General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

A word of caution: Even the newest Nissans/Infiniti ain't bulletproof

Old 03-21-2017, 01:36 AM

A word of caution: Even the newest Nissans/Infiniti ain't bulletproof

I know we all love our cars (hopefully lol), and it's nice to see how fast they can go. Unfortunently, even the nicest of Nissans with the best safety features aren't force fields when they are pushed beyond the limits they are designed and come into contact with things on city streets...As it came to me, that a deceased friend of mine's Infiniti q similar to the one pictured, caught fire after it hit a couple of things going high speeds.

After this, I've had to thank my drivers Ed coaches from high school and even my own accident experiences for ingraining so much fear in me to avoid driving EXCESSIVELY "spirited" in the wrong circumstances and have this happen. Definitely reaffirmed the seriousness and caution involved:

Last edited by 97_GXE; 03-21-2017 at 02:34 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:34 AM

sorry to hear, any cars aren't bullet proof despite all the safety features in today cars, no offense but that sound a lot like someone was driving at a very high speed and hit something to cause a fire. Look at what happened to Paul Walker and the driver in a Porsche, driving at a high speed and hit something. So point being is being negligence due to reckless driving, not careless driving, definitely reckless. I don't see how it just applies to Nissan/Infiniti only?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:26 PM

^
Way too easy to do stupid things in the new Q50 with the turbos
Old 04-28-2017, 06:00 AM

Wow, I've never seen a car that burnt to the ground like that. Hope your friend didn't suffer, ideally he was out cold from the impact.

Search this Thread