General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

And here we go....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 09:52 AM
PhatGuy

And here we go....

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...564#post218590

I know nothing about Altimas but should be fun anyways. 1993 5spd Altima with pretty much all bolt ons vs 2k1 5spd with stillen intake and cattman y-pipe.

Old 01-22-2002, 11:02 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

That guy must have more mds thn he says to compete with a Max. Those have 150hp stock. So, he already has 40hp to make up for on a 4th gen, which weighs the same. He has 72 hp to make up on you, and you only weight alittle bit more than him, if any.

You should beat him no problem. Even all those internal mods will not give him 70hp without boost or NOS.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:04 AM

That should be a fun race. I don't know much about altimas, either. Let us know how it goes, and don't forget the video
Old 01-22-2002, 11:07 AM
PhatGuy

His mods: top end rebuilt, heads shaved, stillen intake, stillen header with free flow cat and custom exhaust all the way back to the cat back exhaust. I changed my pulley and upgraded my ecu

My mods: Stillen Pop intake, cattman y-pipe, stillen short shifter etc... My cat and back is stock.

Old 01-22-2002, 11:11 AM
I'm needing a caw

Upgraded ecu? Jet right? I think the Altimas have the KA24. It would take all that and some more to get that thing to move. But in the 4 cylinder defense, SCC mag got a 200SXser to kill a stockish 5.0 Mustang. But that rebuild had much more than this guy had. Pistons + HPC coatings, Cams, ecu, high compression etc....alot more than this guy.

Originally posted by PhatGuy
His mods: top end rebuilt, heads shaved, stillen intake, stillen header with free flow cat and custom exhaust all the way back to the cat back exhaust. I changed my pulley and upgraded my ecu

My mods: Stillen Pop intake, cattman y-pipe, stillen short shifter etc... My cat and back is stock.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:15 AM
PhatGuy

Should be fun either way. I have no idea what mods he really has but he thinks his car would kill a 2k2 altima 3.5 5spd but has never ran one. I asked him if his car runs low 14's or high 13's but he has never been to the track. I want to see how badly he beats me.

If you read the altima thread he is now trying to get me to race a 2k2 5spd instead that he says is his as well. I want to run his 1st gen first and then his "buddies" 5spd 2k2 3.5. I would go right now but he has to get his car etc.... So I have to wait for him.

Old 01-22-2002, 11:26 AM

Should be fun either way. I have no idea what mods he really has but he thinks his car would kill a 2k2 altima 3.5 5spd but has never ran one. I asked him if his car runs low 14's or high 13's but he has never been to the track. I want to see how badly he beats me.

If you read the altima thread he is now trying to get me to race a 2k2 5spd instead that he says is his as well. I want to run his 1st gen first and then his "buddies" 5spd 2k2 3.5. I would go right now but he has to get his car etc.... So I have to wait for him.
I find it kinda hard to believe that he never ran a 2k2 5 spd if both HE and his "buddy" has one. I'm sure he has a fastish altima, but I think he's just talking smack. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough!

Oh yea, i just found this in one of the altimas.net forums:

"14.9 for a 1st gen altima is OUTSTANDING. there is only 1 all motor 1st or 2nd gen altima in the 14's that I know of and that is SHAWN...."
Old 01-22-2002, 11:43 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack

I find it kinda hard to believe that he never ran a 2k2 5 spd if both HE and his "buddy" has one. I'm sure he has a fastish altima, but I think he's just talking smack. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough!

Oh yea, i just found this in one of the altimas.net forums:

"14.9 for a 1st gen altima is OUTSTANDING. there is only 1 all motor 1st or 2nd gen altima in the 14's that I know of and that is SHAWN...."
Ya he ran that once! And that is his absolute best time with a 91 trap with a fully modded altima. I have beaten a long list of quick cars on highway runs and 4th gear is my fav. If he pulls on me in 4th it is over for me.

Old 01-22-2002, 12:02 PM
SLOW

I think you are about to hand that dude his *** on a platter Phatguy...
Old 01-22-2002, 01:31 PM

Phat Guy any idea what kind of times you personally have run?

SuDZ
Old 01-24-2002, 10:49 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by SuDZ
Phat Guy any idea what kind of times you personally have run?

