General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Doh! It's official (part 2 of "pull up... speed up" thread)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 12:39 AM
Very sound, Mike

Doh! It's official (part 2 of "pull up... speed up" thread)

It's official, i'm definitely being woman-trolled. I was coming home again today. Same time, same place except i stayed at the slowest lane just so i can take it easy. (It is, after all, very late at night and for some reason westheimer was crawling with cops).

I was taking an exit (Y-type split road) when out of nowhere this car pulled up behind me. I didn't really mind at first as if they wanted to overtake me they have 2 other lanes to do so... i was already at the slowest possible lane and was about to make a right.

This car was really tailgating me (I couldn't even see her headlights from my rearview mirror... so yeah, she was that close).

Red light comes and i slowly brake to stop. Still noticing that she's tailgating... in the back of my mind was "She better stop or she'll hit me!". Me at a complete stop i then heard a screech and there she was trying to brake so hard. I got ****ed! She really could have hit me!

Green light, i slowly accelerated. A couple of seconds later i heard another screech - she floored it with me just a car length or two ahead of her. I don't normally say this but "WTF?!?!?".

That was it, i floored it all the way to the end of 2nd w/ wheel spinning like crazy (it was damp outside). Slowed down and made my right turn exit 1/4 mile later - down to cruising speed (35 in this particular road)

Then again, blam! There's the car behind me. I gave up and pulled to the fast lane. She overtook me. It was a dark green Mazda RX-5.

I then pulled back into the slow lane and just looked. Red light comes up and she moves to the left-turn only lane and i stay on my straight-only lane.

My hunch was right, it was a girl alright. Probably in her early 30's, thick, long dark brown hair with bangs and she knew i was looking at her (Heck, i was annoyed and was willing to follow everyone's advice last time). She just sat there with both hands on the 10-2 position acting all nervous.

I let up seeing she looked kinda scared/****ed or something.

So tell me, am i becoming some sort of a magnet nowadays?
Old 03-01-2002, 01:04 AM

maybe she she was in a rush because she had diarea
Old 03-01-2002, 06:14 AM

Re: Doh! It's official (part 2 of "pull up... speed up" thread)

I get that alot too. People come flying up behind then just decide to drive behind me. They must be mesmerized by my beautiful rear end.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:19 AM
Very sound, Mike

Diarrhea? LOL! I sure hope you're kidding about that statement. Given there was just the 2 of us in a clear stretch of 3 lane road how hard can it be to just overtake me? (Okay, whoever smarty pants are reading this, i know i have a Maxima but i can be overtaken sometimes ya know heheehe )

Honestly, i've never had so much attention driving a car before. People must definitely be challenged to see a 4DSC running around. Either that or people are thinking i'm another riceboy and deserve a spanking. (Here in H-town it seems, at least from the older people i've talked to, anyone with clear taillights are riceboys).
Old 03-01-2002, 07:26 AM
You're Faster, I'm Better

I had something similar to this last saturday, but the experience was so much cooler. I was cruizing westhiemer and decided to take BW8 home. I happened to get on with a yellow viper. I tried to go at it with him(it's in another post) and he exited. Right after he exited an Infinity I30 pulled up with a lady and I am guessing her dude in the passenger seat. We raced down BW8 over and over till she exited 290. The lady looked to be in her early 30's, which is a suprise because in H-Town women don't usually race. Right after that another lady in a black Eclipse GT races me all the way down BW8. It wasn't until we were at the red light at 59N did I notice it was a lady, probably in her mid to late 30's! my friend were like DAMN! We continued to race down BW8 till West Lake Houston Prkwy and all the way down there too! I mean come on, how often does a women race for 10-15 miles, at speeds of 115+ even thru the twisties? It was the sweetest experience I have had so far. When she went to exit she was blarin her horn like a deer was in the road, so I know she was havin fun. (speakin of twisties, if you want to test your high speed handeling you need to hit up West Lake Houston Prkwy from BW8 to the 30mph zone)
Old 03-01-2002, 08:33 AM
Very sound, Mike

Dang! That must've been fun! If only there was an oval track we all could go to though, i'd rather do that than on the streets. But still a sweet thing that happened.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:08 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

oval tracks are too boring, anyways at 2:00am there are really no cars on the road...and hell yeah it was fun!! my leg was shaking for the next half hour!!
Old 03-01-2002, 02:11 PM

Interesting...

Originally posted by soundmike
It's official, i'm definitely being woman-trolled. I was coming home again today. Same time, same place except i stayed at the slowest lane just so i can take it easy. (It is, after all, very late at night and for some reason westheimer was crawling with cops).

I was taking an exit (Y-type split road) when out of nowhere this car pulled up behind me. I didn't really mind at first as if they wanted to overtake me they have 2 other lanes to do so... i was already at the slowest possible lane and was about to make a right.

This car was really tailgating me (I couldn't even see her headlights from my rearview mirror... so yeah, she was that close).

Red light comes and i slowly brake to stop. Still noticing that she's tailgating... in the back of my mind was "She better stop or she'll hit me!". Me at a complete stop i then heard a screech and there she was trying to brake so hard. I got ****ed! She really could have hit me!

Green light, i slowly accelerated. A couple of seconds later i heard another screech - she floored it with me just a car length or two ahead of her. I don't normally say this but "WTF?!?!?".

That was it, i floored it all the way to the end of 2nd w/ wheel spinning like crazy (it was damp outside). Slowed down and made my right turn exit 1/4 mile later - down to cruising speed (35 in this particular road)

Then again, blam! There's the car behind me. I gave up and pulled to the fast lane. She overtook me. It was a dark green Mazda RX-5.

I then pulled back into the slow lane and just looked. Red light comes up and she moves to the left-turn only lane and i stay on my straight-only lane.

My hunch was right, it was a girl alright. Probably in her early 30's, thick, long dark brown hair with bangs and she knew i was looking at her (Heck, i was annoyed and was willing to follow everyone's advice last time). She just sat there with both hands on the 10-2 position acting all nervous.

I let up seeing she looked kinda scared/****ed or something.

Old 03-01-2002, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by soundmike
it's not you who's the magnet...it's the max ...that's the chick magnet right there