General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My car is totaled.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 10:07 PM

You have alot of friends and alot of people who care enough to express their sympathies. We may not all be close enough to visit but there's plenty of people here who don't even know you and still would do whatever they can to help. Best of Luck and keep us posted on how everything is going.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:46 PM

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Old 02-17-2002, 10:51 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

GD!!

I'm glad both of you guys are alive after this! It sounds like Albert is a little beat up but the docs will take good care of him and he'll make it through, although he'll probably be feeling it for awhile. But that's okay - he's ALIVE! And that's what counts.

But anyways, yeah, I agree 100% with plockton. Don't beat yourself up over woulda/coulda/shoulda. Sometimes **** just happens. And that's what seatbelts, airbags, and crumple zones are for. Your Max protected you guys well. It could have been a lot worse.

Keep it safe, and God Speed to Albert on a full and speedy recovery.
Old 02-17-2002, 11:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: My car is totaled.

Originally posted by clee130

I would just like to ask for everyone's prayer's right now for RBa... that he has no major problems.
Done. Best wishes for a complete recovery by you two....
Old 02-17-2002, 11:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

good luck. both of you guys.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:03 AM

You two will definitely be im my prayers. Sorry to hear it happened.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:36 AM

GOsh.. clee.. i hope u lighten up soon.. because it's not ur fault.. an accident is what it is, it's an accident. like a member had already said, just help RBA around, I think that would also bring more comfort for you.. please send RBA our regards. if there's nething more i can do asides from spewing my crap on this forum please let me know...

-daniel
Old 02-18-2002, 01:58 AM
JET Speed Lab

im going to go back to the hospital to see albert, and i'll let him know that theres a 5+ page thread wishing him the best
Old 02-18-2002, 04:31 AM

Wow, I haven't been on the board this weekend. I hope RBa doing better today. Clee, I hope your o.k. as well. This sucks!
Old 02-18-2002, 06:01 AM

Just read this thread. Good luck Clee and wish RBa a speedy recovery for me.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:25 AM
JUVIN's ride

Re: My car is totaled.

I have to get this off my chest.

I feel like the biggest idiot right now and haven't had much sleep since last night.

Last night, I went out with the Queens crew (YoIt'sOk, Toylet and RBa) along with a33 out headed out to Long Island. I decided to go home around 1:30 and Rba decided to ride with me. YoIt'sOk decided to stay a little longer with a33 and Toylet riding along.

At this point, it started drizzling. I was going kind of fast and we were on a long stretch of road. I saw the light turn yellow and thought that I would shoot through. But the yellow turned to red really quickly and I then decided to stop.

At this point, I did everything wrong. That combined with my semi-worn brakes spelled disaster. I stomped on the brakes and my car was not slowly down quickly enough so for some stupid dumba$$ reason, I pulled on the e-brake also. I didn't feel the ABS kick in and my car started fishtailing.

I thought I was regaining control but then my car fishtailled the other direction and I slide into a telephone or utility pole. I'm not sure because both airbags deployed and my car was then f**ked.

I was fine except for my face burning a little from the airbag and my knee banging against something. And when I got out of the car, I broke down and when I sat down, I cut my hand a little.

Rba is now still in the hospital. After we hit the pole, I could move and Rba was complaining about his back. The doctors did an X-ray and say that it is probably nothing more than pulled muscles. He still has the full range of motions but had muscle spasms.

Everyone came to the hospital and I stayed with RBa until he fell asleep and then came home. I am probably going to go back to see him soon.

From what I remember immediately after the accident, through shell shocked vision, my car is completely f**ked. I just repaired the front end bumper support last week from a minor fender bender from two years ago. But from what YoItsOk told me, everything up to engine is gone. Radiator busted, tranny f**ked, engine cracked.

But all that is nothing compared to how sorry and worried I am about RBa. If he hadn't decided to get into my car, then he would be fine right now.

I would just like to ask for everyone's prayer's right now for RBa... that he has no major problems.
Sorry to hear about your crazy night. Glad to see you both made it out alive. good luck and god bless.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:36 AM

HI Clee,

I hope you can get through all of this even though it wasnt your fault, even if you tried fate had it for you to hit the pole. Its ok that you feel sorry for all of this, but it would have happened to any one of us and for some odd reason, a cool guy like you. I hope Rba gets better, and that you can overcome this all(in some way or another) and keep maxing.