SuDZ
Nope! Just raced a few friends with quick cars and a lot of encounters on the street. Most of my runs are on the highway since that is where I do most of my driving. My car has very good mid-top end for sure. There is a lot of sand particles on the road and it is very hard to launch on dry, cold, sandy roads with winter tires in a maxima 5spd. I'm going to do some highway runs against this guys and who know maybe I meet up with him again in the spring/summer.

From all his talk he should beat me easily but we will see.

Well now he seems to be saying there is something wrong with his car (in the Altima thread) and he still hasn't replied to my email. Kinda funny but we will see.

Old 01-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Administrator

if as he said his engine is blueprinted and balanced and he has forged pistons.. chances are he has higher compression pistons and his bigger injectors.. that maybe why he has the ECU to tune that.. if that is correct.. you are in for a bigger show than you expect..
Old 01-24-2002, 11:13 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by SprintMax
if as he said his engine is blueprinted and balanced and he has forged pistons.. chances are he has higher compression pistons and his bigger injectors.. that maybe why he has the ECU to tune that.. if that is correct.. you are in for a bigger show than you expect..
As long as I don't get beaten too badly. On the highway I've only been pulled on by a new M3 and modded Mustang GT.

Thought it might be interesting to run against a 1st gen altima with all the mods he has vs my 2k1 with intake and y-pipe.

Kinda funny he just brought his car in to get tuned for this as well.

Old 01-24-2002, 11:37 AM
Administrator

its a KA24.. its no SR20 .. so you won't get done in like i did with the SE-R

you want to know how shafted the VQ is? check out the stuff JUN has for the SR20

http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/index-e.html

you figure with all the **** they offer... with a light a$$ car.. you can make an SE-R a monster.. beware .. the SR20 fits in the 1st Gen Alty make sure he is running a KA24

As long as I don't get beaten too badly. On the highway I've only been pulled on by a new M3 and modded Mustang GT.

Thought it might be interesting to run against a 1st gen altima with all the mods he has vs my 2k1 with intake and y-pipe.

Kinda funny he just brought his car in to get tuned for this as well.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:20 PM
PhatGuy

its a KA24.. its no SR20 .. so you won't get done in like i did with the SE-R

you want to know how shafted the VQ is? check out the stuff JUN has for the SR20

http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/index-e.html

you figure with all the **** they offer... with a light a$$ car.. you can make an SE-R a monster.. beware .. the SR20 fits in the 1st Gen Alty make sure he is running a KA24

Check this out!

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...672#post222997

This guy is so full of ****. He either doesn't have an altima (let alone a 2k2 he mentioned as well in his other thread). His car is not what he says it is.... or maybe just maybe his car broke down the day we are supposed to race? Wow what a coincidence! I called him out on his Maxima race and he trash talks etc etc. Then his car all of sudden needs an engine....too funny!

Old 01-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Check this out!

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...672#post222997

This guy is so full of ****. He either doesn't have an altima (let alone a 2k2 he mentioned as well in his other thread). His car is not what he says it is.... or maybe just maybe his car broke down the day we are supposed to race? Wow what a coincidence! I called him out on his Maxima race and he trash talks etc etc. Then his car all of sudden needs an engine....too funny!
well well well
Old 01-24-2002, 01:34 PM
PhatGuy

well well well
Ya I'm not going to bother asking people on the net to meet up. Most are so full of crap! I'm going to keep to my daily commutes and read and laugh at the ludacris posts. Lesson learned for me.... I was looking forward to it too win or lose!!

Old 01-24-2002, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Ya I'm not going to bother asking people on the net to meet up. Most are so full of crap! I'm going to keep to my daily commutes and read and laugh at the ludacris posts. Lesson learned for me.... I was looking forward to it too win or lose!!
its kind of stupid to talk about someone's back on a forum you know they are on.. thats just asking to get busted
Old 01-24-2002, 01:39 PM

That kid is so full of chiiit. I'd love to meet up with him, and proceed to wee wee on whatever kind of car he DOES drive... what is this world coming to?

Old 01-24-2002, 01:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i wanna see a video of you whooping his @ss like BrianV whooped that civic si's @ss.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:17 PM

he broke mommy's stock automagic altima with a bunch of add on stickers doing 6k netural drop, too bad