General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Fuel pressure regulator question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 11:44 AM

Fuel pressure regulator question

I have this crazy idea of a way to get more fuel psi. Now I was reading about how a dry n2o kit increases fuel psi and thought that maybe a bleeder valve (simular to a manual boost controller) could be used to increase fuel pressure. I don't know if this is correct but if the n2o soleniods bleed off pressure running to the oem FPR, then a bleeder valve should do the same. The reason I ask this is because I can get a bleeder valve alot cheaper than an adjustable FPR. I have a gauge that could be used to measure fuel psi also. The theory sounds good to me but I'd like to see if anyone else has more insight.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:55 AM
I'm needing a caw

Should work up to the point of the oem regulator's capability.
Old 02-07-2002, 03:08 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Fuel pressure regulator question

I've been looking at FPRs and the Stillen FP Riser lately and I was reading a FAQ off of SER.net lately that according to JWT, the use of FPRs on a rich setting or gradually "richening" setting on the SE-r showed VERY minimal gains(~2hp). apparently JWT purposely leans out the mixture in his ECU program because he says our engine make better power that way... as for the it being the truth can't be too sure?? but hey if you try it let me know!!

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
I have this crazy idea of a way to get more fuel psi. Now I was reading about how a dry n2o kit increases fuel psi and thought that maybe a bleeder valve (simular to a manual boost controller) could be used to increase fuel pressure. I don't know if this is correct but if the n2o soleniods bleed off pressure running to the oem FPR, then a bleeder valve should do the same. The reason I ask this is because I can get a bleeder valve alot cheaper than an adjustable FPR. I have a gauge that could be used to measure fuel psi also. The theory sounds good to me but I'd like to see if anyone else has more insight.