Luke
Old 02-18-2002, 07:14 AM

good luck to both of you.
Old 02-18-2002, 07:21 AM
Ramius83

We are all praying for you and him....

Old 02-18-2002, 07:23 AM
jun

i'm migth be new at this board, i feel your pain and sorrow clee....albert i wish you speedy recovery...my thoughts and prayers are with you both...
Old 02-18-2002, 07:26 AM

Heres to a speedy recovery for all

My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys.....
Old 02-18-2002, 07:37 AM

Sorry to hear that bro.
Old 02-18-2002, 08:04 AM

- wish you guys a speedy recover, both mental and physical.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:31 PM

I'm glad you both survived and wish you both a speedy recovery.

Jim
Old 02-18-2002, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
Seriously of all the people in this f*cken world, why clee ?
Y Rba ?
Y all this sh*t. I'm so f*cken beyond ****ed, I can't even express it. I hated seeing what happened before my eyes, I hated the whole scenario of watching clee break down, i hated watching rba suffer. It truly brought out something deep within, and it hurt, I couldn't show it, but it f*cken hurt. Alot of thoughts in my head at the time wiped out only for clee and rba's concern. I cared about nothing else, not about my own well being and watching smoke come from underhood, smelling burning oil, antifreeze and air bag gas. I appreciate those on DPA who gave a helping hand to stabilize rba, I appreciate the volunteer fireman who came within 1 minute of the accident occuring and taking charge. There was so much comotion going on I got lost in my emotions. I for once wanted to break down and cry my brains out cause I can't understand why this happened. I wanted to cry cause rba and clee were still alive. I thought about the last 300 days of my life, and realized how many friends I lost from WTC terrorism, to my gf, and several of my friends. I honestly couldn't take another loss. I have not been so spooked in my life. Everyone tells me its an accident, but it's more than that, to me. Maybe there is a worse fate for me; I thought, but I accept it. For once in my life, I was afraid to drive. Being there and watching one of your buds who doesn't truly "drive" as hard as you do, and watching the wipeout, my heart stopped as the car hit the pole. I wanted to do something when his car fishtailed, I wished the car recover and spin around. In my 0.5 second of thought, it all happened the worst way. There aren't words in existence to describe what is going through my mind; I still search for answers, and even after 18 hours after the accident my emotions haven't changed, or have I found answers from within. I wish more than anything, that rba has a full recovery from his injuries. I appreciate those who stopped by today to the Hospital to comfort rba in his state. I hope in the future we all learn from this.

-God's Speed, Rba.
yo_its_ok

What you are experiencing is called TRAUMA and it is a well-known condition. If you saw this accident unfold right up to the car hitting the pole, it was a real shock to your system.

Also, if you recently lost friends or loved ones in the terrorist attacks, this is also considered to be a traumatic event, even if you weren't physically there.

It seems to me that you might want to consider some kind of professional help. It is readily available through your job, church, town, etc. Dang, even the big burly members of the FDNY and NYPD involved with the WTC received counseling. It takes a wise and healthy man to admit that he needs help.

Jim
Old 02-18-2002, 02:11 PM

wow, im real sorry clee, i know you will not want to drive fo awhile, but we will give you support and make sure you get back to your life, i had an experience somewhat similar and was scared to ride in a car for nearly 4 months, i wish you both the best, time will heal your pain
Old 02-18-2002, 03:38 PM

Good luck and hopefully all will turn out well. My prayers are with all involved.
-Justin
Old 02-18-2002, 03:44 PM

Old 02-18-2002, 03:57 PM

That sucks clee... but like someone else said just make sure you two are ok, cars can be replaced, lives cannot.
Old 02-18-2002, 05:11 PM

Sorry about your accident Clee. Try not to carry the blame too long - it will eat away at you. Accidents DO happen & sometimes as someone else said, "it's not the other guy." Your friends, if they are true friends, know and understand this already.

Life has a strange way of dishing out cruel lessons, sometimes. Just learn from this one & be well in body and mind. I wish you all a speedy recovery from this traumatic event.

