General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I think I know who stole my rims. What do ya'll think i should do about it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 07:07 PM

I think I know who stole my rims. What do ya'll think i should do about it?

I saw them on a Red 3rd Gen Maxima with my crappy Potenzas near my neighborhood. The car was parked in front on the street. I approached the lady in the front yard to ask if I could take a look at them (b/c I knew the ones that were stolen had a scuff/scratch on them). When I asked her where she got them and said mine were stolen (which I prolly shouldn't have said), she kinda was caught off guard and said "I don't know what you're talking about, my son has had those for years". We all know that's impossible as 2k2s came out not too long ago. What should I do about this? Please provide some input on this.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 03-10-2002, 07:09 PM
Administrator

report it to the police..
Old 03-10-2002, 07:11 PM

Re: I think I know who stole my rims. What do ya'll think i should do about it?

Originally posted by mattattax
I saw them on a Red 3rd Gen Maxima with my crappy Potenzas near my neighborhood. The car was parked in front on the street. I approached the lady in the front yard to ask if I could take a look at them (b/c I knew the ones that were stolen had a scuff/scratch on them). When I asked her where she got them and said mine were stolen (which I prolly shouldn't have said), she kinda was caught off guard and said "I don't know what you're talking about, my son has had those for years". We all know that's impossible as 2k2s came out not too long ago. What should I do about this? Please provide some input on this.
Thanks,
Matt
I would catch that SOB and beat the **** out of him!!! you better hurry too because if the lady talked to the guy and he sells them or takes them off really quick
Old 03-10-2002, 07:13 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by SprintMax
Matt,

Get the license tag on that car. When you do either

1)Report it to the police and file a report

2)Wait till it's parked outside again, go up and visually inspect it for yourself and make SURE it's your wheels.

You know woman don't know jack about cars in most cases. She probubly only knows that the car is called a "maxima" and that's it. So i'd advise you to go the second route first.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:18 PM

The scuff mark was there, so I'm pretty sure they're mine, not 100% b/c I'm trying to remember exactly what the scuff looked like, but something didn't set right when the kid's mom answered so nervously. I'm trying to remember if the police wrote that it had a scuff mark in the report. I'm gonna get on this first thing tomorrow. Damn I'm ****ed. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I agree with GTRBlkMax97...

File a report or take a picture QUICK! If she tells her son he could take them off and sell/hide them in a second.
-Cyrus
Old 03-10-2002, 07:19 PM

Re: Re: I think I know who stole my rims. What do ya'll think i should do about it?

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97
I would catch that SOB and beat the **** out of him!!! you better hurry too because if the lady talked to the guy and he sells them or takes them off really quick
i'd make sure and check check the scuff marks and see that it is yours. then report it to the police. when everything you can do is done, then beat the crap out of him... and i can see the lady "trying" to protect that punk, but the NERVE! a few years, huh?

oh, btw, violence is not the answer. (i'm not saying i wouldn't, i'm just saying )

kafene
Old 03-10-2002, 07:23 PM

yes make sure u check before u take action :-) but yeah police will def give u the authority to approachthe vechile and owners and prove ur case and suspition..all else fails they stole ur rims , steal his car --peace
Old 03-10-2002, 07:24 PM

Take pictures up close and get the vin # of the car...
Old 03-10-2002, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by ILoveMyMax
all else fails they stole ur rims , steal his car --peace
no kidding dude, make sure they are your rims and steal them back, get 2 jacks and a couple of friends and just go overthere in broad daylight and take them back
Old 03-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If it is still out there, take pictures. Call the police ASAP as the dude may be freaked out when mom yells at him for stealing and making her lie (with that story). Although women generally know little about cars, you should be able to tell that the wheels your son has are different. If you don't, you certainly shouldn't say with confidence that they've been on for years.

Vigilante justice is out. She's made you... Were payback to be dealt by you, you would definitely be tops on the list of possible perps. Plus, the son knows who he stole it off of and might know where you live.

Good luck. That really sucks.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:41 PM

crack the motha ****er in the head with the jack then steal them back while hes bleeding in front of you
Old 03-10-2002, 07:43 PM

dont take it into your own hands. just get the info, take pictures and get the police involved. if you steal them back or beat the kid then you're just asking for more trouble.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:46 PM

REVENGE BABY!

This is something I know alittle about, First call the cops and try to fix it with them there, check the report, maybe cruise by and take some pics of the car with the wheels on them. I hope this works for you.

