General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

HID Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

HID Kit

I am looking to buy a HID kit for my car do you know which kit I can use off of ebay or which size bulb I am supposed to order.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Got Retrofit?

What year is your Maxima?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry I should have noted what year mine is first....its a 2007 Maxima SE.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2012, 05:40 AM

dont those come with hids already?
Old 09-02-2012, 05:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

No mine didn't come with HID's. I am just wondering what bulb size to order if I wanna order them off of ebay.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:33 AM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by Mitch Emery
Sorry I should have noted what year mine is first....its a 2007 Maxima SE.
You'll need a 9012 kit for your low beams. Don't get an eBay kit. They suck.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Could you possibly give me some advice where I should get a 9012 hit kit?

please, thanks
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 PM

don't buy off ebay man, it's filled with junk HID kit.. i ordered 2 sets (1 for my low beam, 1 for foglights) and 2 out of the 4 ballasts here bad, they're the xentec brand (complete garbage).. i recommend the DDM tuning kits, they cost around 50 bucks shipping included and they are made of better quality and more dependable.. but shipping takes about a week and a half though because they ship them straight from china, lol
Old 11-02-2012, 02:40 AM

I agree not to buy off of ebay for one reason alone. Warranty. Because not all bulbs are 100% gaurantied to last longer than the one year warranty that's given with each kit you'll end up loosing money and time when you send the defective bulb back. But on the upside if you decide to buy from ebay look for the "Japanese or German" brand. Most of the so-called $19 to cheapest kits on ebay is that cheap China ish. There's a sylvania bulb guide you can use to find your vehicle make and model and select the non-HID, just google it. Buy it locally man, almost every single parts and accessories shop sells them and they should cost no more than $60-70 for a good Japanese or German brand with a 1yr warranty. Good luck

Last edited by mrjasonlyrics; 11-02-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 AM

What about a set of junkyard HID's from a 6th gen? get the lights/ bulbs and wiring harness.. should bolt right in with minimal fuss, plus you have the added benefit of the housing being designed for the HID bulbs and it will be much much easier to properly aim them.

AJ
Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by mrjasonlyrics
I agree not to buy off of ebay for one reason alone. Warranty. Because not all bulbs are 100% gaurantied to last longer than the one year warranty that's given with each kit you'll end up loosing money and time when you send the defective bulb back. But on the upside if you decide to buy from ebay look for the "Japanese or German" brand. Most of the so-called $19 to cheapest kits on ebay is that cheap China ish. There's a sylvania bulb guide you can use to find your vehicle make and model and select the non-HID, just google it. Buy it locally man, almost every single parts and accessories shop sells them and they should cost no more than $60-70 for a good Japanese or German brand with a 1yr warranty. Good luck
except the post right above yours said DDM tuning sends them straight from china...

i got mine from hidsrus.com. when I broke one of my bulbs, i repeat I BROKE IT as in snapped in half, over a year later they honored my warrenty and sent me the replacement for free, without even asking for any information. cant beat that.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by AnsonJ
What about a set of junkyard HID's from a 6th gen? get the lights/ bulbs and wiring harness.. should bolt right in with minimal fuss, plus you have the added benefit of the housing being designed for the HID bulbs and it will be much much easier to properly aim them.

AJ
what crackpipe are you smokin that you think hes gonna go to the JY and find a bunch of 6th gens with not only the headlights still in the car, but HID bulbs still in the housing?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by GGENIUS
what crackpipe are you smokin that you think hes gonna go to the JY and find a bunch of 6th gens with not only the headlights still in the car, but HID bulbs still in the housing?
Don't know how that is possible but you're lucky. You was lucky that time because the warranty covers manufacture defects not miss use or self broken items after your warranty expires. If that was the case I'd go back to nissan and have them repair my engine that I broke from miss use

Besides HID replacement bulbs are just too cheap to hope a seller does a good deed to save you $20. China man say cheap thing no good and good thing you cheap. Its a hit and miss with the ebay chines kits so if it blows after the warrant is up just get another
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 AM

Don't know how that is possible but you're lucky. You was lucky that time because the warranty covers manufacture defects not miss use or self broken items after your warranty expires. If that was the case I'd go back to nissan and have them repair my engine that I broke from miss use

Besides HID replacement bulbs are just too cheap to hope a seller does a good deed to save you $20. China man say cheap thing no good and good thing you cheap. Its a hit and miss with the ebay chines kits so if it blows after the warrant is up just get another

i got lucky? i straight up told them i broke it. they just asked for a picture of the old bulb with the connector cut, and they sent out a brand new one.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by GGENIUS
i got lucky? i straight up told them i broke it. they just asked for a picture of the old bulb with the connector cut, and they sent out a brand new one.
I think you're confusing kindness for honouring a warranty. Break it again or try that with another seller, they will respectively deny you. That's incident is something that will happen only one time because of the sellers discression so don't think you can recommend others because you got lucky. They won't make money if customers damage the item from miss-use. So if you don't think it's luck then I don't know what it is...
Old 11-02-2012, 08:53 AM

I think you're confusing kindness for honouring a warranty. Break it again or try that with another seller, they will respectively deny you. That's incident is something that will happen only one time because of the sellers discression so don't think you can recommend others because you got lucky. They won't make money if customers damage the item from miss-use. So if you don't think it's luck then I don't know what it is...
uh im just saying what happened. i dont get how they could know if my warranty was up or not, so it seemed to me like hidsrus pretty much honors a somewhat lifetime warrenty? on bulbs atleast.