-K-

Old 02-18-2002, 05:33 PM

Just got back from visiting RBa and my car

RBa is still in the hospital, but mostly for observation. They say he has stress fractures on his spine. He will have to wear a brace for 8-10 weeks and cannot be doing sports or the like for about 4 months.

He also has a hairline fracture on his left shoulder that should be no problem.

And my car... after a day of reliving the accident in my head and not having a clear head right afterwards, I am amazed at what my car looks like.

http://www.clee130.f2s.com/maxima/accident/

My entire engine bay is pushed in. My FTSB is bent upwards. My windshield is cracked in half. And I had my re-enforcement beam replaced last week. I think that's one factor in the car not being even more crushed.

In the last couple of pictures you can see where the frame buckled.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:45 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Car looks bad. I am glad everyone had minor, not life threating , injuries.

Again clee , bad things happen to good people/drivers. I just hope you can remember that and
good news on Rba
Old 02-18-2002, 07:14 PM

Hey guys, I hope everybody is okay, and get out of the hospital soon w/ no problems.

cars can be replaced but people cannot be

so drive safe

Konstantin aka Vinipux
Old 02-18-2002, 08:00 PM

Re: Just got back from visiting RBa and my car

RBa is still in the hospital, but mostly for observation. They say he has stress fractures on his spine. He will have to wear a brace for 8-10 weeks and cannot be doing sports or the like for about 4 months.

He also has a hairline fracture on his left shoulder that should be no problem.

And my car... after a day of reliving the accident in my head and not having a clear head right afterwards, I am amazed at what my car looks like.

http://www.clee130.f2s.com/maxima/accident/

My entire engine bay is pushed in. My FTSB is bent upwards. My windshield is cracked in half. And I had my re-enforcement beam replaced last week. I think that's one factor in the car not being even more crushed.

In the last couple of pictures you can see where the frame buckled.
Ouch...I am glad RBa's damage is not forever.

Erik
Old 02-18-2002, 08:08 PM

My god... it's a miracle you guys came out of it as well as you did, the damage is terrible. The passenger compartment looks like it held up really well, credit to the car's design. Good to hear RBa is going to be okay.
Old 02-18-2002, 08:21 PM

I hope RBa has a speedy recovery and hope everything is ok with you.

Chris
Old 02-18-2002, 08:24 PM

OMG...I'm sorry. Good luck.

This is why no one should ever race in the rain. Or streetrace at all, even though we all seem to do it. It's dangerous.

I hope RBa is all right.
Old 02-18-2002, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Lime
OMG...I'm sorry. Good luck.

This is why no one should ever race in the rain. Or streetrace at all, even though we all seem to do it. It's dangerous.

I hope RBa is all right.
he was racing?
Old 02-18-2002, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by costcowholesale

he was racing?
Old 02-18-2002, 08:57 PM

well juss got in ...i believe albert will recover well in time calvin seems to be doin better ... i went out to see albert 2day with the queens crew ..hogan john calvin and myself....we were by his side... crackin jokes n talking .. everythin seemed ok ... the car...i almost cried.... when i saw that car.... i mean... u look at it n start to think ..they shouldn't be here ...but thank god ..they r !!! ...

i would like to thank the org for allllll their support!!!!

keep it coming

albert had a warming smile on his face when john and i told him how the org was praying n support them since the accident

P.S. this crap is really gettin on my last freakin nerve... get off the org im tired of this ...the org is busy ...if ur not on posting ..n juss b.s.ing ...then be gone u foolz

Old 02-18-2002, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by costcowholesale

he was racing?
well i guess the secret is out now..
Old 02-18-2002, 09:16 PM
JET Speed Lab

Originally posted by SprintMax
well i guess the secret is out now..
in the end it doesnt even matter. all that matters now is albert getting better, so nobody better flame.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Granny Driven

Glad everyone is alive and getting better. Good Luck to you Albert and Calvin.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:47 PM

I never said we were racing.

Old 02-18-2002, 10:21 PM

just glad you all are ok and my wishes to RBA

even at the drag strip it can be dangerous, i mean over here where i live some guy at the strip crashed into the wall because his throttle cable got stuck, he died on impact at over 100 mph

Quick Reply: My car is totaled.