Plan B should be something you think out and take your time doing, even if plan A fails by doing it that way you will learn his name and stuff and you know his car. Take your time planning the jack move carefully. The more you wait the less of a suspect you are. Maybe get someone to do it for you. That way you can be somewhere else with friends or family to confirm your story of not taken them.

Plan C is wait up to a year and more, then when hes at a movie or something take the wheels and bust his *** up . What ever you do good luck, I hope it all ends well with noone getting beat up over some wheels.
Old 03-11-2002, 04:10 AM

Re: I think I know who stole my rims. What do ya'll think i should do about it?

Thanks,
Matt
I don't know where you live but be careful. It's not worth getting hurt over wheels that your insurance should have paid for, and if they did, chances are you can step up to nice 18's for far less than your stockers.

I see all kinds of crazy BS all the time, 3rd gens with 4th gen SE rims, 4th gens with 5th gen 17's, 5th gen GLE's with SE 17's, so on and so forth. Who knows if they were stolen or not but obviously it doesn't make sense to upgrade to factory rims because they are expensive and cheesy. If it's a stock set of rims that you had it would seem hard to tell if they were yours or not.

Good luck but don't get involved with the type of people who would steal like that, it's not worth it.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:53 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by SprintMax
I actually agree!

Old 03-11-2002, 08:30 AM

Re: REVENGE BABY!

Originally posted by 91MaxShortBus

Plan C is wait up to a year and more
Old Spanish saying: Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:38 AM

Dude you have to call cops asap to get your rims back and put this kid in the jail
Old 03-11-2002, 08:41 AM

Dude, call me, and we'll go down there with my 2500HD Crew Cab, tie it to the back and tow that POS down the street until it falls to pieces. OR, we can wait until he's on the street somewhere and get him.

That $hit ****es me off. Last year I had a storage room broken into, and the guy used some receipts for CC purchases ($600- Lowes, $1500 Home Depot, etc, but the dumba$$ also used it to place a personal add in a local newpaper. I had someone call, set up a meeting, and "someone" (not saying it was me) met him and made him feel really bad about doing what he did (read between the lines).
Old 03-11-2002, 09:03 AM
I'm needing a caw

With the insurance, you should be able to get some Volks and tires in 18" so what's the big deal? It sucks but which would you rather have? The brand new lightweight 18s or your stockers back??

Actually if you are sneaky, I would get the insurance to cough up the dough for the wheels and get new rims. And then polietly tell the kid/mom that you will NOT call the police if your rims are suddenly in your front yard by tomorrow.

Then you have both
Old 03-11-2002, 09:08 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
With the insurance, you should be able to get some Volks and tires in 18" so what's the big deal? It sucks but which would you rather have? The brand new lightweight 18s or your stockers back??

Actually if you are sneaky, I would get the insurance to cough up the dough for the wheels and get new rims. And then polietly tell the kid/mom that you will NOT call the police if your rims are suddenly in your front yard by tomorrow.

Then you have both
That's smart one!!!!!! Dude do it as jeff suggested.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by cooler2000

That's smart one!!!!!! Dude do it as jeff suggested.
Well ya' see here's the deal, I'm an IDIOT and so when I got new rims I got the stock ones, insurance was paying for it all and i should have thought things through more but I really just want some kind of resolve for the $hit I had to deal with during the 2 weeks I didn't have my wheels.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:04 AM
I'm needing a caw

Ok fine. Doesn't mean you can't still do what I suggested. Say "Dude/Maam, I already took dated pics of the 3-gen. I have aready confirmed they are mine. If you bought these stolen(give him a way out), I'm sorry. But you are still liable for the stolen goods. I suggest you have them on my porch by tomorrow or it's 911 time.

When you get the extra set, just sell them

Well ya' see here's the deal, I'm an IDIOT and so when I got new rims I got the stock ones, insurance was paying for it all and i should have thought things through more but I really just want some kind of resolve for the $hit I had to deal with during the 2 weeks I didn't have my wheels.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by Don in Texas
Dude, call me, and we'll go down there with my 2500HD Crew Cab, tie it to the back and tow that POS down the street until it falls to pieces. OR, we can wait until he's on the street somewhere and get him.

That $hit ****es me off. Last year I had a storage room broken into, and the guy used some receipts for CC purchases ($600- Lowes, $1500 Home Depot, etc, but the dumba$$ also used it to place a personal add in a local newpaper. I had someone call, set up a meeting, and "someone" (not saying it was me) met him and made him feel really bad about doing what he did (read between the lines).
There goes a man who knows how to handle a situation. Might not have got his money back but definitely made him feel alot better.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:22 AM
I'm needing a caw

Ever wonder why professional boxers don't get in street brawls?

