General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Thats it! Im getting a comaro.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 11:49 PM
Granny Driven

Thats it! Im getting a comaro.

Not really, but those things are fast. I sow one on the freeway and decided to play with it. I downshift and cruise with him for a little while then we both punch it and he pulled soooo fast and far it felt like I was driving a neon. It was a newer SS comaro. I guess hello supercharger!
Old 02-23-2002, 11:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You mean a CamaroSS?

Yeah that suckers are fast. Maybe with a SC you probably can hang with it, maybe even beat it, I'm not sure. If you go with a smaller size pulley however, then you could beat it. I know Mardigrasmax beat a Pontiac Firebird WS6(similar to the SS)with a smaller pulley SC. Actually, Matt beat him twice. I think the guy was really mad after that. He must thought something was wrong with his car.
Old 02-24-2002, 12:25 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
You mean a CamaroSS?

Yeah that suckers are fast. Maybe with a SC you probably can hang with it, maybe even beat it, I'm not sure. If you go with a smaller size pulley however, then you could beat it. I know Mardigrasmax beat a Pontiac Firebird WS6(similar to the SS)with a smaller pulley SC. Actually, Matt beat him twice. I think the guy was really mad after that. He must thought something was wrong with his car.
:Sigh" american muscle cars...better get premium AAA card
Old 02-24-2002, 07:58 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

they're fast when they work
Old 02-24-2002, 08:55 AM

I visit fbody.com about once a week or so just to see what's up. They have some very impressive cars over there. Some guy ran a 12.89 in his brand new off the showroom floor '02 WS6 on street tires. If they weren't so unreliable, I'd like one myself. Not to mention the superchargers that add 145HP at the wheels
Old 02-24-2002, 09:09 AM

You mean a CamaroSS?

Noway,,,,,you need sc and nos to beat a decent driver. they run low 13's stock....
Old 02-24-2002, 10:23 AM

Here's the link that I previously mentioned. I was wrong, it was a 12.87, and it was an '01 model, not '02. http://www.fbody.com/cgi-bin/ls1/read.cgi?msgid=129
Old 02-24-2002, 10:54 AM

u guys act like they just break left and right american muscle cars are nice camaros, mustangs, and firebirds...i personally just like the import scene but no reason to assume they just break..cause they dont.
Old 02-24-2002, 11:26 AM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

and don't think you shouldn't have that for a s/c maxima....

Originally posted by MaxTuner

:Sigh" american muscle cars...better get premium AAA card
Old 02-24-2002, 11:29 AM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by ILoveMyMax
u guys act like they just break left and right american muscle cars are nice camaros, mustangs, and firebirds...i personally just like the import scene but no reason to assume they just break..cause they dont.
That is true...to an extent. My dad has a '95 Explorer Eddy Buaer with 101,000 miles and just blew a gear (automatic). The ignition feels weak too.

Correct me if i'm wrong boys but..I heard Big American engines last longer than litte import engines because they don't have to pack all that power into a small engine. Like the Honda S2000, 240HP into a tiny 4-banger. It kinda makes sense..bigger engine, less strain power output wise. What do you guys think ?
Old 02-24-2002, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Craig Mack

That is true...to an extent. My dad has a '95 Explorer Eddy Buaer with 101,000 miles and just blew a gear (automatic). The ignition feels weak too.

Correct me if i'm wrong boys but..I heard Big American engines last longer than litte import engines because they don't have to pack all that power into a small engine. Like the Honda S2000, 240HP into a tiny 4-banger. It kinda makes sense..bigger engine, less strain power output wise. What do you guys think ?
I had a 96 explorer, Transfer case went at 28,000 miles, transmission went at 37,000 miles, gas pedal fell off the F U CKI N G floor while I was driving it, sold it and a buddy of mine asked me what was wrong with my car because he seen it at work (the ford dealer) in the service area for over a month and a half most FORDs = ****
Old 02-24-2002, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by skeelo34

Noway,,,,,you need sc and nos to beat a decent driver. they run low 13's stock....

Well ok, Matt did have a small shot of nitrous along with the SC at the time. However, something wasn't running right that's for sure because I think Matt could have got high 12s if everything was running right. If his car was running right, I think Matt could have take the WS6 just with his SC. I hope you're not questioning how fast his car is.
Old 02-24-2002, 11:58 AM

I suppose that could be true, but I would tend to believe that the technology involved in getting 240HP out of a 4cylinder also makes components that withstand the extra strain.

