General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I got bored and searched "Maxima" at www.bmwm5.com...interesting thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 10:43 PM

I got bored and searched "Maxima" at www.bmwm5.com...interesting thread

http://www.bmwm5.com/vbulletin/showt...=nissan+maxima
Old 02-18-2002, 11:17 PM

why bother with the bimmer boys..... whenever they can't win an argument.. they will say "well... our car is german.. so it's better, or or interior is nicer,,etc.." don't bother with them... not worth it
Old 02-18-2002, 11:34 PM

Where's Azerbaijan?
Old 02-19-2002, 12:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Azerbaijan used to be part of USSR

I am a physician. I checked out the BMW's. To get the rear passenger space I need I would need at least a 5 series. With similar options the price was about $20,000 more that what I paid for my "00SE. The bimmer is very nice but not worth the extra money from my point of view. Getting the BMW would have been snobbery. Maxima seemed a better value and I kept more money in the bank. I couldn't justify the price difference. The decison came down to leasing the BMW or owning the Max with the same pool of money. Hats off to those who can spend money on the BMW. I prefered to save the cash and enjoy the ride. No regrets.
y
Old 02-19-2002, 12:42 AM

Wow those guys are over there are some stuck up *******s aren't they. Of course I guess if I had a M5 I would be insulted if some one try to compare a Maxima to the M5. Oh well maybe one day they'll run up on a modded out 2k2 Maxima 6spd and get a taste of there own medicine.
Old 02-19-2002, 04:14 AM

Re: Azerbaijan used to be part of USSR

[i]The bimmer is very nice but not worth the extra money from my point of view. [/B]
Well no matter what walk of life a person if from, a car is a pure luxury item once you go beyond say $15-17k. And it comes down to do you have extra money that isn't needed elsewhere. I run into alot of fellas who have 5+ year-old cars and then when you go over to their houses you're like wow, this must have cost you a fortune!

The 5 owner is probably going through the same reasoning with which motor to get. Why would anyone get a 525i? Because they could use the money that they'd spend extra on the 530i. Me I'd love to pay cash for a car but to be honest that will always be tough. So I'll probably finance my next car over 24 months and put down enough to make for a reasonable monthly payment. You know the unfortunate reality of my standard, it makes the 40k car nearly untouchable.....with 25 grand down the payments are still $670/month. I'd prefer a payment under $500. When you pull the leasing trigger you can really afford a car you can't own. 525i is only $409/month to lease.

You see what I mean about cashflow? Why put 25k down and still owe nearly 7 bills a month for 2 years, when that same 25k can pay a Maxima in full up-front? 15k down which is more realistic and you'd have a payment of 450/month for 2 years. CAR IS A LUXURY!!!!
Old 02-19-2002, 06:26 AM

Originally posted by 1BADMAX
Wow those guys are over there are some stuck up *******s aren't they. Of course I guess if I had a M5 I would be insulted if some one try to compare a Maxima to the M5. Oh well maybe one day they'll run up on a modded out 2k2 Maxima 6spd and get a taste of there own medicine.
Yep, they're pretty stuck up. It's going to take one hell of a modded Maxima to keep up with an M5 though.
Old 02-19-2002, 07:00 AM

Damn, I didn't know they had Maximas in Azerbaijan
Old 02-19-2002, 08:10 AM

Re: I got bored and searched "Maxima" at www.bmwm5.com...interesting thread

Originally posted by StrongIsleMax
yo..haramjade. just just go back to studying. hopefully im getting my car back TODAY!! u comin home for Eid?? oh yeah..fstb should be here in a day or two.
Old 02-19-2002, 09:59 AM

I personally just like to compare the Maxima with the regular non-M5 BMWs (5-series). Especially my 3rd Gen with its "BMW influenced roofline"

Stock I think the bimmers handle better, but a couple mods later you're good to go and still have plenty of money left over for a bass boat or something.... . And you don't have to keep paying more since the BMW will be more expensive to insure and maintain.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:09 AM

Re: I got bored and searched "Maxima" at www.bmwm5.com...interesting thread

Originally posted by StrongIsleMax
Rice Racer....too funny..
Old 02-19-2002, 10:29 AM

i use to work for bmwm5.com, believe, they are very stuck up (most of them anyways). I mean, they get their m5, and one week later, its in the shop for mods (they dont do anything themselves). they dont even get a chance to appreciate the craftsmanship of the bmw stock. the car is perfect, yet they ruin it...

