General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Breaking news - drove back to back to back on Maxspeed and stock SE springs.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 10:27 PM

Breaking news - drove back to back to back on Maxspeed and stock SE springs.

ok, as some of you have read, Maxspeed was put into my bro's 2k couple days ago. I conducted a detailed test drive, driving my brother's car and my car. I had to switch cars fast before my driving impressions faded.

Test Setup:
2k GXE with FSTB, RSB, intake, ypipe, maxspeed springs, stock shocks, Cattman stickers. Kumho Ecstasa Supra tires.

98SE with FSTB, PRCAI, all stock suspension, no stickers.(i hate stickers). Kumho Ecstasa Supra tires

The ride quality of the maxspeed with stock shocks is very, very, very comparable to that of stock SE. I'm not talking about performance, but the ride quality when you're just cruising on highway or streets. I took both cars through the streets, highway, ramps and parking lots, back to back to back.
But I know that lot of ride quality depends on shocks too, so it will be interesting to see how the maxspeed feels with some KYB's.

It was raining, so I could only take the cars up to 40mph on the ramps, but the 2k does have less body roll and feels much more confident on the ramps.

Cornering - The lowering springs seem to amplify the RSB like 10 times. I can definitely feel the RSB now. I dont know how to describe it, but when you corner, the tail feels very different.... It's like the tail "tucks" in.

If you're thinking about getting springs, GET IT!!! And dont forget the RSB too. You will feel the RSB right away, I guarantee it.

My brother claims that his Max, which started out as a GXE, has surpassed being a SE into a GTR now..... He's saw a GTR sticker at autozone and he's gonna get it.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:33 PM

Re: Breaking news - drove back to back to back on Maxspeed and stock SE springs.

good information here.

but if he gets that sticker then, I'm sure you can agree with me here, he's surpassed being an auto euthusiast into a .... ya know

Originally posted by hokiemax
My brother claims that his Max, which started out as a GXE, has surpassed being a SE into a GTR now..... He's saw a GTR sticker at autozone and he's gonna get it.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Breaking news - drove back to back to back on Maxspeed and stock SE springs.

Originally posted by kit99bar
good information here.

but if he gets that sticker then, I'm sure you can agree with me here, he's surpassed being an auto euthusiast into a .... ya know

Old 02-11-2002, 01:22 AM

u sure it wasn't the stickers??
Old 02-11-2002, 01:14 PM

Post Pics!!!!

I want to see, I have the springs in my room and I am installing them when I get my AGXs.
Thanks,
Jason
Old 02-11-2002, 01:25 PM

Maxspeed seems to be getting good reviews all over the place on here lattely. Good to know since they are pretty cheap.

SuDZ