Originally posted by MrBlank
There goes a man who knows how to handle a situation. Might not have got his money back but definitely made him feel alot better.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:30 AM

Mike Tyson does.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:32 AM
I'm needing a caw

And how much did it net him?

Originally posted by Supermachoman
Mike Tyson does.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:35 AM

what does that have to do with anything?
Old 03-11-2002, 10:47 AM
I'm needing a caw

From my point of view, everything

what does that have to do with anything?
Old 03-11-2002, 10:51 AM

From my point of view, everything

Professional Boxers ,Professional Fighters and Certified Martial Arts Black belts dont get into fights because they are 100% liable since they are trained to inflict damage. It is illegal for them to fight outside of a ring because they are basically lethal weapons. Now wat are you talkin about again? :shrug:
Old 03-11-2002, 10:56 AM
I'm needing a caw

What?! haha. So if an Black Belt got into a fight with me, he would automatically be liable??? SWEET! Actually it's illegal for ANYONE to fight Try again

Professional Boxers ,Professional Fighters and Certified Martial Arts Black belts dont get into fights because they are 100% liable since they are trained to inflict damage. It is illegal for them to fight outside of a ring because they are basically lethal weapons. Now wat are you talkin about again? :shrug:
Old 03-11-2002, 11:02 AM

The police didn't seem too interested so I confronted the guy and he was pretty understanding. He said he got them at a shop and so I left there acting like I wasn't suspicious of him anymore. I have so much other stuff to worry about, it may not be worth my time to look into it much further. If I get a chance later I may go by again and do exactly as Jeff suggested.
thanks
Old 03-13-2002, 10:18 AM
To them I'm like an idol

On the contrary...

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

I don't know where you live but be careful. It's not worth getting hurt over wheels that your insurance should have paid for, and if they did, chances are you can step up to nice 18's for far less than your stockers.

I see all kinds of crazy BS all the time, 3rd gens with 4th gen SE rims, 4th gens with 5th gen 17's, 5th gen GLE's with SE 17's, so on and so forth. Who knows if they were stolen or not but obviously it doesn't make sense to upgrade to factory rims because they are expensive and cheesy. If it's a stock set of rims that you had it would seem hard to tell if they were yours or not.

Good luck but don't get involved with the type of people who would steal like that, it's not worth it.

Upgrading to factory rims is good if you have a 3rd or 4th gen. Factory rims for those years are hella ugly for the most part. 5th factory rims (especially those 5 spoke GLE 16's) are pretty nice in comparison.

And there is always somebody who bought a 5th gen car, and spend thru the nose for 18's or high end 17's, that is just aching for somebody to come buy their factory set at a low price.

Btw,

again post the license plate, or address and I'll get you detailed info off of publicdata.com.
Old 03-13-2002, 12:01 PM

What?! haha. So if an Black Belt got into a fight with me, he would automatically be liable??? SWEET! Actually it's illegal for ANYONE to fight Try again

but when "regular" people fight its just assault. when boxers or black belts fight in public they can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. (so ive heard)
Old 03-13-2002, 12:07 PM

It doesn't matter if he said he got them from a shop. As long as you have enough proof that the rims were stolen and that they were yours, you can get them back. It's just bad luck that this kid bought stolen property, which we all know, was not the case. Have a talk with this kid's mom. Where did you have them stolen? Because if it was at a parking lot and not from your house then you have the psychological edge as you know where he lives and he has no idea where you live. That alone should be enough to scare the rims back.

BTW.. Did you get a police report when they were stolen?

The police didn't seem too interested so I confronted the guy and he was pretty understanding. He said he got them at a shop and so I left there acting like I wasn't suspicious of him anymore. I have so much other stuff to worry about, it may not be worth my time to look into it much further. If I get a chance later I may go by again and do exactly as Jeff suggested.
thanks
Old 03-13-2002, 12:08 PM
I'm needing a caw

This is totally not my point. I'll just spell it out.

They don't get PAID. That's why. Correlation. How much does the revenge these guys are talking about pay? Nothing or worse, an arrest.

Originally posted by Newman96SE
but when "regular" people fight its just assault. when boxers or black belts fight in public they can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. (so ive heard)
Old 03-13-2002, 01:03 PM

This is totally not my point. I'll just spell it out.

They don't get PAID. That's why. Correlation. How much does the revenge these guys are talking about pay? Nothing or worse, an arrest.

oh i know. i just wanted to add a little something to the conversation.