- m
Old 02-19-2002, 11:32 AM

That 523 guy was an A$$! All pre-95 Maximas had 170hp? Didn't Nissan sell the VE30DE? And a 10% speedo error? What's with that? NO car built today has a speedo error of +/- 10% at only 158mph. 2-3% tops. At least some of the other guys were down-to-Earth.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Badaxxima
That 523 guy was an A$$! All pre-95 Maximas had 170hp? Didn't Nissan sell the VE30DE? And a 10% speedo error? What's with that? NO car built today has a speedo error of +/- 10% at only 158mph. 2-3% tops. At least some of the other guys were down-to-Earth.
he is in germany.. all European maxima's suck and are slow..
Old 02-19-2002, 12:09 PM
Lightly modded

those guys make me sick. they were comparing an M5 to a maxima. that just cant be done. how big is the price difference? 60K? god damn, that amount of money is unimaginable to me....im 17
Old 02-19-2002, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by Bman
And you don't have to keep paying more since the BMW will be more expensive to insure and maintain.

just wondering... how much more is it to insure and maintain a bmw or an m-series over a maxima??
Old 02-19-2002, 12:41 PM
syc

who cares, if you are rich, do whatever you want. I'll buy some M5 if I win some lotto. not all BMW owner lease their car and they don't care about 20k more in their bank.
Old 02-19-2002, 01:51 PM

Hee Heee Hee
I'm starting trouble over there and I haven't even got my car back
Hey I couldn't resist.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by ne max

just wondering... how much more is it to insure and maintain a bmw or an m-series over a maxima??
My dad has a 98 528 and I have a 97 Maxima, the insurance rates are within $100 of eachother and we carry the exact same insurance rating driver wise. Maintenance is a whole nother issue. Unless you're rich, you'd better be prepared to do a lot of work yourself. I did a level II inspection on his car and replaced the front rotors and pads for less than $400, the dealer wanted $1000 for the same job. This was a simple inspection and normal maintenace stop!!
Old 02-19-2002, 03:23 PM

SYC
If you really don't care, why post a hostile reply? It seems we have miscommunicated. I did not say I am rich, not all BMW are leased and people can do what they want with their honestly earned cash. My point is that you don't have to buy the most expensive car you can afford to have fun. Many years ago, while riding a train, I met a **** Germany concentration camp survivor. Among the things he told me, one in particularly was "Why buy a Mercedes if a Cadiallac will do?". Cars don't make the man. The fact that the BMW folks are discussing the Maxima highlights the value of the our cars. The BMW are nicer, but not worth the price difference in my opinion. Maybe I am being cheap...
Good Luck with the Lotto!
Peace
Old 02-19-2002, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by y sleep
......"Why buy a Mercedes if a Cadiallac will do?". Cars don't make the man. The fact that the BMW folks are discussing the Maxima highlights the value of the our cars. The BMW are nicer, but not worth the price difference in my opinion. Maybe I am being cheap...
Peace
I agree with this The fact that they're discussing our Maxima is because they view it as a potential challenger and threat. They're just trying to justify their costly purchase to soothe their own egos.

I just assumed about the insurance rate for bimmers, although it might depend on what area/country you live in. Where I live I imagine it would cost more. I was pretty sure about the maintenance part of it though. The cars themselves are so complex you'll be farming the work out a lot more than with the Max, and any parts you replace yourself will be more expensive or dealer-only stuff. A full 180 from say... a Ford Taurus?
Old 02-19-2002, 03:53 PM

Originally posted by Bman
They're just trying to justify their costly purchase to soothe their own egos.

No one is trying to soothe their own egos. BMW is an ultimate driving machine where Maxima is just another family sedan.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:53 PM
syc

Originally posted by y sleep
SYC
If you really don't care, why post a hostile reply? It seems we have miscommunicated. I did not say I am rich, not all BMW are leased and people can do what they want with their honestly earned cash. My point is that you don't have to buy the most expensive car you can afford to have fun. Many years ago, while riding a train, I met a **** Germany concentration camp survivor. Among the things he told me, one in particularly was "Why buy a Mercedes if a Cadiallac will do?". Cars don't make the man. The fact that the BMW folks are discussing the Maxima highlights the value of the our cars. The BMW are nicer, but not worth the price difference in my opinion. Maybe I am being cheap...
Peace
I'm wasn't replying your post, I apologize if you think I refer "you" as you. Why buy a Mercedes if a Cadiallac will do? People buy Mercedes for the name and other good things and it's is necessary for some of those people to do so! Yes, in my opinion, BMWs are not worth the price difference. But very few people here just talking stuff like all BMW people are rich stupid showoff. Nothing wrong with rich people wanting to buy some BMW or Porsche or Farrari. I post a hostile reply because I hate myself not having the money to buy some of the goodies. again, good luck with my Lotto!