General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New Kits......UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 10:35 AM

New Kits......UPDATE

Hey guys,
Sorry for coming in here and getting everybody all riled up about new kits, and subsequently dropping out of sight for a week. I just wanted to post here and let everyone who was interested know what's going on.

The company I was going to go with SEEMS to be too slow production-wise; it may just be in fact that they are too busy at the moment. So what I have planned is a vertically integrated company, I am researching the viability of producing these kits myself. That's why I haven't posted in a little while, there is quite a lot involved and the legalities etc. are very time-consuming.

The other guys have said they wouldn't be able to even START your kits for about a month, and one of my altima kits isn't even finished yet; the donor car has been there for 4 weeks!

I find that completely unacceptable, so that's it. I'm doing this myself.

It may be a few weeks before I'm setup, but I definitely won't forget about you guys, and I'll continue to update the situation as it changes.

Thanks for your understanding, and wish me luck!

Jeff
Old 03-25-2002, 12:42 PM

this is what he's talking about for anyone who doesnt recall

New Body Kits For Maximas!!!!!

SKYLINE R34 4th gen BODY KIT
Old 03-25-2002, 01:34 PM

Hopefully this will work out in the end and get some new kits out there for us.

SuDZ
Old 03-25-2002, 02:19 PM

no offence to anyone but im glad i decided to take the time and just make mine. in the past year we've had many people (at least 4) come and offer use a new kit and a year later our options are still sarona, stillen and the razzi. Im not mad but its just frustrating.
Old 03-25-2002, 02:24 PM

How do people go about making their own kit? What is the cost to be expecting?

SuDZ
Old 03-25-2002, 05:21 PM

I found all the pics that were missing, they're back up
Old 03-25-2002, 06:32 PM

its a tough thing to do sudz, thats why so many people have trouble getting things rolling on these kits. Its not them but the people they have to trust to get things done. Just so ya know im in the process of working with a few people on the board to get a kit produced for us. And i can say that knowing that i'll be doing the work and not having to depend on others.
Old 03-25-2002, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by piopremier
its a tough thing to do sudz, thats why so many people have trouble getting things rolling on these kits. Its not them but the people they have to trust to get things done. Just so ya know im in the process of working with a few people on the board to get a kit produced for us. And i can say that knowing that i'll be doing the work and not having to depend on others.
Have you thought about some a black mesh grill in that hole?
Old 03-25-2002, 07:12 PM

yeah, im buying a billet grill for a truck and im gonna fit it in there so it matches the top grill.