General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My accident today......

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 08:44 PM

My accident today......

Today I was watching the eagle-rams game with a couple of buddies and my girl at her house. Then my girlfriend's mom came in and took me that their next door neighbor hit my car out back. I rushed outside and she hit my driver side door. She told me that she rather not go through her insurance and since I know her and she is my girlfriend's parents neighbor... I don't know what to do. She offered to pay for the damage and my rental. Click to the left on my home page and the pictures are at the bottom. What should I do???
Old 01-27-2002, 08:48 PM

well she offered to pay for the rental and the damage, i would just take her money and fix it.
Old 01-27-2002, 08:48 PM

Re: My accident today......

Originally posted by mikese
Today I was watching the eagle-rams game with a couple of buddies and my girl at her house. Then my girlfriend's mom came in and took me that their next door neighbor hit my car out back. I rushed outside and she hit my driver side door. She told me that she rather not go through her insurance and since I know her and she is my girlfriend's parents neighbor... I don't know what to do. She offered to pay for the damage and my rental. Click to the left on my home page and the pictures are at the bottom. What should I do???
if it was me..i wouldnt go through insurance. just make sure shes realistic about the cost of labor and everything before you do anything. some people back out of things after they hear about how much it would REALLY cost to fix things. im pretty sure you got 24 hours to do a police report though..your choice
Old 01-27-2002, 09:14 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

its not too bad
just go to some body shops and get an estimate to patch up the door and repaint it I guess... If you are not in a rush, I would wait until a day I will not need the car, and arrange with a shop on a particular day or few days it will take them to fix it. Then wait until then, maybe you can use your friends or parents car in the meanwhile or get the rental. I just wound't want to really give it to your girlfriends neighbor, **** happens ya know i mean, don't go out of your way to fix it up, but just get some estimates and do it.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:38 PM

Yeah, it's not bad because I pop the big dent with a suction cup from pepboys. I think I did all I could to try to fix it like popping the dent out so it doesn't look bad and I even polish and wax the area. I'm going to get some estimates tommorrow and see who can do a quality job for a reasonable amount. I'm just ****ed off. BTW, I contacted a rental car company and I can get a chevy metro for 25.99 a day. A POS for $25.99, do you believe that!!! or a Caddy deville for $84.99 a day... Nyce maxima what do you mean do give it to her neighbor???
Old 01-27-2002, 09:43 PM

My brother got hit by his friend once. After 6 weeks, he contacted his friend's insurance and they gave him a check for the damages. So don't worry about not getting paid for it, if she doesn't come through, contact her insurance. As far as the rental goes, she damaged your Maxima, she pays for your rental Maxima IMO.
Old 01-27-2002, 10:05 PM

sucks man, anyway how do those dent poppers work? if they are good i need to get my doors un-dinged
Old 01-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Get her to sign something taking full responsibility if you're not going to go through insurance... it's possible later she'll say "well I didn't do this, this was there before" and other sh*t like that.
Old 01-27-2002, 11:30 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by mikese
Yeah, it's not bad because I pop the big dent with a suction cup from pepboys. I think I did all I could to try to fix it like popping the dent out so it doesn't look bad and I even polish and wax the area. I'm going to get some estimates tommorrow and see who can do a quality job for a reasonable amount. I'm just ****ed off. BTW, I contacted a rental car company and I can get a chevy metro for 25.99 a day. A POS for $25.99, do you believe that!!! or a Caddy deville for $84.99 a day... Nyce maxima what do you mean do give it to her neighbor???

well, lol... A lot of people usually go and try to make the best out of a bad situation, and get the highest price estimate, then pick a different place to do the job that is cheaper and pocket the cash.. etc.. or ask her for an expensive rental or whatever...
Old 01-28-2002, 05:39 AM
Administrator

you go through insurance.. your insurance is going up.. in most states.. no matter who hits who.. they pay out.. your insurance goes up..
Old 01-28-2002, 08:19 PM

I got estimates of $750 to $2000. I'm going to a body shop and it's going to cost $1000. She said that she will give me the $$$ tomorrow. My question is, is there a certain time before she can refuse to give me the $$ asnd say that she didn't do it. Take note that it happen on sunday @ 2 p.m. est. and I will get the $$ on tuesday about 4 p.m. est.