mean the cop clocked me speeding as a fact. Maybe he shot the 911 but 911 got off and I was the next in line, who knows?
We are living in real world here, how many here actually drives at 55mph speed limit? If people honestly admit to everything they do why would there be courts judges and lawyers in this country?

In NY, you have to plead not guilty to have a chance to get anything reduced, pleading guilty leads you straight to the cashier window. With a lawyer I am hoping to get the points wavied, the fine is no biggie, my donation to the states.

Btw, thanks Shing for the link.
Old 08-31-2000, 09:36 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I was speeding but it doesn't mean the cop clocked me speeding as a fact. Maybe he shot the 911 but 911 got off and I was the next in line, who knows?
We are living in real world here, how many here actually drives at 55mph speed limit? If people honestly admit to everything they do why would there be courts judges and lawyers in this country?

In NY, you have to plead not guilty to have a chance to get anything reduced, pleading guilty leads you straight to the cashier window. With a lawyer I am hoping to get the points wavied, the fine is no biggie, my donation to the states.

Btw, thanks Shing for the link.
donation..heehee...give them my name..i'm a BIG donator.

Dan
Old 08-31-2000, 09:48 AM

Here's some more info about the C/D case...

It looks like this is the actual description of the court case. Looks like the judge allowed the Laser evidence and the defendants were found guilty.

http://lawlibrary.rutgers.edu/decisi...07-98.opn.html
Old 08-31-2000, 09:55 AM
NeO OnE 2

Woodyear

My friend w/ a modded civic was doing about a 100mph on the GCP heading eastbound about 4 month ago and got pulled over. He braked and the laser got him at 85mph. He was looking for a way out at the court but the judge saw his previous speeding record which I think was only one and the judge didn't even hear my friend out at court. She just listened to what the cop had to say and found my friend guilty even though he said that he wasn't. My friend said that he was not guilty because the cop started to tell a different story of that night so he can look like a punk. And that was that. Those ******* at Whitestone court are bunch of *****ts, especially the cop. I know that this doesn't help much but just be prepared for a load of BS that never happened when you go to Whitestone Traffic Court.
Good luck

Old 08-31-2000, 09:56 AM
Eman97SE

I just don't get it...

An entire thread devoted to helping someone get out of something he admits he was doing? Why? Everyone speeds, you take your chances, sometimes you get the horns. If you get caught legitimately, don't whine about it and take up court time trying to weasle out of it, stand up, be a man and pay the fine.
That's the major problem today, nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions...

Old 08-31-2000, 10:06 AM

Re: I just don't get it...

Personally, I wouldn't mind paying the monetary fine. If I knew I was speeding I'd fight it to try to get out of the points assigned to my license. It's the insurance companies that screw you for speeding tickets. They raise your rates if you have speeding tickets. Supposedly speeding has a direct correlation to safe driving. I just don't think that it's true. A reckless, speeding driver maybe, but not a speeding driver.
Old 08-31-2000, 10:10 AM
NeO OnE 2

Originally posted by Eman97SE
An entire thread devoted to helping someone get out of something he admits he was doing? Why? Everyone speeds, you take your chances, sometimes you get the horns. If you get caught legitimately, don't whine about it and take up court time trying to weasle out of it, stand up, be a man and pay the fine.
That's the major problem today, nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions...
But dont you think it's smart to see what options you got before you go to court?

BTW Woodear, some of the riceboys from my school have told me that if you keep on delaying the court date, the cop that gave you the tickeckt might not show up one day and the charges will be dropped.

Old 08-31-2000, 10:18 AM

...If you get caught legitimately...
But is it an absolute known fact that it was *legitimately*?
How do I know he shot at me not the 911? he never showed me the reading how do I know it was 91 then 86? how do I know he used the gun properly? how do I know he even had a laser gun at that point?
Old 08-31-2000, 10:23 AM

Re: Re: I just don't get it...

Originally posted by bgruver
Supposedly speeding has a direct correlation to safe driving. I just don't think that it's true. A reckless, speeding driver maybe, but not a speeding driver.
Exactly.
There is no speed limit on autobarn in Europe, they STILL have a lower accident rate than the States. It's not about how fast one drive, if one can't drive, he can crush every week even if he keeps it under 40mph.
I will pay the money in a heart beat, but I will fight the points cuz I don't believe it's justified that insurance premium shall raise if one speeds.
Old 08-31-2000, 10:23 AM

If you don't want your insurance to go up, don't speed. You know the consequences of your actions, you know that you are taking a risk. You can't argue after the fact that it's an unfair risk, if you don't want to risk it, don't speed. Simple...

And I'm not picking on anyone here, I think it's a general fault with society as a whole, and I really resent our legal system since it actually encourages this behaviour.
Old 08-31-2000, 10:58 AM

Do you speed? Or you are always under speed limit all the time?
If you do speed once a while, does that mean you WANT your insurance to go up? I doubt it, like you said, it's taking a risk.
However, the consequences are, if you speed, and you are PROVED to be guilty of speeding, then your insurance goe up, you somehow skipped the middle part.

I go to court, if the offcer is certified to use that gun and used it properly, and it's a fact he was shooting at me and the reading was 91, then I suck it up.
Old 08-31-2000, 11:08 AM
Eman97SE

Re: Re: I just don't get it...

...If you get caught legitimately...
But is it an absolute known fact that it was *legitimately*?
How do I know he shot at me not the 911? he never showed me the reading how do I know it was 91 then 86? how do I know he used the gun properly? how do I know he even had a laser gun at that point?
Well, I don't know... is your "word" legitimate? I mean after all, you were the one that told us how fast you were going, and that after the 911 pulled off, you maintained that speed. He doesn't have to show you the reading... you have to ask to see it. You're fault for not asking. How do you know he had a laser gun? Again, ask to see it.
Of course you could always go to your dealer and get him to write you a note saying your speedo was not calibrated properly and you shouldn't be held at fault cause you really didn't know how fast you were going... you know, take the "victims" way out by trying to get off on a technicality.

Old 08-31-2000, 11:11 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by Eman97SE
i guess you have to drive around in NY. in NY if you go 55mph..people will honk at u..pass you..give u dirty looks. basically you're going too slo.
i don't know where the rest of you guys are from...but come down in NYC and drive around on the hwys going 55 and see what happens.
your point basically states if i'm going 56mph in a 55 i should be ticketed and fined and also asses the points on the license?
so if you drive 56mph and sees an officer (not using any speed measuring device) should u pull over and ask for a ticket and confess that you're driving over the speed limit?..since you should take responsibility for your actions right? or is it fair that you're driving 56mph and you get a ticket for speeding? you can claim that the speedo is off..but hey you should take responsibility and pay the fine and the points anyway...right? no need to waste the court time.
sorry for the sacr..but i just don't agree to your statement. i know woodear went faster than 56..but if you're going to generalize everything then what hold true for the guy going 100+ will also hold true for the guy who's going 56.
i'm not flaming anyone..this is simply a discussion...
:P
Dan

Quick Reply: Need info on fighting laser gun!!!