General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Hello Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 01:08 PM
TGC

Hello Everyone!

Hey guys whats goin on? I just came here found the site while lookin for some stuff for my boy who just bought a 96! I am not a maxima owner i own a 98 galant es.. I like maximas tho ever since i got to drive my boys..Well anyway i am part of the galant cneter community.. www.thegalantcenter.com its has a forum like your and is growing up to 1000 members soon i belive.. Well when i first went to the galant center we had no after market support what so ever.Now we are being reconized..its been along time but right now we got carbon fiber hoods being made, a few new body kits, headers, a turbo and a twin turbo kit in development. Group by for leather. So my question is..Seeing the maxima is a 4 door also , has your aftermarket support grown since this site was developed?
Thanks and check out our 4 door sport sedan comunity over if ya get time!

Old 01-23-2002, 01:16 PM
www.autotalk.com

Re: Hello Everyone!

Galants are some sweet looking cars but never got specs on them. i will sure check out the site.
Old 01-23-2002, 01:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just checked out the site and the prices for the aftermarket parts are kind of high don't you think?
Old 01-23-2002, 01:20 PM
www.autotalk.com

I think caz there is not THAT big of a market? like our maxis'
Old 01-23-2002, 01:41 PM
TGC

Originally posted by Max4Speed
I think caz there is not THAT big of a market? like our maxis'
Yes the market is really just getting started for us. Right now we got a guy getting us nice kits but for 1800! then pretty much are sorce for impords is GDI www.gdiimports.om and they are getting us on some high prices also.. We are curently getting a leather kit on a group purches for like 600 a kit.. And carbon fiber hoods made up for about 350...Problem is our turbo kits..there has been rumors that they will run from 3k-6k for twin turbo! to me it is just not worth it!

Old 01-23-2002, 03:00 PM
TGC

Oh yes and do any of you guys got some nice engine pics of your max?

Like with intakes headers and stuff?

And also.. there was a galant in f&f , didnt get really much movie time but anyway he is a member of our club..Now the maxima that was in f&f do you know whos car that is and is he in this club? I think i heard the kid say he can be running 9s? That would be hot **** if i could get my galant to run 9s!! Right now im in the 16s!!! Lots of ways to go, people ask why i didnt buy an eclipse..well i told them that it would take the fun out of it, the truth is i got my galant on a good deal! lol

But any engine pics email me @ dave@thegalantcenter.com !

Old 01-23-2002, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by TGC
Oh yes and do any of you guys got some nice engine pics of your max?
I think i heard the kid say he can be running 9s? That would be hot **** if i could get my galant to run 9s!! Right now im in the 16s!!!
Ask that kid where did he get his info. I would say that the Max that was in F&F isn't even as fast as some of the Maximas on this board.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by deezo
Ask that kid where did he get his info. I would say that the Max that was in F&F isn't even as fast as some of the Maximas on this board.
i think he meant the kid in the movie, jesse was it?
Old 01-23-2002, 05:47 PM

in the begining when they all pull up to vin diesils little corner store they all get out and walk over to the max. Jesse the brainy one starts saying well if u balance this that and the other thing u should be running nines. to bad in real life it is running in the low 14's (maybe high 13's not positive). thats what happens when ur curb weight is 3820 lbs. its still an amazing machine don't get me wrong and for 24000 u can buy it.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

4 door family sedans rule!
Old 01-23-2002, 05:55 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by TGC
Right now im in the 16s!!!
I am right in front with a blistering 15.5
Old 01-23-2002, 06:38 PM
TGC

Yea i was talking about jessi..

There was a few flaws we found in that movie but its all good..

Id still pay 24k on it if i had it no doubt!

Anyones Maxima got bags all the way around on here? By the end of this summer i want to have my car totaly bagged! I know its gonna bring down the speed but im starting to aim toward the show side rather than go...

BTW.. You guys seem pretty cool so if you want to stop by our chat room ever http://chat.galants.com and talk about cars or whatever feel free..

Ya need aim or aol to get in cause that link loads it in for u

Old 01-23-2002, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by JoesMAX

i think he meant the kid in the movie, jesse was it?
Oh...oh well, you know Hollywood.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:16 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by TGC
Yea i was talking about jessi..

There was a few flaws we found in that movie but its all good..

Id still pay 24k on it if i had it no doubt!

Anyones Maxima got bags all the way around on here? By the end of this summer i want to have my car totaly bagged! I know its gonna bring down the speed but im starting to aim toward the show side rather than go...

BTW.. You guys seem pretty cool so if you want to stop by our chat room ever http://chat.galants.com and talk about cars or whatever feel free..

Ya need aim or aol to get in cause that link loads it in for u

i think thebigsadler has his max bagged right?
Old 01-23-2002, 09:57 PM

Originally posted by ShortT

i think thebigsadler has his max bagged right?
yes he does
Old 01-23-2002, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by TGC
We are curently getting a leather kit on a group purches for like 600 a kit..
where are you getting your leather from? $600 seems kind of high for a group deal.......i went to www.leatherseats.com in the middle of typing this post and i guess $600 is about $80 off. but, if you're interested chec out www.leatherseats.com . they have a nice product.
Old 01-24-2002, 05:58 AM
TGC

Originally posted by Newman96SE

where are you getting your leather from? $600 seems kind of high for a group deal.......i went to www.leatherseats.com in the middle of typing this post and i guess $600 is about $80 off. but, if you're interested chec out www.leatherseats.com . they have a nice product.
Yes we are geeting it from leatherseats.com or katskinz ..the are going to put it in 2 tonned and also embroder something on it we want for free..