I would believe that American are generally easier and cheaper to fix, since imports generally have more electrical parts and more things are computer controlled.
Old 02-24-2002, 11:59 AM
Administrator

people people people..

if you are going to compare highway races.. you should use trap speed not 1/4 mile time.. theblue runs 14.2 with a low 90's trap speed.. however if someone some mods runs 15.2 with high 90's trap speed .. just because theblue is faster 1/4 mile doesn't mean he is faster on the highway.. it means that theblue is going to get toasted by that 15 second car from a roll..

now don't look at matt's 1/4 mile time vs the ws6 1/4 mile time.. most of those f bods run with 100 - 105 mph trap speeds.. yeah they are running low 13's and high 12's but the trap speeds are still the same as matts.. so what does that mean? in the first 60ft of the 1/4 mile race.. the ws6 is putting down the power to the ground better than matt.. but on a roll matt is going to eat them alive..
Old 02-24-2002, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
people people people..

if you are going to compare highway races.. you should use trap speed not 1/4 mile time.. theblue runs 14.2 with a low 90's trap speed.. however if someone some mods runs 15.2 with high 90's trap speed .. just because theblue is faster 1/4 mile doesn't mean he is faster on the highway.. it means that theblue is going to get toasted by that 15 second car from a roll..

now don't look at matt's 1/4 mile time vs the ws6 1/4 mile time.. most of those f bods run with 100 - 105 mph trap speeds.. yeah they are running low 13's and high 12's but the trap speeds are still the same as matts.. so what does that mean? in the first 60ft of the 1/4 mile race.. the ws6 is putting down the power to the ground better than matt.. but on a roll matt is going to eat them alive..
Good Post sprintmax!!! Sounds like you know your stuff. Take Care
Old 02-24-2002, 02:43 PM

I agree that domestics aren't as bad as we make them seem on this board but let's look at my parent's Dodge Caravan. It has under 15k miles and has needed to be fixed 3 times already. The tranny wouldn't get out of 2nd gear, the parking brake got stuck in park, and then the atf was leaking badly. My car and my dad's Altima have yet to have anything break on them and they both have more miles.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:05 PM
Granny Driven

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RapidMax
I agree that domestics aren't as bad as we make them seem on this board but let's look at my parent's Dodge Caravan. It has under 15k miles and has needed to be fixed 3 times already. The tranny wouldn't get out of 2nd gear, the parking brake got stuck in park, and then the atf was leaking badly. My car and my dad's Altima have yet to have anything break on them and they both have more miles. [/QUOTE

All cars break down, some more then others. It depemds how you drive them and take care of them.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:36 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 190hpKiLLA
All cars break down, some more then others. It depemds how you drive them and take care of them.

agreed

My dad's 1987 Mercury Sable that probably has like a 30$ book value is still running, he invested less money in fixing it in 7 years then I did in my 93 Maxima in a year. And he has around 135k miles now.. I had 106k.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:46 PM

What is a comaro?
Old 02-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by see5
What is a comaro?
step down from the carvitte
Old 02-24-2002, 04:15 PM

Id love to get a Camaro, specially since this is the last year they are going to make it.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:16 PM

i thought it was camero?
Old 02-24-2002, 04:19 PM
Administrator

i never understood why people called it camero
Old 02-24-2002, 04:23 PM

i saw a for sale sign in my gym for an older camaro... the guy spelled it camero.. come on if you own one you should at least know how to spell the name, thats like us calling it a maxama
Old 02-24-2002, 04:26 PM

so the fully modded max...could keep up and or possibly beat the Ws6 I think the driver of the trans should be shot and i think that we have to remeber that the ws6 is stock...lets mod it and see what happens..those cars are just faster period nothign we can do. Gotta respect them....

Well ok, Matt did have a small shot of nitrous along with the SC at the time. However, something wasn't running right that's for sure because I think Matt could have got high 12s if everything was running right. If his car was running right, I think Matt could have take the WS6 just with his SC. I hope you're not questioning how fast his car is.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:33 PM

Tiny? Tiny 4 banger? no its a 2.0L 4, aka big A$$ pistons. AKA big engine overall. Believe me that engine has no strain once so ever at 9000RPM's, they could be run a 10,000RPM's day and night, but they were built that way... as much as I dont like honda's i got to give them props for the TypeR and the S2000.